• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to finish all the story missions at least once to go back? I finished the first mission, got the quest for the second mission, and yeah, the mission marker is gone now.

I've done them all and can't go back and now I can't get the bounties done, I've just tried with the sword on the divide and going to the rocket yard to kill hive and no credit given

phen0m24

Wooooooooooooow.

When Bungie said the new Vanguard/Faction gear would be better, I didn't think they meant 'hey, all that Raid gear you put time into getting is not obsolete'. I figured Raid gear would still be the best stuff you could take into the Raid or the next IB.
This. Just checking out the vanguard vendor and I'm like "Why did I do hm raid again?"

OK I did get the Vex but just wow

What is the deal with nightfall and weekly being locked? I beat all the dlc story missions, but they are still locked out. Do I have to do something else?

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Is there any way I can cancel the matchmaking to just run Summoning Pits solo?

I've tried setting fire team to invite only and it still matches me. I just want to run it myself and do it right.

What do you mean, its always solo (or without matchmaking I mean)? There is special strike on moon without any matchmaking.

Wallach

Right after the DLC hit, I went and got another level from the Cryptarch. Two legendary engrams! Helm and secondary weapon!

Helm became a new legendary helmet, which is nice since mine wasn't a raid piece. Score.

Second... became an exotic! Holy shit! ...an exotic Universal Remote. /biblethump

What is the deal with nightfall and weekly being locked? I beat all the dlc story missions, but they are still locked out. Do I have to do something else?

Apparently do a couple more bounties, but I can't figure out how to do them without that fucking sword and I just tried on earth and it did not work.

cilonen

What do you mean, its always solo (or without matchmaking I mean)? There is special strike on moon without any matchmaking.

Oh wow, cool; I just assumed after trying to run other regular strikes solo for fun!

Although thinking about it, they were playlist ones.

Excellent, I'll get going on my thorn bounty tonight!

BokehKing

Banned
How did they get to Crota, I was just told to buy a urn from Xur and he is not in the tower

Oh yeah and good luck to the person who told me to hold off turning in thorn until today

302/331 damage

I like how the murmor can switch between fire and arc damage, yet each has different stats

Man missions 2 and 3 are hard on Level 30 difficulty and I'm only 29. But Gjallarhorn saves the day. Still looks like it will be several days/week before I hit level 30, unless a legendary armour drops.

MrMuscle

Man missions 2 and 3 are hard on Level 30 difficulty and I'm only 29. But Gjallarhorn saves the day. Still looks like it will be several days/week before I hit level 30, unless a legendary armour drops.

It shouldnt take long if you buy the gear you are missing from one of the faction vendors.

thedan001

raid spoilers inside:

Got to the deathsinger boss in crota's raid

Stuck with that phase then fireteam called it since its 3:30am

Anyone know how to open the gate with crystal/deathsinger inside?

I've done them all and can't go back and now I can't get the bounties done, I've just tried with the sword on the divide and going to the rocket yard to kill hive and no credit given

Is anybody else having this problem?

I completed the first mission, and I can't go back to it either. Is the mission indicator still showing up after completing the mission for other people?

Maledict

So much for the people saying the weapons upgrad system wouldn't matter because the new raid was only level 30.

The fact that the vendor bought gear is strictly better than the raid gear from the previous expansion is pure stupidity. I only got fate bringer last week, levelled it up desperately over the weekend and now I need to replace it with a vendor bought item for the raid.

Pagan with Bungie having to relearn the lessons other MMO designers tackled and solved years ago. People raiding should be able to use their raid gear to progress in the next tier of raiding - a complete gear reset 3 months into a game is unbelievable stupidity.

Bollocks

These guys are at Crota already:

http://www.twitch.tv/ramez05

RamirezDoEverything.jpg

THe new legendary light gear in the shops really kills the need for vault of glass armor now, which is a dumb move.

Everything in the shops is 33 light, vault of glass gear is all 30 light.

lol, bungie.

my stored dark orbit package from last week turned into two ass shards...

Frenden

Banned
I look at all my useless legendaries and exotics, weigh it against the amount of new material in Far Below that folks have uncovered so far, and come away with a case of the sads.

It shouldnt take long if you buy the gear you are missing from one of the faction vendors.

Yeah it's my best chance probably, but I'm a good 100 marks off buying anything, so it's still going to be a grind and then I'll be needing to level it up to max (though that shouldn't take long). Ah well.

Is anybody else having this problem?

I completed the first mission, and I can't go back to it either. Is the mission indicator still showing up after completing the mission for other people?

From reddit:

You just need to complete the three patrol bounties/quests Eris gives you in the tower. That is all. These bounties are purple, like her other quest bounties.
To complete the patrol bounties, just load up Cosmodrome. The three areas are: Refinery (Sepiks Prime Strike hacking room), Terrestrial Complex (where you hold off enemies while activating Rasputin), and Lunar Complex (where you first fight the hive).
Refinery, look for the hive seeder right outside, Terrestrial Complex is near the fence looking out to Russia (where the arrays are), and Lunar Complex is in the corner of the very first room where the hive launch themselves at you.

From the sounds of it, return to the areas on cosmodrome patrol...so fucking dumb

Edit: upon reading more, it appears you are supposed to get more bounties when you beat the last mission. I did not.

Edit again: turns out everyone is supposed to get kill 25 wizards/Knights, upon doing that patrol bounties unlock, I didn't get the wizard/Knights bounty, you've got to be kidding me.

Xamdou

THe new legendary light gear in the shops really kills the need for vault of glass armor now, which is a dumb move.

Everything in the shops is 33 light, vault of glass gear is all 30 light.

lol, bungie.

my stored dark orbit package from last week turned into two ass shards...

Yea really dumb... Whack you can just buy your way to lvl 33 wtf!!!

So no Xur today?

phen0m24

I look at all my useless legendaries and exotics, weigh it against the amount of new material in Far Below that folks have uncovered so far, and come away with a case of the sads.

They should have raised the light level on raid gear. That really sucks. The hardest stuff to get in the game became toilet paper.

Salty

Nodnol

raid spoilers inside:

Got to the deathsinger boss in crota's raid

Stuck with that phase then fireteam called it since its 3:30am

Anyone know how to open the gate with crystal/deathsinger inside?

From what I've watched, kill the Wizard and Shreiker either side, opening the glass, then focus on the Wizard performing the ritual. From what I've seen, people are staying together, hitting one side and then the other. Tactical bubbles seem to help too.

I still think there's a chance just because the fraction weapons have the upgrade. So maybe the VoG weapons will have the upgrade when drop now.

Rixa

Yeah it's my best chance probably, but I'm a good 100 marks off buying anything, so it's still going to be a grind and then I'll be needing to level it up to max (though that shouldn't take long). Ah well.

Well doing bounties & Tiger Strikes and suddenly your marks are in weekly limit.

void666

Banned
Just did the regular will of crota. Nightfall has lightswitch and arc burn? I'm gonna cry.
90% recycled areas. But it's non stop action.

Sullichin

YESSSS
Just got B-Line Trauma (new Crucible vendor scout) from postmaster package with outlaw, hammer forged and mulligan. Perfect.

From reddit:

You just need to complete the three patrol bounties/quests Eris gives you in the tower. That is all. These bounties are purple, like her other quest bounties.
To complete the patrol bounties, just load up Cosmodrome. The three areas are: Refinery (Sepiks Prime Strike hacking room), Terrestrial Complex (where you hold off enemies while activating Rasputin), and Lunar Complex (where you first fight the hive).
Refinery, look for the hive seeder right outside, Terrestrial Complex is near the fence looking out to Russia (where the arrays are), and Lunar Complex is in the corner of the very first room where the hive launch themselves at you.

From the sounds of it, return to the areas on cosmodrome patrol...so fucking dumb

Edit: upon reading more, it appears you are supposed to get more bounties when you beat the last mission. I did not.

Edit again: turns out everyone is supposed to get kill 25 wizards/Knights, upon doing that patrol bounties unlock, I didn't get the wizard/Knights bounty, you've got to be kidding me.

I mean, I have access to 4 patrol bounties. She's selling those for me. But I just want to go back into the first mission to do it, cause it seems like the easiest way to get the sword bounty.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Seems like asshole move to sell light level 33 gear in shop? Whats the point? What is the light level of the Crota gear you get?

phen0m24

Bungie:
Please add the new higher level gear to the Vault ASAP.

I mean, hard mode raid helmet acquired two days ago is garbage now?

:( bah humbug

Faction rankups give crucible commendations. They are interchangeable between characters. Two purple engrams have turned into energy for me today and one rankup gave me boots I just bought.

BokehKing

Banned
You should get the kill 25 knight/wizard after defeating the crystal and getting the hive weapon that does both fire/arc damage

Then you get told to find Xur and buy a urn

Where is Xur, guess he sold the urn last week?

SkylineRKR

Not wanting to defend Bungie as Destiny is obviously recycle scam, but vendor that takes you to 31, Raid gear that takes you to 32? Sounds exactly like last time to me.

I mean I've been using the same Raid gear for ages now. It helped me beat VoG Heroic, and its still the highest level you can enter Crota with before you've bought and maxed vendor gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom