• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

So whilst it doesn't necessarily effect me, it seems Bungie have another shitstorm coming their way?

Non-DLC players can't access the Nightfall/Weekly, they can't access the level 26 strike playlist, which is apparently the only way to ensure engram rewards now?

They've also, unless proved otherwise, made the pre-DLC content obselete. It would have been fine if the normal CE Raid was capped at 30, but it's not. Vendor weapons are better than the things we busted our balls for. UNLESS, of course, the VoG weapons have had a stealth buff and any new drops are the higher Attack? Someone needs to run the VoG!

On top of that, the new story missions are uninspiring?

And on top of that, the price point isn't exactly screaming value for money.
yeah Im disappointed with it and I didn't even buy it yet or really wasted my time with the raid that much did one hard raid. I really only want the expack for the three maps. one of which is a rumble only with I never play so it's really only two maps for fucking 17.50 -____- bungie is no longer bungie anymore.. fucking shame, everyone of their past games had more content for less money plus they where more fun to play...

Maledict

The Chalice allow recovery. Without, your health doesn't regenerate. There's only one so you need to co-ordinate and pass it around.

There's definitely something people are missing; they're not doing enough DPS to avoid the Enrage timer, it seems.

In my experience in other games, getting the fight mechanics down is the important part - you often hit enrage timers on bosses first time you make it to the end of the fight with everyone up. As you repeat the fight you'll do more and more damage to the boss in the same time period as you learn to play the fight better and can focus more on 'doing damage' rather than surviving. Key to beating wow dos test fights was always getting everyone to survive to the end of the fight first, and then once that was accomplished you could start to worry about dps.

Unless they are miles off, in which case yeah they are probably missing something.

EL CUCO

Just woke up and bought three pieces of level 33 armor just need a commendation to buy the helmet too.

I just bought boots since I've had 200 marks for a month now. All you need is Xur to have exotic helm upgrade. You should be at 31 in no time.

E92 M3

VoG gear should have been as good as the new store bought stuff, bungie really fucked up reason and balance.

Precisely, not only did Bungie reset the weapons they also made the raid armor useless. What was the point of leveling up to 30 if in the expansion we could have just bought our way to 31. I would have saved a lot of material chilling at 29.

Vex is still a really sweet weapon for the new Raid.

Yeah, but even that will get outclassed by a vendor weapon if Xur doesn't offer an upgrade.

The worst thing is I never got Praetorian Foil and Vision of Confluence.

But Vex Mythoclast/Ice Breaker/Gjallarhorn or Hezen will hopefully do. Then its about; max Vex or wait? Can max it today I think.

I never got the PF and FB - the two weapons I wanted most.

What if Vault of Glass drops 331 weapons now? Has anyone gone through it since reset?

I am more pissed about them not updating the raid armor - weapons I'll get over.

KeRaSh

So, I can stick with my old raid armor and only reset my exotic to get 31?

And after that change all old raid to new raid to 32?

thx

Sorry, I thought you meant the new vendor gear. VoG gear is no longer relevant...
So either 4 new legendaries or 3 new legendaries and one Xur upgraded new exotic get you to 31.

SkylineRKR

I don't want to part with my Raid set. I look bad ass with that + Thunder devil and Wolf cloak.

I bet a mish mash of Crucible and Vanguard armor doesn't look as good.

WITHE1982

FUCK THAT RAID ADHADHGDAHADHDHAIHDJILKPOSIK$

7f9306a486d10aa77d6a7a2720ad6045a2e0135477ec37ed719f56f3d2504126.jpg

I'm glad in a way that the new raid offers a fresh challange.

Ragarra

I turned in 2 legendary engrams but sadly they were not the new legendary gear :( Guess the old engrams wont turn into the new stuff.

Rixa

I turned in 2 legendary engrams but sadly they were not the new legendary gear :( Guess the old engrams wont turn into the new stuff.

Old rare engrams can turn to new legendary gear. I got 8 rare engrams waiting to get disappointed tho ;).

CaptDjob

Neo Member
7f9306a486d10aa77d6a7a2720ad6045a2e0135477ec37ed719f56f3d2504126.jpg

I'm glad in a way that the new raid offers a fresh challange.

Well, that is exactly why I am paying 20$. Nothing else matters, just fresh challenge (and hopefully without any possibilities to cheese it). Now when the hard mode comes after month or so, they are able to patch that prior the release. Good. Really good.

I don't assume we already get Commendations for previous ranks?

Please, don't.

Fitts

Sorry for not reading prior posts but I'm trying to avoid raid spoilers. Has anyone figured out whether or not vault weapons now drop with the higher attack power? I need to know whether or not I'm still going to chase dat fatebringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom