• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the missions themselves are more interesting than what shipped with the game, but there's only 3 and i'm done after an hour :/

not that i expected it to take longer.

that murmur though

Jito

Banned
People are freaking out already about being locked out of weekly/nightfall strikes if they don't own the DLC (yet I'm still locked out of it as I've not done the right quests?). Wonder how Bungie will dig themselves outta this one.

GlamFM

Banned
Just checking out a bunch of streams it seems we should all get to level 31 before trying to kill Crota.

There are level
32 Knights

EL CUCO

first two missions have some interesting new mechanics (which will probably appear in the raid) and were somewhat difficult (well i'm playing on the higher difficulties). it was nice to see different areas and the story is definitely feeling more connected. i'm also liking the new music

the missions themselves are what you'd expect though.

The 2nd mission was a pain in the ass. All the enemies being level 30 (I played as 29) didn't help. Played it solo forced me to find me first cheese spot lol

Manp

People are freaking out already about being locked out of weekly/nightfall strikes if they don't own the DLC (yet I'm still locked out of it as I've not done the right quests?). Wonder how Bungie will dig themselves outta this one.

2 sets of weeklies/nightfalls with double rewards. ahahah who am i kidding.

what a bs expansion it's mostly recycled areas so far

i can't really comment since i still have to touch the DLC but i'm not sure what you where expecting given this game track record.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
did the first two story missions, they're nothing special, though better put together than the core ones. had to steal victory the second one doing the level 30 with a 27, 28 and 29 though haha.

got to play with a sword a little bit, love it. *yawn* gonna be able to get my titan to 29 tomorrow easily from the look of things, just need to hit vanguard 2. no commendation needed for gloves or boots

EL CUCO

blue heavy engram just decoded into MG18A Harms Way (New Vanguard Arc MG)

The weapon looks pretty bad, but atleast it's a start.

Ghazi

I didn't get a commendation from my package and the Dark Below package had ass materials and some blues. WTF Bungie...

WITHE1982

Just checking out a bunch of streams it seems we should all get to level 31 before trying to kill Crota.

There are level
32 Knights

The level
32 knights
are one-shotting all level 30s. Deffo need to hit 31/32 before attempting this myself.

jediyoshi

My expert opinion on Pantheon after playing one match.

Way too big. Maybe it's more interesting in control. That narrow rectangle of a layout just means if a team is in control, they work their way from one end to the other until the spawns swap, then you rush back and repeat.

I didn't get a commendation from my package and the Dark Below package had ass materials and some blues. WTF Bungie...

If you had the package from before today it'll be based on the old loot table. They're seeded based on time created.

If you got it today then that's bullshit.

Bollocks

looking at the new raid I think I made a good call about not grinding to 30 before the DLC drops.
30 is useless you need at least 31 and with the new gear I'll be 31 as well by the end of the week

Undying Mind is definitely my favorite strike. It's really just a bunch of yellow bar Vex in close quarters, but it was a nonstop barrage of supers to clear them. Everything was Orbs

Xbox guys got screwed again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the vendor devil you don't is a super quick reload low clip final round bonus damage hand cannon. could be fun.

My expert opinion on Pantheon after playing one match.

Way too big. Maybe it's more interesting in control. That narrow rectangle of a layout just means if a team is in control, they work their way from one end to the other until the spawns swap, then you rush back and repeat.

Haven't played it yet but that's what i figured. sigh

Would probably play a CTF style game really well but Bungie doesn't have one.

Got my first kill with that new solar/arc fusion and I get a legendary drop. Coincidence or just luck? Haha. Time to decode it into a more of light I suppose.

Edit: Ooh new legendary rocket launcher. Not bad

Wooooooooooooow.

When Bungie said the new Vanguard/Faction gear would be better, I didn't think they meant 'hey, all that Raid gear you put time into getting is not obsolete'. I figured Raid gear would still be the best stuff you could take into the Raid or the next IB.

Speaking of the next IB, taking a look at the stats of the new ARs for sale, which one you think is the best bet for Crucible? I'm thinking the orange Vanguard one, but not sure...

GlamFM

Banned
Wooooooooooooow.

When Bungie said the new Vanguard/Faction gear would be better, I didn't think they meant 'hey, all that Raid gear you put time into getting is not obsolete'. I figured Raid gear would still be the best stuff you could take into the Raid or the next IB.

Speaking of the next IB, taking a look at the stats of the new ARs for sale, which one you think is the best bet for Crucible? I'm thinking the orange Vanguard one, but not sure...

The Vex is the one piece of Raid gear that is still relevant.

Ghazi

If you had the package from before today it'll be based on the old loot table. They're seeded based on time created.

If you got it today then that's bullshit.

I probably got it the other day, then. Can't remember, too sleepy.

Anyways, the the boss in the first area in Fist of Crota mission just despawned on me lmao

spyder_ur

Guys where is the first mission marker? Have to kill two more things using the sword and I'm not seeing it for some reason?

And where do people recommend doing the fist of havoc bounty?

Trakan

So Bungie's idea of new content is playing through a level backwards.

The new Omnigul strike is a clusterfuck of terrible game design. Hope you enjoy fighting every Hive variant including Ogres in a 2x2 room. The nightfall is going to be a huge pain in the ass.

cilonen

Correct. And it has been patched down quite a bit. Just epic modifier so you can play it normally. No cheese needed anypoint. At least if you have two guys playing.

Is there any way I can cancel the matchmaking to just run Summoning Pits solo?

I've tried setting fire team to invite only and it still matches me. I just want to run it myself and do it right.

Guys where is the first mission marker? Have to kill two more things using the sword and I'm not seeing it for some reason?

And where do people recommend doing the fist of havoc bounty?

I think you have to finish all the story missions at least once to go back? I finished the first mission, got the quest for the second mission, and yeah, the mission marker is gone now.

So Bungie's idea of new content is playing through a level backwards.

The new Omnigul strike is a clusterfuck of terrible game design. Hope you enjoy fighting every Hive variant including Ogres in a 2x2 room. The nightfall is going to be a huge pain in the ass.

They've been reversing levels for over 10 years.

I like the clusterfuck of Undying Mind, but let's not pretend it's some cleverly designed encounter. They simply throw a bunch of yellow bar enemies at every chokepoint.

BokehKing

Banned
Story wise I'm still disappointed, not one cut scene, just a voice over, a lot of it from the trailer, damn Bungie wtf happened to you?

Game is still cooked crack but...

Trakan

They've been reversing levels for over 10 years.

I like the clusterfuck of Undying Mind, but let's not pretend it's some cleverly designed encounter. They simply throw a bunch of yellow bar enemies at every chokepoint.

Yeah but they never put out Halo story DLC and had you play through the Library backwards.

This is on a new level.

I like how there's not one line of Dinklebot dialogue. Must've ran out of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom