• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played yet but reading impressions isn't great.

Does Bungie realise how close they are to losing a ton of players? Yea the DLC is awesome but content is slim. The other thing this taught me is that hitting max level close to DLc is pointless vendors will sell you better stuff in the new world.

Yep, might as well take a break from the game and come back after expansion 2 and get level 33 out of the gate...

Jito

Banned
Both of the strikes are pretty lazy, just running back through a story level in reverse with an extra room on the end. At least the bosses are interesting.

Nodnol

First chest seems to have been discovered.

Most of the early players were/are steamrolling past just to try and finish first, so missed any exploration.

Very excited about the new raid, despite any negativity elsewhere.

Lima

One thing I can say though there will be no carrying this raid. One death and your whole team is dead at Crota.

There is also no non RNG way to be appropriately leveled for even the normal raid. You need 3 pieces of raid gear and one exotic to be optimal level for the normal raid.

If you thought the completion rates for VoG were low oh boy.

aww yiss

xNnqfva.jpg
SPAWNLING LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

Homeboyd

Need someone to put together a quick summary of some things in one post:

- what new gear can you buy immediately, where can you buy it, how much does it cost and what does it get you (ie to light level 32x etc)
- what light requirements per item are needed to get to 31? 32? (and as a result, what total light is needed to get to 32 and 32)
- what missions/bounties are available from the start and what order should you play them
- how do you unlock weekly/nightfall strikes
- at what level should you begin the new raid? 30 or wwait until you get to 31
- What's the best method to get to 31, 32
- what strikes drop rewards and which drop the best rewards
- what activities can drop new gear that can get you to 31/32
- where can you buy new higher base damage weapons than in season 1, where can these weapons drop as rewards
- is old vog gear "useless"

Etc etc

I haven't played yet but reading impressions isn't great.

Does Bungie realise how close they are to losing a ton of players? Yea the DLC is awesome but content is slim. The other thing this taught me is that hitting max level close to DLc is pointless vendors will sell you better stuff in the new world.

So what? I'm sorry, but what is your point? Literally anyone with a brain could've deduced that hitting max level through conventional means before an expansion launches isn't worthwhile. How is that a negative point for the DLC?

Semi good news for players with alts. Commendations are transferable between your alts. There is still a grind, but at least you can pass it on.

Both of the strikes are pretty lazy, just running back through a story level in reverse with an extra room on the end. At least the bosses are interesting.

What is Bungie doing? I noticed the ps exclusive strike is a level just backward.

wtf?

I might have used this opportunity to garner some good will gojng forward and show players what to expect in the future. Oh well.

I have the ghost edition so I'm in for the first two but after that I really don't know.

Sullichin

One thing I can say though there will be no carrying this raid. One death and your whole team is dead at Crota.

There is also no non RNG way to be appropriately leveled for even the normal raid. You need 3 pieces of raid gear and one exotic to be optimal level for the normal raid.

How much light does the new raid gear have?

spyder_ur

It's their first RPG that's had an expansion / DLC

It's my first time ever playing a game of this type. It was just clear that any old legendaries would be left behind with no upgrade path.

As a 29, I'm really happy about it; I'm not sure why anyone wouldnt be unless you like the look/perks of your old armor or feel now like your time in VoG was wasted.

Keep in mind this makes it easier for people to get to 31 too!

I'm more upset about the weapons - I grew attached to some of them.

I can't believe there are people complaining about the DLC having very little content. Bungie had announced a couple of weeks back what was included, if you didn't inform yourself, tough shit.

Jinjo

If it is confirmed that VoG weapons now drop at higher attack rating I'll run that stuff to death again. Gotta have that higher attack Fatebringer. Can anyone confirm?

It makes VoG still relevant actually.

I can't believe there are people complaining about the DLC having very little content. Bungie had announced a couple of weeks back what was included, if you didn't inform yourself, tough shit.

I don't known if this aimed at me or not.

The ammount of content isn't the problem its that its all levels just backwards. I mean come on.

Also I still love the fuck out of Destiny its my GOTY but some of the decisions are just head scratching.

What a shitty comment. Doesn't matter if they announced it 2 weeks ago. Lack of content is lack of content.

spyder_ur

Need someone to put together a quick summary of some things in one post:

- what new gear can you buy immediately, where can you buy it, how much does it cost and what does it get you (ie to light level 32x etc)
- what light requirements per item are needed to get to 31? 32? (and as a result, what total light is needed to get to 32 and 32)
- what missions/bounties are available from the start and what order should you play them
- how do you unlock weekly/nightfall strikes
- at what level should you begin the new raid? 30 or wwait until you get to 31
- What's the best method to get to 31, 32
- what strikes drop rewards and which drop the best rewards
- what activities can drop new gear that can get you to 31/32
- where can you buy new higher base damage weapons than in season 1, where can these weapons drop as rewards
- is old vog gear "useless"

Etc etc

Just fire it up and enjoy! Noone knows all of these things like best places for loot yet.

As to light, max light per piece is 33 on vendor gear. I believe a set of that maxed, plus an exotic, can bring you to 31.

As for weapons, my maxed VoC and Horn were holding up just fine at the highest level of story missions. Unsure about content past that. You get a legendary fusion rifle with 331 damage (I think) after the 3rd story mission.

jaaz

The complaining about the 30 nightfall and raid being very hard boggles my mind. Doesn't anyone want a challenge anymore? Do people just want to cakewalk through it on the first day?

I hope the raid is as hard as balls and will take me weeks to figure out and perfect until the hard mode unlocks.

E92 M3

I don't really understand people's frustration or surprise about the raid gear being outdated. Wasn't that clear when we found out legendaries would be non-upgradeable and therefore be outclassed? They obviously had to raise the light level to accompany the shift in activity level.

Would people really prefer to rely on raid drops to get to level 31?

Plus now all your forever-29 friends can join the party.

Doing the raid came out to be a net negative overall, in my opinion. They could have easily made a patch where full raid gear (meaning hard had to be completed) gave a bonus level. The way it is now is basically 3 months of playtime was meaningless. The only I thing I acquired that is useful is Gjallarhorn and Mythoclast.

Doing the raid came out to be a net negative overall, in my opinion. They could have easily made a patch where full raid gear (meaning hard had to be completed) gave a bonus level. The way it is now is basically 3 months of playtime was meaningless. The only I thing I acquired that is useful is Gjallarhorn and Mythoclast.

The whole point of these games is progression. Didn't you have any fun running VoG and getting your gear? Then you were 30, and it allowed you to run VoG HM, didn't it?

I am being told it takes a few hours to unlock the weekly and Nightfall. Want to roll the story missions tonight first or are we going straight into the frying pan (raid)?

I'll be on far before we start the raid, so I'd be happy to hit some story missions.

SkylineRKR

Yeah so basically you'll wait until House of Wolves, vendor to 33 and laugh at Crota. No one does it and wants to enjoy Crota too, but the idea that its somewhat of a better reward is baffling. Or rather, thinking that Heroic VoG work would kick start you at Crota.

Its like just buying a new Exotic, or never have upgraded it. And reap the same Xur upgrade reward.

This game is mental.

Klyka

Banned

But the vanguard gear I bought has more light han VoG raid gear

Anybody want to jump in a new raid group? We are at
Crota
, one person had to leave. We will be running it again after we beat it.

PSN is DrDrizzay101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom