• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Yeah, but make sure to preview each armour before buying it though, I've realised that one of the helmets looks far better than the other.

I can't stop laughing at the fact that I'll be level 31 by the end of the day though. I got enough materials to waste on upgrading the armour and it will tide me over until I get enough of the new materials to upgrade the Raid gear.

They use normal mats? I've got 170 ass shards.

How is the expansion?

PS. I'm working yet :(

Do you own it? if so you get some extra things to do this week and new dark below bounties.

don't own it? you just lost access to weekly and nightfall strikes.

Sucks VOG is irrelevant now. We basically wasted our time with raid.

VoG gear should have been as good as the new store bought stuff, bungie really fucked up reason and balance.

SkylineRKR

Sucks VOG is irrelevant now. We basically wasted our time with raid.

The worst thing is I never got Praetorian Foil and Vision of Confluence.

But Vex Mythoclast/Ice Breaker/Gjallarhorn or Hezen will hopefully do. Then its about; max Vex or wait? Can max it today I think.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you own it? if so you get some extra things to do this week and new dark below bounties.

VoG gear should have been as good as the new store bought stuff, bungie really fucked up reason and balance.
I own the Guardiam Edition so I guess this and the other expansions are included.

But the new Raid is fun? The new strikes too?

Fee

I have no idea where to go or what to do for the 3 patrol bounties in the cosomodrome, someone please clue me in.

SkylineRKR

Come to think of it, this week where non DLC buyers get the shaft will return. You cannot stop it, but you can pause it.

At work, but did check out things at the tower before I took off. Turned in my Invective bounty, so that's one weapon I don't have to upgrade in the future. Probably have Bad Juju at the end of the day.

My brief impression thus far? Not too happy that it's basically set up like Queens Wrath/Iron Banner. From what I'm reading here, things aren't much better in the missions and how they are handled in conjunction with the bounties. Haven't grabbed any gear or level up any rep to grab any commendations.

Hope things are better when I actually go through the content.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
is it really so that no one beat the Raid yet? They arrived at Crota 70minutes ago...

edit. Not looking streams, don't want to spoil the surprise.

Hyun Sai

dark below will have been designed so level 30 and 300 dmg gear will be tough at first, not impossible.

vault of glass used to take 2 hours to complete until everyone was used to it and level 29+ then it became sub hour if all went well.

I would think if hard mode dark below was out right now it would be a nightmare to complete with some enemies reaching level 34 and only taking 10% damage.

Do we have confirmation that enemies in the normal raid go beyond 30+ ?

void666

Banned
I have no idea where to go or what to do for the 3 patrol bounties in the cosomodrome, someone please clue me in.

Just read the description. Go to the mentioned areas and look for hive performing rituals.

One of the hive is kind of hidden. Look at your radar. Well this one is actually just taking a nap.

At work, but did check out things at the tower before I took off. Turned in my Invective bounty, so that's one weapon I don't have to upgrade in the future. Probably have Bad Juju at the end of the day.

My brief impression thus far? Not too happy that it's basically set up like Queens Wrath/Iron Banner. From what I'm reading here, things aren't much better in the missions and how they are handled in conjunction with the bounties. Haven't grabbed any gear or level up any rep to grab any commendations.

Hope things are better when I actually go through the content.

The story missions and quests were fun and well done, in my opinion. I also enjoyed the new strike (still haven't tried the PSN a exclusive one). I'm happy with the DLC so far, can't wait to raid this evening.

I'm loving Murmur by the way. Such a cool gun.

ocean

Banned
Vanguard tiger: level 24, 6 marks and 25 rep.
Vanguard ROC: level 26, 6 marks and 25 rep.

Real cool Bungie, thanks. Also, level 30 weekly gave 9 coins just like before :/ was kinda hoping for 12 now that we need so many more coins than before.

Wallach

Niiiice, just before Hawkian logged off for the night we were looking at the new Vanguard weapons, and I felt like the Time on Target had a pretty decent stat spread (I've been a PR fan since I Super Pox VLO); lower Impact than I'm used to, but nice combination of RoF, Stability and Reload.

Ticked over to level 13 Vanguard and got a Time on Target that has Secret Round and Glass Half Full, with Field Scout in the second column. We in there.

Fee

Just read the description. Go to the mentioned areas and look for hive performing rituals.

One of the hive is kind of hidden. Look at your radar. Well this one is actually just taking a nap.

Read the description? That assumes i know where the hell the "terrestrial complex" is, because that's definitely not on the map. haha

KeRaSh

Guys, I'm not bitter about the lack of raid equipment drops anymore!
I can reach Lv 31 without that crap now and I have enough marks to get there by the end of the week even if Xur only offers upgrades for the two Warlock Exotics that I don't own.
Hopefully he has upgrades for Sunbreakers, No Light Beyond or Heart of Praxic Fire!

Jinjo

Vanguard tiger: level 24, 6 marks and 25 rep.
Vanguard ROC: level 26, 6 marks and 25 rep.

Real cool Bungie, thanks. Also, level 30 weekly gave 9 coins just like before :/ was kinda hoping for 12 now that we need so many more coins than before.

Lol, that's just bullshit. What's the point of a level 26 list if you're not gonna up the rewards?

I'm slowly becoming more bitter as the realization sets in that Bungie made a mockery of the VoG raid gear and weapons

The joke of it all is that they have probably done it this way because everyone complains about the method for getting Lv 30 gear through VoG.

If they had been a bit fairer about how gear was given out (like they do early in the story where you choose your reward from your vendor), more players would be Level 30 now, and it wouldn't of been such an issue.

Instead, you get players like me who has done the Raid 5 times, and got 1 piece of gear (gauntlets) and a weapon (sure it was Atheons Epilogue, but still). That was on two runs, the other three ones all I got was a shader and materials. Huge time commitment, nothing. I get more materials and Exotic weapons from the Weekly. THAT is broken and shockingly bad design.

IF, perhaps, Bungie gave out a reward token to each player who completes the Raid, they could go to their Vendor in the tower (who you completely ignore in the late game anyway) and choose a piece of Raid gear.

It would encourage more players to play through the raid multiple times to get the full set. Fuck it, they could even make it so you need 2 or 3 tokens for a piece of armour. It's not like Bungie are concerned about the amount of currencies in Destiny, one more Raid Token wouldn't matter much.

spyder_ur

Alright I'm tired of hunting knights and wizards. Is there a good mission or strike to quickly get this done?

I finished it off in the Wakening mission at level 30. The ones in the tunnel under the Steppes in the Cosmodrome work too, but there were way too many people farming those.

This bounty where I need to kill two more things with the sword is annoying though, considering the mission disappeared.

I see now why Bungie added more bounty slots, since Eris' missions basically sit there.

void666

Banned
That one for whatever reason - won't necessarily spawn.
If that's the case you have to get out and redo.

Yes. I had to do it. Maybe it happens to everyone?

Alright I'm tired of hunting knights and wizards. Is there a good mission or strike to quickly get this done?

The second dlc mission is pretty good. Siege of the warmind iirc. Just go back to orbit before mission ends. Repeat. Did it in 2 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom