• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

So who wants to do the "story" missions then? I need to unlock Nightfall fast.

Just a warning that I don't think it's going to be fast, depending on how long you are thinking. 3 Story missions and then more bounty/patrol stuff. Been doing stuff for a couple hours and not done. I don't even have access to the regular strike unless I'm missing something.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
They could do it so that when getting drops from VoG, if you have that same item, it would be upgraded to new attack level BUT maintaining any perks it has (progress I mean). That way the old raid would be still meaningfull AND the weapons and time that we put on those would still have meaning.

I finished it off in the Wakening mission at level 30. The ones in the tunnel under the Steppes in the Cosmodrome work too, but there were way too many people farming those.

This bounty where I need to kill two more things with the sword is annoying though, considering the mission disappeared.

I see now why Bungie added more bounty slots, since Eris' missions basically sit there.

Yes. I had to do it. Maybe it happens to everyone?

The second dlc mission is pretty good. Siege of the warmind iirc. Just go back to orbit before mission ends. Repeat. Did it in 2 runs.
Thank you gentlemen. Yeah it actually dawned on me that I fought a shitload of knights during those two missions, especially The Wakening.

The joke of it all is that they have probably done it this way because everyone complains about the method for getting Lv 30 gear through VoG.

If they had been a bit fairer about how gear was given out (like they do early in the story where you choose your reward from your vendor), more players would be Level 30 now, and it wouldn't of been such an issue.

Instead, you get players like me who has done the Raid 5 times, and got 1 piece of gear (gauntlets) and a weapon (sure it was Atheons Epilogue, but still). That was on two runs, the other three ones all I got was a shader and materials. Huge time commitment, nothing. I get more materials and Exotic weapons from the Weekly. THAT is broken and shockingly bad design.

IF, perhaps, Bungie gave out a reward token to each player who completes the Raid, they could go to their Vendor in the tower (who you completely ignore in the late game anyway) and choose a piece of Raid gear.

It would encourage more players to play through the raid multiple times to get the full set. Fuck it, they could even make it so you need 2 or 3 tokens for a piece of armour. It's not like Bungie are concerned about the amount of currencies in Destiny, one more Raid Token wouldn't matter much.

sadly it's too late to add in that kind of system, bungie won't touch it for destiny 1 now.

what makes it annoying is that all this vault of glass raid gear has become weaker then store bought items, the items from the shops should have helped you reach 30, not 31.

THAT is the problem right now, slow vault of glass loot is another big one but making 31 gear in shops just ruins all of the vault of glass.

sadly it's too late to add in that kind of system, bungie won't touch it for destiny 1 now.

what makes it annoying is that all this vault of glass raid gear has become weaker then store bought items, the items from the shops should have helped you reach 30, not 31.

THAT is the problem right now, slow vault of glass loot is another big one but making 31 gear in shops just ruins all of the vault of glass.

Yeah agreed. I guess now they are like "Fuck it, let's move everyone onto Expansion I and II and force 30+ onwards". Even the Weeklys and Daily have moved up to 30.

They could do it so that when getting drops from VoG, if you have that same item, it would be upgraded to new attack level BUT maintaining any perks it has (progress I mean). That way the old raid would be still meaningfull AND the weapons and time that we put on those would still have meaning.

Not a chance that they would do such a thing. If anything, they'll just have them drop at the new stats and that the players will have to repeat the upgrading process again. On the bright side, you'll have the incredible amount of 2-4 energy to start you off when you begrudgingly break down your original weapon.

KeRaSh

Lol, that's just bullshit. What's the point of a level 26 list if you're not gonna up the rewards?

Reddit says that only the 26 list gives Engrams as rewards. I'm at work so can't confirm but it would be pretty significant if you ask me.

McArkus

Looks like there will be no weekly or Nightfall for me. Not having this DLC lock you out, shame... Maybe my legend will end here unless the second expansion is better than what I'm seeing here. But Ill still be here to do VoG, need to get fatebringer, hehehe.

btkadams

Wait so the vendors are selling level 30 and above gear? What if we are still level 29 and can't use the gear? Or are they selling armour too?

X-Frame

So Bungie locked non-DLC owners from playing the Weekly and Nightfall just this week or forever?

EDIT: Answered my question, as the new DLC Strike is in the rotation this week, so only a week. Yikes.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
While I certainly enjoyed the new missions and the earth strike, I'm fairly amazed by just how much they reuse existing areas vs actual new areas to fight in. The majority of your time is spent fighting different enemy spawns in places you've already been to in the base game. I'm also pretty amazed by just how short the missions are.

Bungie are going to catch a lot of shit for it, and rightfully so.

SkylineRKR

Helm and chest need commendation. Others don't.

Given the
damage they're doing to him
it'll take a long, long time. It's like Bungie have taken out
bullet-sponge bosses and replaced them with sword-sponge ones

I wonder if there isn't some sort of Time's Vengeance.

What do those
Chalices do?

At first I thought they
protected against the nuke, but you can cancel that out.

Ok...
I´m level 30 .
To get 31, Do I need reset my exotic armor and upgrade again friday? Or is there any other method?

Thx

Check your class vendor in the great hall area, they will sell +33 light legendary gear now.

exotic when upgraded will grant +36, new raid pieces seem to be +36 going by stream footage.

Damn, Rares are a lot better now. Just got a blue RL that goes up to 294 attack :|

seriously it's like bungie just upped everything because they could, not because it was required.

BRB going to scrap half my vault of unused legendary guns I kept for no reason.

If anybody wants to hop into a PS4 new raid group, we just had one guy who had to drop out. We've made it as far as
2 loot drops
but there's definitely a good amount left to go it seems. If people are okay joining in the middle, reply here or PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Nodnol

So whilst it doesn't necessarily effect me, it seems Bungie have another shitstorm coming their way?

Non-DLC players can't access the Nightfall/Weekly, they can't access the level 26 strike playlist, which is apparently the only way to ensure engram rewards now?

They've also, unless proved otherwise, made the pre-DLC content obselete. It would have been fine if the normal CE Raid was capped at 30, but it's not. Vendor weapons are better than the things we busted our balls for. UNLESS, of course, the VoG weapons have had a stealth buff and any new drops are the higher Attack? Someone needs to run the VoG!

On top of that, the new story missions are uninspiring?

And on top of that, the price point isn't exactly screaming value for money.

TTG

So, is it confirmed that the new Raid
has only three parts? Crota is right after the Bridge?

I've been watching the streams and
it seems like the only thing missing are the Gorgon Maze/jumping puzzle equivalents. On the other hand, the bridge portion is a lot more fun than defending confluxes and taking out oracles.

SkylineRKR

So whilst it doesn't necessarily effect me, it seems Bungie have another shitstorm coming their way?

Non-DLC players can't access the Nightfall/Weekly, they can't access the level 26 strike playlist, which is apparently the only way to ensure engram rewards now?

They've also, unless proved otherwise, made the pre-DLC content obselete. It would have been fine if the normal CE Raid was capped at 30, but it's not. Vendor weapons are better than the things we busted our balls for. UNLESS, of course, the VoG weapons have had a stealth buff and any new drops are the higher Attack? Someone needs to run the VoG!

On top of that, the new story missions are uninspiring?

And on top of that, the price point isn't exactly screaming value for money.

Even if they buffed VoG drops, it means you have to work your balls off again to get it again.

If Rares are buffed, and Exotics are buffed, then Legendaries are fucked?

Nodnol

Helm and chest need commendation. Others don't.

I wonder if there isn't some sort of Time's Vengeance.

What do those
Chalices do?

At first I thought they
protected against the nuke, but you can cancel that out.

The Chalice allow recovery. Without, your health doesn't regenerate. There's only one so you need to co-ordinate and pass it around.

There's definitely something people are missing; they're not doing enough DPS to avoid the Enrage timer, it seems.

LiK

I just got to work and I'm catching up on what changed. So I read about lockouts and people are pissed about the gear?

Did anyone have fun in the new raid?

SkylineRKR

The Chalice allow recovery. Without, your health doesn't regenerate. There's only one so you need to co-ordinate and pass it around.

There's definitely something people are missing; they're not doing enough DPS to avoid the Enrage timer, it seems.

Fuck I saw that guys meter before. Thought it was bugged. But have low fps and no sound at work, lol.

Rixa

Ok...
I´m level 30 .
To get 31, Do I need reset my exotic armor and upgrade again friday? Or is there any other method?

Thx

You hope, that you can reset it on friday. Or you can hope that you reset it next weeks friday.

Or Xur wont offer reset / upgrade for the first 5 weeks or so.

Be prepared for backup plan if you cant reset / upgrade your armors / weapons on Xursday.

Zakalwe

Banned
Need one more to help with the new raid. We're about 2/4 through we think, someone had to leave and we're in tower ready to go as soon as we find our 6th.

Really enjoying this so far, the
bridge section
was so much fun to work out blind.

Psn: astropoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom