• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Supposed to be a small 'hotfix' which basically preps for TDB. And apparently it lets missions have higher levels now
Omg yes! level 30 missions.

Weekly events now peak at Level 30. Rewards are same as they were with Lvl 28.

Some background fixes for TDB content.

And while not listed officially, commendation data is in as the vendors now have commendation descriptions listed in 'Reputation Details'.

Thanks!

Kensuke

Might as well also make a post.

Crota raid on PS4. 30 only (sorry). As soon as it launches.

1. Wretched_Walrus (hunter, max weapons)
2. Reserved (titan, max weapons)
3. Reserved (warlock, max weapons)

The reserved slots are 2 friends that are almost certainly coming, but you never know.

rNilla

Thanks for the quick run lunlunqq party!

Two more titan helmets, yet another Timebreaker and Hawkmoon # 2 (sorry non-Hawkmoon GAFers. I'd give it away if I could).

Wait...if we hold onto our purple engrams until the update tomorrow, will they turn into the new, powered up legendaries?

If so SHIT, cause I decrypted two purple ones today ;_;

Doubt it. Last change that came close to affecting the outcome of already gained Engrams didn't improve chances or change their make-up. I think it was the roll-update that ensured legendary engrams provided legendary items and up, to where we were told that already gained Engrams would not be affected and not to bother saving them.

Mindlog

Wait...if we hold onto our purple engrams until the update tomorrow, will they turn into the new, powered up legendaries?

If so SHIT, cause I decrypted two purple ones today ;_;
I'm holding on to mine. The difference this time is that while the loot table stays the same the actual loot is changing. We'll so how it works out.

Plus I'm going to level my Cryptarch so might as well do that after reset.

Looking for people who don't wanna do it at 4 am lol, but still early enough.

1. Dante316
2. Friend

I think we are friends. PSN: Subtervotion.

I'd definitely love to get in on some Raid action sooner rather than later. I've got all lvl 30 characters and a good amount of 300 dmg weapons.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

4. GraveRobberX (30 Everything, Maxed out Everything)

The reserved slots are 2 friends that are almost certainly coming, but you never know.

ME!

hydruxo

What difficulty is this raid going to be at? I beat Glass on normal a ton of time at 29 without max weapons no problem.

Normal is 30, only the fireteam leader has to be 30 though. You could have 29's in there if you wanted, but obviously you'd be at a disadvantage.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Me too, since it look like my group has bailed on me. Kurt-Niisan, Level 30 with maxed everything.

So i am level 29 , rocking sunbreakers and raid chest , and i brought a exotic helm from xur just incase i need to switch to that.

Ready to level up vanguard and have enough marks to hopefully buy at least 1 piece of new armour.

Bring on dark below :)

squadr0n

Anyone doing the weekly Nightfall on PS4 tonight send me an invite, Squadon on PS4.

Doubt ill be able to stay awake till 4 am tonight but tomorrow will be soo good :)

I'm 29 (2 raid pieces and an exotic) and the regular enemies 2 hit me.

As long as you keep track of waves of Thralls at a distance, it's rather smooth. Eventually the Thrall waves will stop, and Acolytes are easy enough to deal with as there's a lot of cover to utilize. Wizard just needs a few Ice Breaker rounds or a single Ghorn to deal with, but the same advantages to the player apply here as they did with the acolytes.

Kensuke

4. GraveRobberX (30 Everything, Maxed out Everything)
5. Kurt-Niisan

squadr0n

Stupid question, How am I Still Not 30!

I have every piece of armor fully upgraded.

I have the raid Gauntlets and Legs 30 and 30 light
I have the Exotic Voidfang Vestments chest armor 30 light
and I have the Astrolord Hood helmet armor 27 light

If i need a new helmet, where do I get one other than the hardmode raid lol

May the gods of Light smile upon you in your journeys tonight, DestinyGAF.

I'll be watching.

Thanks Luke! Also, go Colts!

Thanks Luke! Do we have to play through some story missions before we can do the Raid? Or is the Raid open right away?

Bungie said that the raid would unlock right away at the reset, no other missions/strikes are required beforehand.

Stupid question, How am I Still Not 30!

I have every piece of armor fully upgraded.

I have the raid Gauntlets and Legs 30 and 30 light
I have the Exotic Voidfang Vestments chest armor 30 light
and I have the Astrolord Hood helmet armor 27 light

If i need a new helmet, where do I get one other than the hardmode raid lol

You either need the hard mode raid helmet or the raid chest (from normal or hard) and an exotic helmet maxed. Of course now with the new content tomorrow you'll be able to buy new vendor helmets that go to 33 light and could get you to Lv30 without even fully maxing them. You'll need a commendation from ranking up the faction first though and (probably) ~120 marks for the helmet itself.

It seems everyone already has groups and are raring to go. Anyone up for the raid on Thursday? I don't care if it's blind or not. I am a maxed warlock

GhaleonEB

So for a couple weeks now I've been doing daily heroic story missions at level 26 to get ascendant materials for my legendary gear (full set of weapons and armor). Other than chance, it's the only guaranteed way to get them without grouping up (raid, weekly strike, nightfall).

I hit level 27 a few days ago and was able to do the level 28 daily heroic story missions without too much difficulty (26 -->28 is pretty rough in many of the missions). That doubled my pace of ascendant materials collection.

When Bungie said they were going to add a level 30 difficulty to the daily heroic story, I thought it would be incremental to the existing tiers, with a greater set of rewards. I fire it up tonight to find level 30 replaced level 28 - and has the same set of rewards. That's out of reach for my level 27 character, so now I'm back to just getting one ascendant material each day, as I'm stuck doing the level 26 instead of the level 28. My grind for ascendant materials just got twice as long to finish leveling the gear. (Last night's raid run helped, but I've a long ways to go yet.)

This really punishes lower level players who can't run the endgame modes with other players often (like me!). It's really demotivating that just when I was able to pick up the pace of leveling my gear, that pace gets knocked back down.

I really hope they add level 28 daily missions back in. :(

So for a couple weeks now I've been doing daily heroic story missions at level 26 to get ascendant materials for my legendary gear (full set of weapons and armor). Other than chance, it's the only guaranteed way to get them without grouping up (raid, weekly strike, nightfall).

I hit level 27 a few days ago and was able to do the level 28 daily heroic story missions without too much difficulty (26 -->28 is pretty rough in many of the missions). That doubled my pace of ascendant materials collection.

When Bungie said they were going to add a level 30 difficulty to the daily heroic story, I thought it would be incremental to the existing tiers, with a greater set of rewards. I fire it up tonight to find level 30 replaced level 28 - and has the same set of rewards. That's out of reach for my level 27 character, so now I'm back to just getting one ascendant material each day, as I'm stuck doing the level 26 instead of the level 28. My grind for ascendant materials just got twice as long to finish leveling the gear. (Last night's raid run helped, but I've a long ways to go yet.)

This really punishes lower level players who can't run the endgame modes with other players often (like me!). It's really demotivating that just when I was able to pick up the pace of leveling my gear, that pace gets knocked back down.

The consolation was supposed to be that now getting to 30 is wayyyy easier

When Bungie said they were going to add a level 30 difficulty to the daily heroic story, I thought it would be incremental to the existing tiers, with a greater set of rewards. I fire it up tonight to find level 30 replaced level 28 - and has the same set of rewards. So now. That's out of reach for my level 27 character, so now I'm back to just getting one ascendant material each day, as I'm stuck doing the level 26 instead of the level 28. My grind for ascendant materials just got twice as long to finish leveling the gear. (Last night's raid run helped, but I've a long ways to go yet.)

Yep, they didn't just make the ladder taller, they removed a rung.

Don't despair. You aren't as far back as you think. Push hard for the new faction gear and the next couple light levels will come quickly. The new dlc essentially makes 30 the new 28. For people in your position it is like 1 step back then 2 steps forward as you get to jump past collecting VoG raid gear, just takes a bit more time.

When Bungie said they were going to add a level 30 difficulty to the daily heroic story, I thought it would be incremental to the existing tiers, with a greater set of rewards. I fire it up tonight to find level 30 replaced level 28 - and has the same set of rewards. So now. That's out of reach for my level 27 character, so now I'm back to just getting one ascendant material each day, as I'm stuck doing the level 26 instead of the level 28. My grind for ascendant materials just got twice as long to finish leveling the gear. (Last night's raid run helped, but I've a long ways to go yet.)

Changes like this and commendations are going to really hurt the newer/stonewalled players, while the exotic "solution" is a sucker punch to anyone who has progressed with exotic weapons/armor. Just like with that, I can't imagine why they felt it was better to just replace the lvl 28 tier than to just add the 30 tier with marginal/temporary gains.

Crota's End Blind Raid (Tuesday at 4am EST) (PS4)

1. Me (Level 30 Hunter) (Lazykarl24)
2. westtrade (Level 30 Titan)
3. DJ Lushious (Level 30 Titan) (DJ_Lushious)
4. Wired All Wrong (Level 30 Hunter) (MrJellyBean)
5. 140.85 (Level 30 Hunter) (androo2300)

Reserves

Need one more person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom