• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Crota raid on PS4. 30 only (sorry). As soon as it launches.

1. Wretched_Walrus (hunter, max weapons)
2. Reserved (titan, max weapons)
3. Reserved (warlock, max weapons)
4. GraveRobberX (30 Everything, Maxed out Everything)
5. Kurt-Niisan

How long are you guys going for? I have 4 hours and some change from reset until I gave to pick up my kids and get them ready for school.

I have level 30 for each class and tons of maxed weapons

Casmith7509 - ps4

squadr0n

You either need the hard mode raid helmet or the raid chest (from normal or hard) and an exotic helmet maxed. Of course now with the new content tomorrow you'll be able to buy new vendor helmets that go to 33 light and could get you to Lv30 without even fully maxing them. You'll need a commendation from ranking up the faction first though and (probably) ~120 marks for the helmet itself.

Thanks, that helps alot!

X-Frame

It seems everyone already has groups and are raring to go. Anyone up for the raid on Thursday? I don't care if it's blind or not. I am a maxed warlock

I'm down. I have a Level 30 of every class, and I have Thursday and Friday off so I'd love to be able to see if I can run it once on each character.

I probably will be getting a peek at the beginning of CE tomorrow with Scarlet's group but we're starting late and have work the next day doubtful we'll finish.

todd360

I need to get some sleep so I can come up with strategies on the fly during the raid. I want to get as far as possible with no raid mechanics spoilers you know. I'm highly confident in my team so I'm sure we will be fine. I'm so excited. I just wish it was coming out Saturday instead. The new raid will be the first thing I touch since my group will be waiting for me to get home from work.

The consolation was supposed to be that now getting to 30 is wayyyy easier

Still. I think its silly that they bumped it all up rather than adding a new level of difficulty and higher tier rewards, even if just 3 ass mats or whatever. I mean, dailies don't even have matchmaking, what's the deal?

At this point there should be:

Daily Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Daily Nightfall (story missions with epic, nightfall, and arc/void/solar burn)
Level 28, 30, 32

Weekly Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Weekly Nightfall
Level 28, 30, 32

border

This really punishes lower level players who can't run the endgame modes with other players often (like me!). It's really demotivating that just when I was able to pick up the pace of leveling my gear, that pace gets knocked back down.

I really hope they add level 28 daily missions back in. :(

Changes like this and commendations are going to really hurt the newer/stonewalled players, while the exotic "solution" is a sucker punch to anyone who has progressed with exotic weapons/armor. Just like with that, I can't imagine why they felt it was better to just replace the lvl 28 tier than to just add the 30 tier with marginal/temporary gains.

I think it's pretty likely that there will be a bunch of new blue gear that pushes people to 28/29. They're not going to let that rough gap from 25-28 continue to exist. Hopefully they will smooth out the leveling curve, rather than having people just rocket from 25 to 32 once they start grinding out the vendor legendary items.

As for the Commendations I still kinda need to see how they work before I form an opinion on them.

First order of business tomorrow I think is to check out the vendors and their new stuff. Might be able to actually buy some as well.

Do we know yet if level up packages come with commendations for certain? If not, that's an awful grind to try and get the new stuff. I also presume it's one commendation per item.

Gordon

Some of the decisions Bungie are making with this game - particularly the level 28 content removal and the apparent abhorrence of continuity, wanting to reset everything, are so delightfully random and seemingly short-sighted. It's funny; it reminds me of how Halo was handled, but with the added frantic scrambling of a newly hatched studio polishing their first release. For some reason I kinda expected them to be a little more composed at this point, but I'm glad they're at least still trying to listen to the community. I just hope they don't tank the franchise Warface style trying to push revenue and force player loyalty. The resetting IB makes me worry about that.

Still. I think its silly that they bumped it all up rather than adding a new level of difficulty and higher tier rewards, even if just 3 ass mats or whatever. I mean, dailies don't even have matchmaking, what's the deal?

Daily Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Level 28, 30, 32

Weekly Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Weekly Nightfall
Level 28, 30, 32

Eh, I could personally do without Daily Nightfall. The prospects of additional rewards per day/week is enticing, but that is a lot of time dedication to work between people.

Kensuke

Crota raid on PS4. Full team!

2. Friend (titan, max weapons)
3. Friend (warlock, max weapons)
5. Kurt-Niisan (30)
6. Quint (30)

My 2 friends haven't confirmed they are coming, so the you guys on reserve have a good chance.

Reserve:
Casmith7509
DJ_Lushious

How long are you guys going for? I have 4 hours and some change from reset until I gave to pick up my kids and get them ready for school.

I have level 30 for each class and tons of maxed weapons

Casmith7509 - ps4

We're going under the assumption that we'll play as long as it takes. We also want to explore every nook and cranny. So I'm not sure we're the right team for you. I'll put you on reserve anyway.

Daily Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Level 28, 30, 32

Weekly Heroic
Level 22, 26, 28, 30

Weekly Nightfall
Level 28, 30, 32

You would think.... But Bungie gonna bungie...

I'm down. I have a Level 30 of every class, and I have Thursday and Friday off so I'd love to be able to see if I can run it once on each character.

I probably will be getting a peek at the beginning of CE tomorrow with Scarlet's group but we're starting late and have work the next day doubtful we'll finish.

Okay sweet. Your experience should help. I'm not a big fan of bashing my head against a level for hours on end.

So... Call for (non-blind) CE Raid Thursday. Say around 6pm GMT?

1. Me - 30 sunlock
2. X-frame - random 30

X-frame, mind keeping an eye on this list? I need to get to bed soon and I KNOW this thread will be drowning come morning

Edit: too many X-frames on PSN it seems. Add me, my name is same as here

Lima

What are some good Twitch channels to check out for a stream of the new raid later tonight?

Definitely Datto.

Also the gunslinger's are worth a look. Just please don't watch Streamerhouse. They are garbage.

Time to hit the hay. Gotta get dat 4 hours of sleep.

I hope they aren't! Now I'd REALLY be happy if they were retroactive.

As would I, though that probably would defeat the goals that Bungie has been seemingly set on. As of this moment, they along with the Exotics seem to just be unnecessary and desperate attempts to slow down players who fare well both in available time and RNG, while throwing up several feet more on a wall that's already difficult to climb for the rest.

If only those things were asked more in the PSX interviews to where some clarifications could be properly communicated to both parties.
Anyone willing to help me out with Xyor? I am at Phogoth. PS4 Bloodsent.

What are your weapons and go-to weapons? In case it takes a while, Xyor is actually pretty simple to kill solo.

Just use the Nightfall strategies. At the locked door, utilize the stairwell you came from to funnel and put distance on enemies. Retreat up and use solar rockets to deal with the heroic wizards.

When you reach Phogoth's lair, shoot from enemies at the door and retreat just past the entry way to the back room when the top-of-doom spawns. Once it and the wave of knights/wizards despawn, reenter the room to deal with whatever you can from the door way until the things spawn again. Rinse and Repeat. Just be sure to break Phogoth's chain.

Eventually, Xyor will spawn to where you can great him with rockets to the face.

Ridli

I am so not looking forward to the commendation token.... stuff... and I really disliked the change to the daily heroic being put to 30 in order to get 2 mats. 18 energies are hard to come by with RNG if you are not a regular raider. But I do want to get my hands on the Murmur fusion rifle. Elemental variety is so good. Work tomorrow is going to be excruciating.

By the by, I ended getting a 77 Wizard with armor piercing, and man that makes the overcharge bounty *almost* as easy as with a Pocket Infinity.

Lima

My friend just hit 26 and sent me a text and asked if we can help him with VoG in like 3 hours. Lolol ain't nobody got time for that son.

As would I, though that probably would defeat the goals that Bungie has been seemingly set on. As of this moment, they along with the Exotics seem to just be unnecessary and desperate attempts to slow down players who fare well both in available time and RNG, while throwing up several feet more on a wall that's already difficult to climb for the rest.

If only those things were asked more in the PSX interviews to where some clarifications could be properly communicated to both parties, rather than the same old and generic questions that read off like a PR pamphlet.

I would agree with that. A guy can dream, though!

What's the fastest way to farm Vanguard rep?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Definitely Datto.

Also the gunslinger's are worth a look. Just please don't watch Streamerhouse. They are garbage.

Time to hit the hay. Gotta get dat 4 hours of sleep.

Datto said he's not streaming their first run.

Since he won't be streaming tonight, I would check out KingGothalion.

blackflag

Crota raid on PS4. Full team!

2. Friend (titan, max weapons)
3. Friend (warlock, max weapons)
5. Kurt-Niisan (30)
6. Quint (30)

My 2 friends haven't confirmed they are coming, so the you guys on reserve have a good chance.

Reserve:
Casmith7509
DJ_Lushious

We're going under the assumption that we'll play as long as it takes. We also want to explore every nook and cranny. So I'm not sure we're the right team for you. I'll put you on reserve anyway.

Cool man that's what I figured

Eh, I could personally do without Daily Nightfall. The prospects of additional rewards per day/week is enticing, but that is a lot of time dedication to work between people.

Coming from Halo, which had a ton of customizability via skulls etc which greatly added to the overall replayability of the sandbox, i would love for there to be more options to replay story missions with new modifiers. It upsets me that there's nothing other than the daily story for this. I mean, at least strikes have playlists... it doesn't have to be crazy reward or anything, hell it could even be the highest difficulty for the heroic story. but as of right now, it is impossible to play those missions on epic or higher difficulties, only strikes

Patrol missions mixed with Bounties.
Coming from Halo, which had a ton of customizability via skulls etc which greatly added to the overall replayability of the sandbox, i would love for there to be more options to replay story missions with new modifiers. It upsets me that there's nothing other than the daily story for this. I mean, at least strikes have playlists... it doesn't have to be crazy reward or anything, hell it could even be the highest difficulty for the heroic story. but as of right now, it is impossible to play those missions on epic or higher difficulties, only strikes

I just wish that the missions themselves were worthwhile to replay outside of bounties. I agree though that it would be nice if that we had skull options that we could set, maybe in a fire-team during missions/strikes rather than a set mode or even as that high difficulty.

The only reason I don't like having Nightfall as an additional weekly activity is that it would just be another cycle of play that would have to be organized for and necessary to play likely in order to decently advance in the game. Right now; 3 Raids (Soon 4), Daily Heroic, Weekly Heroic, Weekly Nightfall Strike, Bounties, and mark caps are well more than enough to keep the majority of players busy and to the grindstone.

Ridli

Patrol missions - prioritizing VIP and kill. Particularly if you can setup a fire team with multiple players spread out across an entire zone. So that as soon as one mission is finished another can be picked up.

Nightfall buff strongly recommended.

Ridli

By the way, is it safe to finish exotic bounties yet? There was a Deej mention of them being bumped to 302+ when completing after TDB, but I haven't paid much attention the last few days.

Patrol missions - prioritizing VIP and kill. Particularly if you can setup a fire team with multiple players spread out across an entire zone. So that as soon as one mission is finished another can be picked up.

Nightfall buff strongly recommended.

Got it, thanks.

Finally got the Pocket Infinity bounty!

GhaleonEB

Changes like this and commendations are going to really hurt the newer/stonewalled players, while the exotic "solution" is a sucker punch to anyone who has progressed with exotic weapons/armor. Just like with that, I can't imagine why they felt it was better to just replace the lvl 28 tier than to just add the 30 tier with marginal/temporary gains.
Yeah, I'm really not understanding this.
I think it's pretty likely that there will be a bunch of new blue gear that pushes people to 28/29. They're not going to let that rough gap from 25-28 continue to exist. Hopefully they will smooth out the leveling curve, rather than having people just rocket from 25 to 32 once they start grinding out the vendor legendary items.

As for the Commendations I still kinda need to see how they work before I form an opinion on them.
I wish this to be the case, but Bungie hasn't said they are going to address it. They haven't said anything about the 25-28 gap that I know of. And yanking the level 28 daily missions actually makes the gap larger, not smaller.

Just getting back in destiny and have been reading quite a bit on the recent exotic changes and what the new xpac will do to them. However one thing that i was not clear on - Does Xur take weapon exotics only to upgrade their attack stat or does he also take armour exotics and upgrade their base defence value as well?

Just getting back in destiny and have been reading quite a bit on the recent exotic changes and what the new xpac will do to them. However one thing that i was not clear on - Does Xur take weapon exotics only to upgrade their attack stat or does he also take armour exotics and upgrade their base defence value as well?

Armour too.

Lima

Armor as well. Defense, light and intellect/discipline/strength will be boosted in the process.

Dante316

One more spot left for 9AM EST blind CE raid tomorrow morning

1. Dante316 (Dante316)
2. Friend
3. Church RvB (Subtervotion)
4. Yukianesa
5. Robdraggoo (robdraggoo)
6. Darryl_M_R

Reserve:
1. DJ Lushious (DJ_Lushious)

JambiBum

Some will claim that there is, turning in a whole bunch at a time. But it's random. I've gotten them by turning in five in rapid succession, and I've gotten them by just turning in one.

My friend said this as well. That he usually has better luck turning in at least 6 at once. I have turned in that and more plenty of times and have yet to receive one. Yay for RNG.

Also for the dailies being 30 now thing, they should have just kept 28 with +2 ass mats and then made 30 have +3 or 4. The only thing keeping me from being a 30 is the fact that I can't get shards to save my life. I only get energy.

One more spot left for 9AM EST blind CE raid tomorrow morning

1. Dante316 (Dante316)
2. Friend
3. Church RvB (Subtervotion)
4. Yukianesa
5. Robdraggoo (robdraggoo)
6. OPEN

Reserve:
1. DJ Lushious (DJ_Lushious)

I'm down PSN: Darryl_M_R level 30 hunter (I have VOC, IB, raid machine gun, FB, Vex, etc).

I have 3 characters I'm trying to knock this out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom