• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I don't feel bad about this. I bought the DLC, I don't want the nightfall to keep being those same strikes forever. If you're still playing this game seriously 3 months in, buy the DLC.

I don't like playing the same strikes forever either, but It's a shitty way to get anybody to buy DLC imo.

The first PSN message that I was greeted with, this morning.
vBCxioy.jpg

Daemul

I managed to do the Nightfall and level 30 weekly without doing any of the story missions since a friend had already unlocked them and invited me.

I managed to get an upgraded Insurmountable Skullfort Titan helm in the Nightfall, so now I don't have to buy the Vanguard helm. I can instead just get the 25 crucible marks to buy the New Monarchy chest, put on the rest of my shiny new gear and turn in my 10 5k experience bounties that I've been saving up, then go and do the new story missions for more experience and I'll be level 31 by the time I go and face Crota later tonight.

Level 31 in one day baby!

Deku Tree

Man, I'm getting fucking tired of the grinding. It's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and even more currencies. I'm not even motivated to explore the new content anymore. Maybe just the raid, but that's it. I feel more and more ready to move on.

Did you finish the new RAID?

k1t4j

Man i am a bit disapointed I grinded so much to get the gear with the stats I want.

I have a mix of raid/IB gear with only discipline and intelect, 0 strength perfect for me.

Now I have to get that shitty Vanguard gear? also m VoG weapons are useless no? I need to get new ones......

I finally, finally after countless raids got Fatebringer and you telling me it's useless? Seriously I was doing Hard raid for a onth and half, I get the weapon I want and the next week is useless.

Sorry for the rant, a bit disapointed that my last 3 months of playing this game are basicall going down the drain

neoism

Oh yeah, turned in my Thorn and Invective bounties and got 302 versions of them. Will turn in my Super Good Advice when Xur comes to town.
lol wow I just realized I have the pocket bounty but cant do it anymore because I'm on the nightfall 200 kill part. lol bungle I swear -_-

Lima

So looking how the easy raid takes enemies to level 32 ala VoG style I guess that level 33 hard raid is confirmed. Aw yiss.

You don't want matchmaking; you want a group listing board/lfg tool. This isn't about what platform you're on (though obviously PS4 is the most popular) but the concept that you needed to put a group together specifically for a purpose that all participants understand upon joining.

You must be aware that the idea that matchmaking would have helped you establish a flawless run effectively sounds a little ridiculous. Would there be a specific queue for flawless raids? Would you tell every random matchmade member you were doing a flawless run as soon as they joined, letting them leave and get replaced over and over until you found people willing to try?

I keep hearing "if you don't like matchmaking or want to use it, it doesn't affect you, why would you not want the option?" like it's a silver bullet that makes matchmaking a good idea. But even though I'd never take advantage of matchmaking personally I still care enough to not want it added for the raid, because it would be bad for the game.

You need a method by which to post in-game, "Looking for 3, Flawless Attempts, Be experienced" or what have you, and have everyone on your platform be able to see that message and decide to join, or not. This will dramatically improve the rate of successful pick-up groups as well as reduce the likelihood of "frustrating silent random pug syndrome" scenarios.
I still disagree, and you are misinterpreting my point with the flawless group. Yes, attempting a flawless run with randoms from matchmaking would not work; I used my anecdote about flawless as an example of how GAF is not suited to quickly finding Xbox one players. That is all.

How would this be bad for the game? You wouldn't take advantage, but this would somehow be largely detrimental? I would use it for situations where I have a team of 4 or 5 and we just want to quickly fill out the roster. We've done the raid enough times that these randoms, silent or not, don't matter to our success. We just need 6 people.

Everyone will have their own specific reasons and needs. So far, those that I have seen that oppose this always seem to say at some point "I wouldn't use this, but..." Would an in game LFG feature be great? Sure. So would easy communication with players that you run in to in world or in tower. And don't try to use the logistics of the matchmaking system as an excuse (you in particular didn't do this, just General sentiment): all the what-if states people impose are what matchmaking systems are designed to handle, and have been handling for many years now. Except for the Master Chief Colllection. Good lord is that game broken...

JambiBum

What I don't understand is how they could make a new strike playlist that is now level 26 and requires DB but couldn't do that for the weekly stuff. Should have kept the weekly at 28 and added in the option to do a 30 version if you have the new content. Seems like a simple solution to me instead of locking people out. Especially since they did it for the playlists.

E92 M3

Man, I'm getting fucking tired of the grinding. It's RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and even more currencies. I'm not even motivated to explore the new content anymore. Maybe just the raid, but that's it. I feel more and more ready to move on.

I feel like that about the last 3 months of playtime becoming obsolete. Still excited to try the new raid though.

Daemul

Man i am a bit disapointed I grinded so much to get the gear with the stats I want.

I have a mix of raid/IB gear with only discipline and intelect, 0 strength perfect for me.

Now I have to get that shitty Vanguard gear? also m VoG weapons are useless no? I need to get new ones......

I finally, finally after countless raids got Fatebringer and you telling me it's useless? Seriously I was doing Hard raid for a onth and half, I get the weapon I want and the next week is useless.

Sorry for the rant, a bit disapointed that my last 3 months of playing this game are basicall going down the drain

The Crucible vendor and the Future War Cult vendor sell full sets of gear with only discipline and intellect stats.

Lima

Oh and looking back just to posts yesterday about how we have so much awesome gear and all these super powerful amazing weapons and the new raid will be beaten so quick because of that.

Haha lol.

Does everyone get the legendary fusion rifle that switches between arc and solar? I just got it from finishing a mission. She also gave me fusion rifle telemetry.

First new vanguard package gave me 1 shard, 1 energy and a commendation. Fuck this game.

Congrats to those that got armour or something worthwhile. Fuckkkk

Daemul

Everyone should be using spoiler tags till atleast the weekend so we're probably good.

It's kind of a bitch you have to all of Eris' bullshit before you can do Nightfall/weekly. Especially if you have 3 characters....

Also, story content is just another voice-over spouting story exposition. Don't get your hopes up.

Just do what I did and piggyback on the back of people who've already unlocked the nightfall and weekly. DestinyLFG will probably be full of people who have already unlocked them.

Bungie aren't going to get me to do stupid bounties just to unlock the fucking nightfall and weekly. They can fuck right off.

Lima

Yes but I heard that you might have to max out both the arc tree and the solar tree separately... lolz if true.

No you don't have to max them out separately. You do however need a rune core from Eris which can only be bought at level 3 rep so it's gonna be a few days of doing her bounties before you max it out.

darkwing

We all knew legendaries are going to be obsolete

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Factions have got 31 armour too, right?
If so, anyone know how much (in crucible marks) the vendor gear is?

I'm at 28 with no raid gear. Seems like although a lot of people are saying VoG loot is 'obsolete', the road to 30 might be quicker via raid gear than grinding faction rep/ points in order to buy stuff from FWC. Once I hit 30 I'll probably consider buying the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom