• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergoes

Well I said I was done with Destiny after finishing VoG, hitting 30, and getting all but the clan/flawless raider trophies, but I just bought the DLC and am back. I wonder how the sale numbers for this DLC are going to be.

The Destiny itch is real.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This was from way earlier in the day so forgive me:

No, not on this forum there isn't. Just yesterday I was trying to get a group together for flawless raider. DestinyGAF was completely useless. I posted laying out what we are doing and how many we needed. I updated that post a bit after. I even reposted for a new page. Nothing. Not even acknoleged here, while at the same time 2 PS4 raids filled to completion.

Don't use the excuse that you can rely of GAF or any community for that matter as a means to dismiss the prospect of raid matchmaking when you are only seeing it from the perpective of the most populated and active (preferred) platform. This community on GAF is a PS4 community with a few Xbox one lurkers and occasional posters. If I want to quickly fill out my raid group, I'll take a couple randoms picked by a decent matchmaking system in a heartbeat if it means I don't have to screw around for an hour or more trying to find the exact same thing on forums and lfg sites.

If you don't want to use matchmaking, cool, don't do it. It doesn't affect you. Bungie is afraid players will have a bad experience with randoms while we are already having bad experiences with randoms (that are harder to find), or no experience at all. Play the way we intend you to play, sure.
You don't want matchmaking; you want a group listing board/lfg tool. This isn't about what platform you're on (though obviously PS4 is the most popular) but the concept that you needed to put a group together specifically for a purpose that all participants understand upon joining.

You must be aware that the idea that matchmaking would have helped you establish a flawless run effectively sounds a little ridiculous. Would there be a specific queue for flawless raids? Would you tell every random matchmade member you were doing a flawless run as soon as they joined, letting them leave and get replaced over and over until you found people willing to try?

I keep hearing "if you don't like matchmaking or want to use it, it doesn't affect you, why would you not want the option?" like it's a silver bullet that makes matchmaking a good idea. But even though I'd never take advantage of matchmaking personally I still care enough to not want it added for the raid, because it would be bad for the game.

You need a method by which to post in-game, "Looking for 3, Flawless Attempts, Be experienced" or what have you, and have everyone on your platform be able to see that message and decide to join, or not. This will dramatically improve the rate of successful pick-up groups as well as reduce the likelihood of "frustrating silent random pug syndrome" scenarios.

I agree with you even as a PS4 player. The folks still posting in Destiny-GAF threads are the hardest of hardcore who wake up Tuesday morning and run 3 Raids and 3 Nightfalls. I feel like unless I run weeklies on Tuesday, the pool of people I'm able to get help from goes down dramatically. That's really no one's problem but my own, I'm not upset about it, but I definitely do think this game needs matchmaking in the weekly and dailies at least.
Yeah, I def don't wake up at 4am to do 3xhard raids, weeklies or nightfalls...I am already awake since I am a night person, so it fits in with my sleeping habits. Plus awake now cause.. Nerdy things..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's frustrating silent pug syndrome, hawkian?
I join a Tiger Strike, the two others are sitting still/running around killing the starting mobs instead of advancing the strike/hiding in a corner once we get to the first encounter to stay alive but not contributing.

Because it's possible to do so, during these situations I just solo the strike and move on with my day. But that's not an option for Raids. And by the way, in the Nightfall this could result in a situation where you're dead but the PUG isn't coming to rescue you so you're not progressing or wiping and you just have to go to orbit...

edit: I know some people in here have said they just go to Orbit and start the playlist again when they run into this situation and I can totally understand that reaction.

edit again: oh, pug stands for "pick up group," people use "pug" colloquially to refer the members of such a group.

kidko

What's frustrating silent pug syndrome, hawkian?

hXUlBlr.jpg

hee oops

Hopefully we get an |OT12| Reset back to OT1.

2.5 hours. Might need a raid group tomorrow since I have to do this thing 3 times and I don't think any of my friends are that excited about the raid. It's the only thing I'm excited for. This is as ready as I'll ever be:

ZyTJBH4oshQAhsfX-LH6NYmPmrhSIgXB5SPSUa1AAv2S2vMn7gM6hdjNkSarF7BEV-rz8_xRp2M=w2560-h1194

I join a Tiger Strike, the two others are sitting still/running around killing the starting mobs instead of advancing the strike/hiding in a corner once we get to the first encounter to stay alive but not contributing.

Because it's possible to do so, during these situations I just solo the strike and move on with my day. But that's not an option for Raids. And by the way, in the Nightfall this could result in a situation where you're dead but the PUG isn't coming to rescue you so you're not progressing or wiping and you just have to go to orbit...

edit: I know some people in here have said they just go to Orbit and start the playlist again when they run into this situation and I can totally understand that reaction.

edit again: oh, pug stands for "pick up group," people use "pug" colloquially to refer the members of such a group.

Got ya, that's happened to me quite a bit. Never heard that phrse before.

And I agree, match making on the games hardest content would raise more problems then it would fix

Pizza is almost here. Crota is almost here. Hype levels intensifying.... hnngngghhhhh....

4 am EST, just under 3 hours from now.

Yeah I'm going to bring a ton of stuff, basically anything that might conceivably be valuable. Probably won't need any void element but who knows!

Hype levels at monsterous, super hype is active.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got ya, that's happened to me quite a bit. Never heard that phrse before.

And I agree, match making on the games hardest content would raise more problems then it would fix
oh, I just made it up :p (not pug, I mean, the syndrome)

Are the servers ok now? looks like I'm staying up and I wouldn't mind putting some work into my titan's current armor so he can buy new vendor boots and hit 30 like today yo.

Yeah, I def don't wake up at 4am to do 3xhard raids, weeklies or nightfalls...I am already awake since I am a night person, so it fits in with my sleeping habits. Plus awake now cause.. Nerdy things..

I live in Belgium so 4am is actually 10am and tuesdays are days off for me so LOL destiny all day on tuesday usually.

CLBridges

Alright, looks like we now have a full group for 1am pst CE raid:

1. GhostFaceDon
2. Reserved
3. the_log_ride
4. the_log_ride friend
5. Siphorus
6. Siphorus friend

I'm hoping everyone is able to make it, but no pressure, stuff can happen. I'll be sending out invites as soon as DLC goes live, or maybe a few minutes after for preparation etc.

1. GhostFaceDon
2. Reserved
3. the_log_ride
4. the_log_ride friend
5. Siphorus
6. Siphorus friend

I'm hoping everyone is able to make it, but no pressure, stuff can happen. I'll be sending out invites as soon as DLC goes live, or maybe a few minutes after for preparation etc.

If I wake up from my nap, i'll be down! Count me in as Backup #1

CLBridges

1. GhostFaceDon
2. Reserved
3. the_log_ride
4. the_log_ride friend
5. Siphorus
6. Siphorus friend

alt. 1- xplicitone

If I wake up from my nap, i'll be down! Count me in as Backup #1

I'll def. add you as backup, thanks!

Hype levels at monsterous, super hype is active.

Your stoned Santa Yoshi is amazing btw.

Are the servers ok now? looks like I'm staying up and I wouldn't mind putting some work into my titan's current armor so he can buy new vendor boots and hit 30 like today yo.

2 hours to kill...

should i grind on my warlock, or...

Anybody want to do a little Crucible until reset?

Dissapiinted I didn't raise my Titan's crucible rank to within level up range, but hopefully a piece of raid armour drops to nullify that.

We could do a little Crucible now...

Steroyd

My chars are reggie!

Dissapiinted I didn't raise my Titan's crucible rank to within level up range, but hopefully a piece of raid armour drops to nullify that.

Decided to go Fatebringer, Praetorians Foil and Gjallarhorn can't imagine void being a thing, but I can imagine those damn wizards swerving all over the place.

Jito

Banned
Damn, just finished playing public events for over an hour and received no rewards from the postmaster. Hope the rewards bug is fixed when DB is released.

Damn, just finished playing public events for over an hour and received no rewards from the postmaster. Hope the rewards bug is fixed when DB is released.

Yeah, supposedly that public event package bug is expected to "auto correct" once the expansion hits. There was some issue with the update that was preparing with TDB but bugged out the packages.

so is the raid also open in 2h?
any eu gaf group doing it?

no work today for me, so i i have time.

Yes, Crota's End will be open for business in 1 hr 45 min.

Well, we just tried a few hours of Hard Raid. Got to Atheon but folks had to duck out since it is getting late. Not sure if I will try it again until I'm a higher level. I had fun and everyone kept it together, but it doesn't feel like an especially productive use of time. I suppose more experienced folks get through it easier, but it is definitely deserving of the Hard name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom