• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we just tried a few hours of Hard Raid. Got to Atheon but folks had to duck out since it is getting late. Not sure if I will try it again until I'm a higher level. I had fun and everyone kept it together, but it doesn't feel like an especially productive use of time. I suppose more experienced folks get through it easier, but it is definitely deserving of the Hard name.

So we couldn't finish it :/ we had some east coasters and I know it gets draining. We made pretty good progress though. I got nothing of value 12 shards and 12 energy, still fun though.

So we couldn't finish it :/ we had some east coasters and I know it gets draining. We made pretty good progress though. I got nothing of value 12 shards and 12 energy, still fun though.

Got shards and my 5th Found Verdict. Guess it's good for Energy. Too bad we couldn't finish before reset. Maybe another time.

xJavonta

Banned
Debating buying this expansion. Haven't played much Destiny since it released. I have it on PS4

Will I get some sort if level boost from playing it? I swear I've read on here that new players get some sort of incentive

Debating buying this expansion. Haven't played much Destiny since it released. I have it on PS4

Will I get some sort if level boost from playing it? I swear I've read on here that new players get some sort of incentive

No boost directly, but leveling should be a bit faster with higher Light gear from vendors.

M3Rocket

down for some crucible if I can bring my titan whom I still suck with a bit.

I am trying to do the PvP portion of the Thorn on my Warlock but I suck at PvP. Only at 47 out of 500. But I can follow directions and work with a team if you guys will tolerate me for a few matches. I hope to get this done before the DLC. (PS4: m3rocket)

deoee

are you on ps4? there's a weekly run on thursdays

edit: in orbit

Yes i'm on PS4 and "stuck" on lvl 28 forever now :D

Tbh I stopped playing ~1,5 months ago due lack of content.
Maybe I'll give it a try this week.
If anyones interested feel free to add me for stuff: deoee0

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

not a boost exactly but short answer here is actually yes. it's always easier to "catch up" if you look at it as starting from 20 when the vendor gear is boosted, regardless of your starting level. it'll be about as tough for you to hit 30 as it was for vets to hit 28... 30 being fine for the new raid normal mode and VoG Hard.

of course, you could skip this dlc and tier entirely and wait for the other one if you want.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, I know... :D
It's dumb but I want to change that now :D

I was kind of turned off by those events like the Queen and Iron Banner which were plain grinding for not that great items :D
I feel sorry for you because the second iron banner rocked :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
looks like it's kinda gonna be the same thing, the iron banner on the 16th won't have "best-in-slot" gear, but I imagine the second one will have two pieces of raid-tier light gear. Still, there will be like a jillion ways to hit 30 by the end of the month.

Let me get this straight. New shop gear goes to 31 but raid will have 32 gear?

It appears that way. Probably 3 raid and 1 exotic or full raid to get 32. It is not yet known what the Normal CE raid loot table is. Presumably it doesn't drop a helm like VoG, but it could potentially be another piece.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It appears that way. Probably 3 raid and 1 exotic or full raid to get 32. It is not yet known what the Normal CE raid loot table is. Presumably it doesn't drop a helm like VoG, but it could potentially be another piece.

I'm just wondering if it's even worth getting the shop gear and put shards, etc, into them if we're going to get raid gear that willl get us to 32. Unless of course the raid gear to 32 is exclusive only for hard raid which apparently isn't out until next year.
I have bounties, engrams, ranking packages, etc, all ready to go. T minus 40 minutes.

Crota's End Blind Raid (Tuesday at 4am EST) (PS4)

1. Me (Level 30 Hunter) (Lazykarl24)
2. westtrade (Level 30 Titan)
3. DJ Lushious (Level 30 Titan) (DJ_Lushious)
4. Wired All Wrong (Level 30 Hunter) (MrJellyBean)
5. 140.85 (Level 30 Hunter) (androo2300)
6. xVaalbarAx (Level 30 Warlock) (xVaalbarAx)

Reserves
1. Owlowiscious (Level 30 Titan/Warlock) (PikaPuff)

Might have two spots open, so Owl, I'll probably send you an invite just in case. If there's anyone else who's ready to face Crota in 40 mins, post your PSN and I'll send you an invite

Lima

I'm just wondering if it's even worth getting the shop gear and put shards, etc, into them if we're going to get raid gear that willl get us to 32. Unless of course the raid gear to 32 is exclusive only for hard raid which apparently isn't out until next year.
I have bounties, engrams, ranking packages, etc, all ready to go. T minus 40 minutes.

If you are level 30 right now probably not no. Focus on re leveling the exotic piece and then go for raid gear. I won't go for the new vendor gear.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you are level 30 right now probably not no. Focus on re leveling the exotic piece and then go for raid gear. I won't go for the new vendor gear.

Yeah I have one 30 Titan and level 28 Hunter. Hunter has exotic helmet, one vanilla raid gear and two legendaries. Maybe for this character I will buy two pieces of stuff to get em to a higher level, at least so I can run events with.

Does anyone know if they're reseting the crucible and vanguard levels?

I'm about 100 points off levelling up the crucible guy again but have bounties waiting to hand in to see me level up. Should I level up now or wait?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B4ZnrAdCUAALEew.jpg:large
miss you zoba :3

Steroyd

Does anyone know if they're reseting the crucible and vanguard levels?

I'm about 100 points off levelling up the crucible guy again but have bounties waiting to hand in to see me level up. Should I level up now or wait?

Wait.

You get a commendation for levelling up, which allows you to buy the new gear that gets you to level 31.

It's only half an hour away anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom