• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindwipe

It is to prevent the hard core from purchasing all their gear day 1.

If you look at it from the big picture. Yes, it is an annoying and arbitrary time/activity gate, but the overall time for a fresh character to level 30 is now significantly less. It acts like a deminishing return for longtime players, but a boon for the new. Just a way to squeeze the merit gap for new content

I really doubt that will be true, and the non-RNG time from a fresh player to Level 28 with weaponry capable of doing the raid has probably just gone up by at least a third.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Got my 3rd Titan to 20 today, just need to play a few crucible matches for rep and then getting some rest so I can jump on when the switch flips and unlocks the Dark Below content. Got the timer on my coffee machine set and just picked up some donuts. Ready to do this shit.

Also I should have about 3-4 commendations once it goes live, but I think I'm going to hold off on weapons until I see some impressions for now. For armor I'm going to probably wait till the end of the week after hopefully getting in some Crota's End clears and see what I get from that.

i'm free... overwhelmed what do i play

Tropical Freeze: Challenging but fair and fantastic 2D platformer with beautiful music + visuals.

Cat Mario: Cats. And Mario. What else needs to be said?

I would pick either of those unless your buddy is available for local multiplayer Smash.

I really doubt that will be true, and the non-RNG time from a fresh player to Level 28 with weaponry capable of doing the raid has probably just gone up by at least a third.

You will be able to purchase level 31 gear from vendors instead of 29. You get to skip 2 whole upgrade cycles. 29 gear -》 30 raid gear is completely bypassed for new players. The time to acquire may have slowed down with Commendations, but surely still faster than upgrading 2 sets and hoping rng blesses you in the raid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tropical Freeze: Challenging but fair and fantastic 2D platformer with beautiful music + visuals.

Cat Mario: Cats. And Mario. What else needs to be said?

I would pick either of those unless your buddy is available for local multiplayer Smash.
He's coming over in an over aw yiss. Will check out Tropical Freeze until then! :D

I have about 60 hours of no responsibility in the middle of the week and a billion games to play, I feel like I just de-aged ten years

Strider

Which Gaf member is rNilla again? I know I remember they are a member but forget who it was lol There are too many people in DestinyGAF :p

Anyway, randomly got matched up against them in a crucible match.

todd360

There'll still be engrams, DeeJ said on twitter that they'll be in Xur's inventory "sporadically" rather than always there

I don't even know why i'm still trying to get praxic fire. Why does Bungie refuse to let me have it? Ive hyped it up to be far better than it really is by now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Re: engrams

@DeeJ_BNG "Here's what I can confirm about Xur right now: -Exotic Engrams will still sporadically appear in his inventory -His inventory will be more powerful next week"

Re: what about Exotic shards, will exotic engrams replace them?

@DeeJ_BNG "The plan, as I understand it, is for shards to be available all the time. Engrams will appear from time to time."

Re: upgrading items tomorrow

Xur won't be there tomorrow and I'm thankful for that. give a few days for people to actually try their weaponry rather than impulse upgrade "cause it's there." Of course, if he has Ice Breaker on Friday you all know what to do.

Mindwipe

You will be able to purchase level 31 gear from vendors instead of 29. You get to skip 2 whole upgrade cycles. 29 gear -》 30 raid gear is completely bypassed for new players. The time to acquire may have slowed down with Commendations, but surely still faster than upgrading 2 sets and hoping rng blesses you in the raid.

You're assuming people want to play that far.

Wanting to get through the raid so you see all the content you've paid for is a legitimate end goal. That means 27 - 28. After that people may well have no interest in the game.

Ambitious

Alright, time to unsubscribe from this thread just to make sure I won't see any spoilers. I'll be back on Friday when I'm going to play the raid for the first time (and potentially stream it).
Have fun tomorrow, everyone.

You're assuming people want to play that far.

Wanting to get through the raid so you see all the content you've paid for is a legitimate end goal. That means 27 - 28. After that people may well have no interest in the game.

Well, that may be true. It may still be a similar time. Purchase an exotic from Xur and only 1 or 2 Legendaries from vendors and the increased base light level of nee gear will get you to 27 or 28. Time overall will not be that much different.

I need 3 guys for hard raid, if I can't find any in 15 minutes I'm gonna quit for the night.

I'm at the gatekeepers at the moment so if anyone wants to join my PSN is Jignxs

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I need 3 guys for hard raid, if I can't find any in 15 minutes I'm gonna quit for the night.

I'm at the gatekeepers at the moment so if anyone wants to join my PSN is Jignxs

Hey, Sent you an invite on psn

Looking at my stats, I have completed Vault of Glass more times than I thought. So far, I have 82 completions and I still enjoy playing this raid.

I'm really curious to see if in the long run Crota's End will be as fun as VoG.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The level 30 daily felt the same as a 28.

Wait till Black Garden shows up lol, level 30 Minotaurs, you had a 2 level advantage before, now none >_<

41 Crucible Marks to go on Hunter, 34 on Titan, I seriously miss the shit out of trading them in for Marks + Rep ; ;
So close to maxing 5 exotics, have the exotic bounties almost set for them to be swapped out tomorrow, might get 8-10+ Exotic Shards out of this ^_^

Strider

Leveling up an alt reminds me of the good ol days of Shingen's in PvP. Everyone used to roll with them lol now it's just an ok gun but pretty good for anyone below level 20.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone want to or need to do a run through the Weekly/Nightfall? Wouldn't mind getting my new alt through before the reset.

Mindwipe

Well, that may be true. It may still be a similar time. Purchase an exotic from Xur and only 1 or 2 Legendaries from vendors and the increased base light level of nee gear will get you to 27 or 28. Time overall will not be that much different.

The increased base light of two legendaries doesn't even get you to 26.

And realistically you need to be significantly above that to actually compete in the Raid, unless you want people wandering around with uncommon weapons.

BokehKing

Banned
People who have been following what we are getting tomorrow, should I reach rank 4 vanguard or keep going with dead poets society, I mean Um dead orbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom