• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
raid spoilers inside:

Got to the deathsinger boss in crota's raid

Stuck with that phase then fireteam called it since its 3:30am

Anyone know how to open the gate with crystal/deathsinger inside?
Gotta destroy the Shriekers in both the right and left rooms before the glass doors open up and then you can attack the Deathsinger

Manp

lol, first package i get from leveling up cryptarch rep i get a purple that decode into some light 33 FWC helm... that looks like shit :(

kSJgjd4.jpg

help! i look like crap!

SkylineRKR

woah wait what, weekly and nightfall are dedicated to dark below expansion owners this week?

fuck you bungie and your shit.

They're blackmailing players into buying the DLC. Or you just can't do shit for a week. Yeah its ass.

I mean what about 2 NF this week? One for non DLC, and two as a bonus for backers?

BokehKing

Banned
Wow earth is only showing one of the missions after I go back 'siege of the warmind'

Guess I can't go back and do the other quest at 30 now, thanks Bungie.... Smh

They are going to wake up to a shit storm today

lunlunqq

Ha! My fear turn out to be true. I don't have access to the DLC contents even though I purchased the Digital Guardian edition back then… I have the order confirmation to prove that. WTF is shit, Sony and Bungie???? :mad:

Daemul

God damn, the upgraded New Monarchy armour looks cool as fuck. I've just bought the gauntlets and boots, and I only need 25 more marks to buy the chest. I'll buy the Vanguard helm to reach level 31.

SkylineRKR

God damn, the upgraded New Monarchy armour looks cool as fuck. I've just bought the gauntlets and boots, and I only need 25 more marks to buy the chest. I'll buy the Vanguard helm to reach level 31.

Nice, ive got decent marks on 2 chars and am appropriate NM level.

darkwing

Ha! My fear turn out to be true. I don't have access to the DLC contents even though I purchased the Digital Guardian edition back then… I have the order confirmation to prove that. WTF is shit, Sony and Bungie???? :mad:

Did you 'download' the TDB from the store yet?

Skyshock makes Bastion look like the best map in the game.

There isn't a word in the English language to describe how bad this map is.

If you like camping with Patience and Time or Praedyth's Revenge, enjoy.

Future

So, uh, I have dark below. Weekly and nightfall a are locked till I beat the expansion quest

To beat it I have to buy an item from Xur.

So no weekly until Xur on Friday?

Daemul

Nice, ive got decent marks on 2 chars and am appropriate NM level.

Yeah, but make sure to preview each armour before buying it though, I've realised that one of the helmets looks far better than the other.

I can't stop laughing at the fact that I'll be level 31 by the end of the day though. I got enough materials to waste on upgrading the armour and it will tide me over until I get enough of the new materials to upgrade the Raid gear.

Future

I guess people are playing the nightfalls? What do you have to do to do that? I did all 3 story missions and got the last to quests of kill a bunch of hive and buy from xur.

Daemul

I guess people are playing the nightfalls? What do you have to do to do that? I did all 3 story missions and got the last to quests of kill a bunch of hive and buy from xur.

I want to know this as well. I need to Nightfall to be able to level up my Vanguard rep so I can buy the helmet.

Izuna

Banned
So I will be streaming Nightfall soon on Xbone. People are free to join.

Basically if you are Bladedancer you can cheese the fuck out of the final boss.

3 man, 2 30s and a 29. Probably will get easier when we learn the strike better, but there's so many thrall. Lightswitch makes the nightfall seem impossible.

It's doable. Just have lots of arc weapons (fate bringer) and play it safe. It took a while but we got it done

So is all the vendor armor better than the raid armor?

Yup it's fucking ridiculous. I could have not done the raid 35 times and just waited for the expansion to just buy better gear

They increased the cost of marks for gloves, chest, and boots from 65 to 75 now...

Yeah so that you can't buy 3 pieces of gear with the capped 200 marks

There are additional Eris quests you have to complete on patrol and what not.
You don't need to finish the Xur mission for nightfall though.

thedan001

Anybody know what to do for the
Swordbearer
part?

Gotta kill the Swordbearer, activate the bridge, and have one person go over the bridge at a time with the sword.

Used this strat:

Totems attack whoever is opening bridge unless a player stands by totem to disable it

-2 on each totem, dedicate 1 player on bridge. Send 1st sword user across
-Repeat by sending 1 from totem group across bridge
-Bridge defender picks up 3rd sword and goes across and defends bridge circle on other side with 2 players already on other side standing by totems each
-Now the other 3 (that hasnt crossed over yet) can leave totems alone and camp together until swordbearers show up for last 3 players each
-Clear final wave after 6th crosses over. No need to stand on bridge circle at this point

*Waves are balanced by how many players have crossed over... so the wave attacking last player trying to cross bridge will be significantly smaller/weaker compared to the starting wave

border

Before I start turning in quests I just want to confirm:

We currently get commendations for every level up with Vanguard/Crucible, yes? And what about the factions?

Well, if people are already at the Raid boss, it's safe to assume our 300 weapons are more than enough.

dark below will have been designed so level 30 and 300 dmg gear will be tough at first, not impossible.

vault of glass used to take 2 hours to complete until everyone was used to it and level 29+ then it became sub hour if all went well.

I would think if hard mode dark below was out right now it would be a nightmare to complete with some enemies reaching level 34 and only taking 10% damage.

Used this strat:

Totems attack whoever is opening bridge unless a player stands by totem to disable it

-2 on each totem, dedicate 1 player on bridge. Send 1st sword user across
Repeat by sending 1 from totem group across bridge
-Bridge defender picks up 3rd sword and goes across and defends bridge circle on other side with 2 players already on other side standing by totems each
-Now the other 3 (that hasnt crossed over yet) can leave totems alone and camp together until swordbearers show up for last 3 players each
-Clear final wave after 6th crosses over. No need to stand on bridge circle at this point
Does killing the Gatekeepers yield anything, other than making the second side easier?

Before I start turning in quests I just want to confirm:

We currently get commendations for every level up with Vanguard/Crucible, yes? And what about the factions?

My dark orbit mail ticket thing gave me no reccomendation so I think you can only get them if you finish a level post today, not anything stored in the bank from earlier.

You only need a reccomendation for chest and head gear, legs and arms are normal (rank 3, marks)

Zephyl

Once you finish the kill 25 give wizards/knights you'll get 3 more quests for the cosmodrome. Once you finish those 3 you'll get the bounty for the will of crota, which is needed to unlock the strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom