• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do my Magnetic/Fusion grenades attach themselves to pricks on my screen, then fall off as soon as I lose sight of them? I can understand if they fall off the legs, but I'm hitting these dudes in the head and torso. Give me a break, Bungie. I just need to hit Rank 3 on Crucible so I grab this fucking 77Wizard. Just let me have that so I can go to bed sane.

I'm using the Wiz right now for my Thorn bounty. Fun to use but you pay dearly if you miss on your first shot.

Strider

I wasn't gonna stay up for the release but I accidentally fell asleep at 8 and woke up at 10. Naps that late in the day are never good :/ just might be awake come 4 eastern

Is anyone having better rolls when it comes to the cryptarch engram? i'm lucky today or the cryptarch engrams are giving better drops for the daily and weeky.

Xamdou

Pretty much. You essentially get double rolls in Hard VoG.

Just do hard mode. No need for easy mode when you hit a certain level.

I swear I've been getting good stuff since I quit doing normal mode.

Makes sense, my latest VOG on hard mode after beating Atheon gave me Vex, Plan C, Praedyth sniper and the raid legendary ship. It was my best raid loot ever and the reason for it was not doing normal mode first.

Future

Guys, guys!!! I start to panic!!! So how do I know for sure that I'm gonna get the Dark Below as soon as it's release tomorrow? I just double checked my receipts and I indeed purchased the Digital Guardian edition of the game. It already includes the DLCs right? Why the heck did I not receive the DLC speeder? And nowhere in the game I can find anything that says I will have the DLC… Am I screwed? D:

Make sure you check that you downloaded the key. I bought it digital with the season pass and didnt get the tumbler when it was released. Looked it up and I actually had to go to add ons on ps4 and trigger the key download for free (since I already purchased it). Then I got my tumbler from the post dude

Anybody that hits 31 or 32 wanna try Flawless Raider once we all get to those levels? I'm assuming it will make the VoG normal mode even easier (even though it's probably not needed).

Really hoping to get this trophy at some point during my existence, haha. I'd like to set up a weekend raid or something with some GAFfers.

PSN - djblackice

Was doing great in crucible til the last couple games that were the laggiest shit I've ever played. Red connection bars for everyone. Guess I'll call it a night.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man the matchmaking in this game is dumb at times. Oh hey 9 ppl better start 4 vs 5 right? Nah 6 vs 3. Dat triple post mortem grenade though lol

Haha I think some of the people in here need to temper their expectations.

It took 10 hours for the first group to beat VoG.

I think people are a bit more savvy now. Don't think any of us will knock it out in less than 4 though

Plus a lot of people are gonna be overlevelled with great weapons compared to when VoG came out.

hydruxo

Haha I think some of the people in here need to temper their expectations.

It took 10 hours for the first group to beat VoG.

Yeah but back then people didn't have a stockpile of maxed out exotics and raid weapons like we have now. Makes it more manageable. People who've run VoG a bunch of times are also more familiar with the types of mechanics they can throw at us. Whoever gets world first will probably be way quicker than it took to beat VoG when it came out. I'd say 5 hours or so, maybe quicker. Hard to say yet though until we see if it's as confusing as VoG was initially.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Man the matchmaking in this game is dumb at times. Oh hey 9 ppl better start 4 vs 5 right? Nah 6 vs 3. Dat triple post mortem grenade though lol

It works both ways. I had some times where it would put me in a match with a minute left on a winning team.

Strider

Yeah but back then people didn't have a stockpile of maxed out exotics and raid weapons like we have now. Makes it more manageable. People who've run VoG a bunch of times are also more familiar with the types of mechanics they can throw at us. Whoever gets world first will probably be way quicker than it took to beat VoG when it came out. I'd say 5 hours or so, maybe quicker. Hard to say yet though until we see if it's as confusing as VoG was initially.

Yep. This. The gear and equipment we took into VoG for the first time doesn't even come close in comparison to the IceBreakers/Gjallarhorns/Fatebringers, etc that a lot of people have now. I took an unleveled Monte Carlo in the VoG for the first time for example lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
really depends. 4 hours of the original was the gorgon maze and it didn't matter what weapons they had :p

Guys, guys!!! I start to panic!!! So how do I know for sure that I'm gonna get the Dark Below as soon as it's release tomorrow? I just double checked my receipts and I indeed purchased the Digital Guardian edition of the game. It already includes the DLCs right? Why the heck did I not receive the DLC speeder? And nowhere in the game I can find anything that says I will have the DLC… Am I screwed? D:

I bought the DLC a couple of days ago and I don't have the sparrow either. You might wanna try going into the playstation store on the PS4 and find the Dark Below. If you clock on it there should be a timer. Mine says 3hrs. That means it's preloaded and ready to go

I think people are a bit more savvy now. Don't think any of us will knock it out in less than 4 though

Plus a lot of people are gonna be overlevelled with great weapons compared to when VoG came out.

I think it will take more than 4 hours if it's anything like VoG. Something like the atheon battle takes lots of practice. Even when everyone knew what they were supposed to do, VoG was taking around 4 hours at first

Still a good number of X1 raids going on.
This was from way earlier in the day so forgive me:

No, not on this forum there isn't. Just yesterday I was trying to get a group together for flawless raider. DestinyGAF was completely useless. I posted laying out what we are doing and how many we needed. I updated that post a bit after. I even reposted for a new page. Nothing. Not even acknoleged here, while at the same time 2 PS4 raids filled to completion.

Don't use the excuse that you can rely of GAF or any community for that matter as a means to dismiss the prospect of raid matchmaking when you are only seeing it from the perpective of the most populated and active (preferred) platform. This community on GAF is a PS4 community with a few Xbox one lurkers and occasional posters. If I want to quickly fill out my raid group, I'll take a couple randoms picked by a decent matchmaking system in a heartbeat if it means I don't have to screw around for an hour or more trying to find the exact same thing on forums and lfg sites.

If you don't want to use matchmaking, cool, don't do it. It doesn't affect you. Bungie is afraid players will have a bad experience with randoms while we are already having bad experiences with randoms (that are harder to find), or no experience at all. Play the way we intend you to play, sure.

vakarian32

Is there any point to continue upgrading my iron banner gloves and boots? Im really close to level 30, or should i just save my shards for the new expansion gear? I havent played destiny much for the past couple of weeks so I'm a bit out of the loop.

really depends. 4 hours of the original was the gorgon maze and it didn't matter what weapons they had :p

Exactly. Plus figuring out what to do with the relic, how to beat the templar, actually figuring out where to go, etc.

Obviously we have no idea how this new raid is going to compare in difficulty, but I hope it's extra hard. I want to get my money's worth.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Not sure what weapons to take into the new raid. Will probably start with Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, and Corrective Measure combo (Arc, Solar, Void).

Lima

How do you know there are no new trophies?

BTW, I wonder if you can get the Flawless trophy in the CE raid?

How do I know? It's not even 3 hours until the DLC unlocks. They would have been uploaded to the PSN/MS servers already and would show up when looking at achievements/trophies. Sure we had cases where stuff like that was late but at least then we knew the dev planned to add them. Bungie has said nothing about trophies.

Pizza is almost here. Crota is almost here. Hype levels intensifying.... hnngngghhhhh....

what time will the expansion unlock?

4 am EST, just under 3 hours from now.

Not sure what weapons to take into the new raid. Will probably start with Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, and Corrective Measure combo (Arc, Solar, Void).

Yeah I'm going to bring a ton of stuff, basically anything that might conceivably be valuable. Probably won't need any void element but who knows!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This was from way earlier in the day so forgive me:

No, not on this forum there isn't. Just yesterday I was trying to get a group together for flawless raider. DestinyGAF was completely useless. I posted laying out what we are doing and how many we needed. I updated that post a bit after. I even reposted for a new page. Nothing. Not even acknoleged here, while at the same time 2 PS4 raids filled to completion.

Don't use the excuse that you can rely of GAF or any community for that matter as a means to dismiss the prospect of raid matchmaking when you are only seeing it from the perpective of the most populated and active (preferred) platform. This community on GAF is a PS4 community with a few Xbox one lurkers and occasional posters. If I want to quickly fill out my raid group, I'll take a couple randoms picked by a decent matchmaking system in a heartbeat if it means I don't have to screw around for an hour or more trying to find the exact same thing on forums and lfg sites.

If you don't want to use matchmaking, cool, don't do it. It doesn't affect you. Bungie is afraid players will have a bad experience with randoms while we are already having bad experiences with randoms (that are harder to find), or no experience at all. Play the way we intend you to play, sure.

I agree with you even as a PS4 player. The folks still posting in Destiny-GAF threads are the hardest of hardcore who wake up Tuesday morning and run 3 Raids and 3 Nightfalls. I feel like unless I run weeklies on Tuesday, the pool of people I'm able to get help from goes down dramatically. That's really no one's problem but my own, I'm not upset about it, but I definitely do think this game needs matchmaking in the weekly and dailies at least.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I bought the DLC a couple of days ago and I don't have the sparrow either. You might wanna try going into the playstation store on the PS4 and find the Dark Below. If you clock on it there should be a timer. Mine says 3hrs. That means it's preloaded and ready to go
If you buy the DLC you SHOULD get the sparrow.

In bring them all!

Primary:
Suros,vex, fb, vision

Secondary:
Solar final boss
Plan c
P&t
Found verdict (could be good)

Heavy:
Hv, truth, cm

Although I'm not sure what class to play. Hunter or titan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom