• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

So is everyone sharding their VoG Raid Gear once it's replaced with the new gear? Or putting them in the vault maybe, just in case because they're "special"?

If I can buy a full set of better gear it makes me sad that the gear I hunted for so long isn't useful outside of their special perks (heavy ammo).

Daemul

Factions have got 31 armour too, right?
If so, anyone know how much (in crucible marks) the vendor gear is?

I'm at 28 with no raid gear. Seems like although a lot of people are saying VoG loot is 'obsolete', the road to 30 might be quicker via raid gear than grinding faction rep/ points in order to buy stuff from FWC. Once I hit 30 I'll probably consider buying the DLC.

75 marks for chest, gauntlets and boots, 120 marks for helmet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
nope. My level 12 vanguard rank is meaningless. They pretty much restarted everyone at zero so they can force us to regrind

inhCik8o7he67.gif

I need to grind 500 more rep plus marks and then the new armor starts you off at 24 light meaning another bounty grind to level back up. Level 30 will elude me for a few more days at least.

This game is rough on my psyche.

Rixa

So is everyone sharding their VoG Raid Gear once it's replaced with the new gear? Or putting them in the vault maybe, just in case because they're "special"?

If I can buy a full set of better gear it makes me sad that the gear I hunted for so long isn't useful outside of their special perks (heavy ammo).

That is good question. For my Warlock I have full raid set maxed, also got exotic helmet maxed. Not sure what to do with them. So shitty if its now useless after I get "better" light gear.

SkylineRKR

Factions have got 31 armour too, right?
If so, anyone know how much (in crucible marks) the vendor gear is?

I'm at 28 with no raid gear. Seems like although a lot of people are saying VoG loot is 'obsolete', the road to 30 might be quicker via raid gear than grinding faction rep/ points in order to buy stuff from FWC. Once I hit 30 I'll probably consider buying the DLC.

Its not, esp. if you have one char. One chance a week on getting 3 pieces, you won't succeed. Took me 5 Raids to be level 30 and I was one of the early birds.

I've always got maxed marks around friday. And I don't grind them.

ocean

Banned
So i just beat the three story missions.

How do I do the new strike? And the weekly+nightfall?
You need to fulfill a series of quests Eris will give you. The last one is killing the strike's boss so you'll unlock it. I went ahead and did Nightfall at that point which was tricky cause I went in totally blind.

Tip: bring your best Arc.

naeS

One of the new Grimoire cards was for a new Crucible mode called Inferno...

Text from the card:

A modified variant of multiple Crucible match types, Inferno tests your Light against the darkest of conditions.

Darkness prevails, leaving Guardians to rely on their weaponry and combat skills alone. The enemy can only be found by sight and sound alone. Rely on your teammates and keen tracking to stalk your enemies and shut them down without the trust in your most powerful abilities.

True skill put to the ultimate test. No trackers. No Supers. No bonuses. Only kills earn points.

Klyka

Banned
You need to fulfill a series of quests Eris will give you. The last one is killing the strike's boss so you'll unlock it. I went ahead and did Nightfall at that point which was tricky cause I went in totally blind.

Tip: bring your best Arc.

ah ok I am doing the "kill hive wizards and knights" one right now.
I can't do the "buy urn from xur" one yet though. Is that one important? How did you guys already do that one?

ocean

Banned
ah ok I am doing the "kill hive wizards and knights" one right now.
I can't do the "buy urn from xur" one yet though. Is that one important? How did you guys already do that one?
You need every purple bounty she gives you except for that one.

It was really fun. We had 3 level 30s though. Fatebringer is your friend.

Wait, how do you unlock the new weekly and nightfall? I did the story missions, but I still have a quest from Eris that requires me to buy something from Xur.

I'm really bummed all my old gear is worthless now. I spend a lot of time getting to 30 before the DLC hit and now I can just go out and buy the SAME gear from vendors that I already own and upgraded and wait for Xur to sells the new version of my exotics.

I just want to go through the raid and be done with this.

EDIT:

You need every purple bounty she gives you except for that one.

This answered my question, thanks.

Bizazedo

It'll be easier as time comes. People thought VoG was impossible and HM scared even more people. But it's nothing now.

While I do agree, if the enemies are level 33, it'll be harder by default (probably) than VoG as it capped out at 30. Even level enemies take more damage / deal less damage by comparison.

We won't be able to even things up if it's 33.

E92 M3

How much space do I need for Eris bounties? I am stocked on bounties and want to level up something.

It seems like there is no point in waiting for raid gear right due to it using different materials for upgrading?

jaaz

Question for GAF: Because I have two 30 Warlocks with almost full Vanguard marks and each close to leveling the Vanguard, I can essentially buy all Vanguard armor right now and be 31 as soon as I upgrade the armor. Have over 100 ascendency shards.

Should I do it? I will be running the raid every week, so I expect to get raid armor fairly soon. I know raid armor uses different upgrade materials, so I am not worried about using ass shards. More worried about using all of my marks this week in armor instead of on The new Vanguard guns. Is there any Vanguard gun that you would buy right away? Thanks.

phen0m24

So got up early and turned in Bad Juju. It's the new base 302. That's cool.

Vex seems like the weapon of choice with its 300+ damage output.

Got a legendary from the Vanguard package - another Purifier VII (with higher base void damage), which my son will likely power level to use in getting the new Thorn.

Still bummed about the raid gear though.

OT12|Everything Marked for Negation

So the DLC is great, but it´s to little content IMO.

30 minutes and I am done with everything except nightfall, weekly and raid.

Pre DLC the only thing I found fun was Raid, nightfall and Weekly, now after 30 minutes of play I am back to the same content as I was before DLC dropped. So what I basically paid for is a new Raid thats it.

The raid is HARD AS FUCK but its fun and I am sure there will be plenty of hours spent there.

I think I will be out after I am done with raiding. I feel that this DLC should have had more content to keep me staying, and it should have been half the price we paid.

Bungie really needs to add a new DLC like this "- the raid"every month for me to keep playing this game. a DLC with a new raid every 2 or 3 months I could pay for 15 USD.

spyder_ur

I don't really understand people's frustration or surprise about the raid gear being outdated. Wasn't that clear when we found out legendaries would be non-upgradeable and therefore be outclassed? They obviously had to raise the light level to accompany the shift in activity level.

Would people really prefer to rely on raid drops to get to level 31?

Plus now all your forever-29 friends can join the party.

I haven't played yet but reading impressions isn't great.

Does Bungie realise how close they are to losing a ton of players? Yea the DLC is awesome but content is slim. The other thing this taught me is that hitting max level close to DLc is pointless vendors will sell you better stuff in the new world.

SkylineRKR

I don't really understand people's frustration or surprise about the raid gear being outdated. Wasn't that clear when we found out legendaries would be non-upgradeable and therefore be outclassed? They obviously had to raise the light level to accompany the shift in activity level.

I expected that work through Heroic Raid would make you at least at your max potential for the new Normal Raid.

But mere vendor gear outclasses it instantly. I did not expect that, no.

Haven't done the Raid or Nightfall yet, but it sounds like the difficulty is very high. I am getting a bit weary of this. Don't know if I will be able to maintain my enthusiasm for the game.

It's their first RPG that's had an expansion / DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom