• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Lol both you guys said you're going to see about raid drops/nightfall first. You woke up and bought gear right away? It dropped you down to 28?

Hahaa I was weak. Also, Nightfall is locked behind Eris' missios/bounties.

I'm not spoiling myself for the Raid though. We going in blind tonight!!

I should probably check out of this thread pretty soon.

What another clusterfuck of communication. This seems like a complete mess

I guess we now know why they didn't increase the vault size, most of your old loot is worthless now. Hahaha.

ocean

Banned
Cryptarch level up have me 33light Helmet for my Hunter - who is still level 9. Also gave me gauntlets for my Warlock.

My Titan who cashed those engrams in was just like yo for real? Nothing for me?

Anyways I bought Vanguard boots and Gauntlets for my Titan. Gonna grind Crucible for a Helmet and I'll keep my Armamentarium. I'll be decked in new gear briefly. This way I'll go into CE at 31.

Jinjo

Everyone should be using spoiler tags till atleast the weekend so we're probably good.

It's kind of a bitch you have to all of Eris' bullshit before you can do Nightfall/weekly. Especially if you have 3 characters....

Also, story content is just another voice-over spouting story exposition. Don't get your hopes up.

MADGAME

The other guys were saying that... Not me. I said I was going to buy it. Marks are useless anyway.

You dropped from 30 to 28 by equipping one piece? I have 3 Commendations and enough marks to buy 3 pieces and use an exotic, guess I will do that and maybe and not equip them until beefed up through turning in bounties.

EL CUCO

Everyone should be using spoiler tags till atleast the weekend so we're probably good.

It's kind of a bitch you have to all of Eris' bullshit before you can do Nightfall/weekly. Especially if you have 3 characters....

Also, story content is just another voice-over spouting story exposition. Don't get your hopes up.

The worst part is Nightfall/weekly is even locked out for people that dont have the DLC. Bungie really isn't going to make new friends that way.

Deku Tree

You dropped from 30 to 28 by equipping one piece? I have 3 Commendations and enough marks to buy 3 pieces and use an exotic, guess I will do that and maybe and not equip them until beefed up through turning in bounties.

No I bought three pieces. All except the helmet. And I dropped to 28 equipping all of them. I think I'll get back to 30 quick though. Just need to grind some EXP.

SkylineRKR

Alright, I'm done with the game after checking out the new raid tonight. Not gonna grind again.

Disappointed about my loadout being worthless. Commendation should be easy, rank up a faction is easy enough. And its only needed for helm/chest. But I dunno, having to do Eris bounties sounds like a bag of shit to me, esp. over 2 chars.

I have the DLC, but atm not even looking forward to boot the game up.

The worst part is Nightfall/weekly is even locked out for people that dont have the DLC. Bungie really isn't going to make new friends that way.

I don't feel bad about this. I bought the DLC, I don't want the nightfall to keep being those same strikes forever. If you're still playing this game seriously 3 months in, buy the DLC.

According to a Reddit post, the vanilla exotic bounties are rewarding 331 attack versions of all the exotic weapons. Doh, I took Invective last night as an easy shard, I would have picked Thorn if I knew that!

Deku Tree

Does this mean the DLC strike is now in the weekly/nightfall rotation and whenever it pops up that the non DLC owners are locked out? That stinks for non-DLC owners, but for me I think its great that we get another strike in the rotation.

Man, I'm getting fucking tired of the grinding. It's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and even more currencies. I'm not even motivated to explore the new content anymore. Maybe just the raid, but that's it. I feel more and more ready to move on.

Sofa King

Got a 33 Warlock helmet for a vanguard reward for my Titan. Bought the other 3 pieces for my warlock. Back to 30 with my upgrades. Hopefully I will be able to reach 31 after work.

Yes, multiple Bungie employees recommended that you wait to turn in your exotic bounties.

Did any of these, "multiple Bungie employees" bother to put this valuable information in official blog posts, probably the one about how awesome exotics are post patch and that they are easier to level up? That may have been a good time to communicate that info. Who am I kidding, why would they ever tell us something that prevents grind.

Sofa King

Oh yeah, turned in my Thorn and Invective bounties and got 302 versions of them. Will turn in my Super Good Advice when Xur comes to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom