• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Yeah, I'm really not understanding this.

I wish this to be the case, but Bungie hasn't said they are going to address it. They haven't said anything about the 25-28 gap that I know of.

I wouldn't imagine that "Brand New Rare Items!" are very high on their list of PR talking points. It'd be relatively simply to just shave a few perks off the old Legendaries and turn 'em blue.....or just add more Light to old Blue Items. We shall see.

In the meantime you can make up the deficit somewhat by killing the Devil Walker out in The Divide once a day. The daily reward for Public Events should be fixed in Dark Below.

PSN PikaPuff

4am eastern is right at launch correct?

30 titan/warlock

Gah, I should have saw this earlier >.<. Group is full. I'll put you on the reserve list

Crota's End Blind Raid (Tuesday at 4am EST) (PS4)

1. Me (Level 30 Hunter) (Lazykarl24)
2. westtrade (Level 30 Titan)
3. DJ Lushious (Level 30 Titan) (DJ_Lushious)
4. Wired All Wrong (Level 30 Hunter) (MrJellyBean)
5. 140.85 (Level 30 Hunter) (androo2300)
6. xVaalbarAx (Level 30 Warlock) (xVaalbarAx)

Reserves
1. Owlowiscious (Level 30 Titan/Warlock) (PikaPuff)

Aw man, they bumped up the highest level of the Daily stories to 30? I'm still barely a level 28. Why not just add a level 30 instead of replacing an existing level?

Lima

Holla Destiny gaf?

hola-senior-halo-hola-demotivational-poster-1259249502.jpg

I wouldn't imagine that "Brand New Rare Items!" are very high on their list of PR talking points. It'd be relatively simply to just shave a few perks off the old Legendaries and turn 'em blue.....or just add more Light to old Blue Items. We shall see.

In the meantime you can make up the deficit somewhat by killing the Devil Walker out in The Divide once a day. The daily reward for Public Events should be fixed in Dark Below.

I think they expect people to get a commendation and get the new higher light level legendaries. Honestly, I think this gap will progress at the same rate or faster.

Patrol missions mixed with Bounties.

I just wish that the missions themselves were worthwhile to replay outside of bounties. I agree though that it would be nice if that we had skull options that we could set, maybe in a fire-team during missions/strikes rather than a set mode or even as that high difficulty.

The only reason I don't like having Nightfall as an additional weekly activity is that it would just be another cycle of play that would have to be organized for and necessary to play likely in order to decently advance in the game. Right now; 3 Raids (Soon 4), Daily Heroic, Weekly Heroic, Weekly Nightfall Strike, Bounties, and mark caps are well more than enough to keep the majority of players busy and to the grindstone.

See i disagree with this. i think there could be a lot more variety of things to do. you don't HAVE to complete every daily, etc.

Lima

And just like that I found out that a new Angels & Airwaves album releases today. Looks like I found my Crota's End soundtrack. Good times.

I have yet to receive an exotic bounty and I'm a 28. Is there a trick to receiving them?

Hold on to your bounties as you complete them. Once you have most/all of them done, turn them in rapidly. That method seems to give you higher odds with whatever system is behind it. It's no guarantee, however.

I'm not sure if players are still offered a choice between 3 exotic bounties (I was only offered Thorn yesterday for instance. This could have been due to having Invective and Bad Juju bounties already in my inventory), but some are far more achievable and better than others.

Easiest to hardest IMO:

1. Super Good Advice (A Voice in the Wilderness)
2. Invective (A Dubious Task)
3. Bad Juju (Toland's Legacy)
4. Pocket Infinity (Shattered Memory Fragment)
5. Fate of All Fools (An Unknown Patron)
6. Thorn (A Light in the Dark)

Best to meh (Again, IMO)

1. Thorn
2. Pocket Infinity
3. Invective
4. Bad Juju
5. Super Good Advice
(Fate of All Fools I have no experience with yet to say)
See i disagree with this. i think there could be a lot more variety of things to do. you don't HAVE to complete every daily, etc.

Right now, it feels like so. With Bungie's behavior towards progression as of late, I'm sure things will be balanced to where it would be so as well. Might seem like a foolish fear to you, but all of their actions (including today's update) indicate that they aren't going to offer anything in addition to players without equal or greater buffers.

CLBridges

I think I'm gonna go ahead and be awake as soon as the DLC is available, looks like I missed a couple groups with the same mindset though :/

Anyone else want to form a group for CE raid? Just trying to gauge interest at this point. Quote if you want in.

1. GhostFaceDon
2. Reserved
3. the_log_ride
4. the_log_ride friend

Ridli

VIP missions? Those are just the Patrol missions I'm assuming?

VIP is when you have to kill one specific enemy. Like the Servitor or Vandall in the little room off from the Divide. These mission reward 25 rep (before NF bonus).

Edit: Yes, this is a specific patrol mission.

VIP is when you have to kill one specific enemy. Like the Servitor or Vandall in the little room off from the Divide. These mission reward 25 rep (before NF bonus).

Edit: Yes, this is a specific patrol mission.

Ah, so you pick it up like a regular patrol?

I think I'm gonna go ahead and be awake as soon as the DLC is available, looks like I missed a couple groups with the same mindset though :/

Anyone else want to form a group for CE raid? Just trying to gauge interest at this point. Quote if you want in.

1. GhostFaceDon
2. Reserved

A buddy of mine and I are interested.

border

Those are the Patrol missions where you have to go kill a particular monster. They reward 25 reputation rather than 10.

I personally think just doing Vanguard bounties is a much better way of building rep though.

Yes. They are the bordered star symbol. Kill missions are open ghosts.

Other patrol missions:

Triangle- Kill-to-collect.
Closed Ghost- Scan mission.
Clock- Survey mission.

These last three don't have quite the pay-out.

Coconut

Banned
I'D REALLY LIKE ONE LAST RUN AT VoG HARD BEFORE EVERYONE MOVES ON . Any takers I need 5
PSN
1.Krugerrandman

2.MusiqueDJ

Frenden

Banned
I have stacked bounty slots on three characters with all near a rank up and more than 60 engrams to level the cryptarch with. Come at me, TDBro.

Sergoes

Not sure if anyone's posted this already, but with the Xur upgrades, is the Mythoclast getting another buff to its attack or is everything just getting in line with what the Mythoclast was post-buff?

Lima

Ah my American friends... text I just got.

I'm probably gonna fail my finals unless some questions are based on The Dark Below.

user222437_pic71923_15lchn.png

Let's fucking go son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom