• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
And? The non RNG way only allows you to get to 31. The normal raid at 30 has 32 enemies at the end. You will still be at a one level disadvantage.

And the hard mode raid has lvl 33 enemies and the max you can be is lvl 32.
I don't see the problem here, it's one level and people are already at Crota.

And you said "appropriately leveled for the raid" if the 32 enemies are only at the end, that means my vanguard gear puts me at the proper level for the raid up until the very end where it then gets harder.

Lima

And the hard mode raid has lvl 33 enemies and the max you can be is lvl 32.
I don't see the problem here, it's one level and people are already at Crota.

And you said "appropriately leveled for the raid" if the 32 enemies are only at the end, that means my vanguard gear puts me at the proper level for the raid up until the very end where it then gets harder.

Dude appropriately leveled means same level as the enemies so you don't have a negative damage output penalty and take more damage in return even.

Also I made this comment specifically for carrying people. Not gonna happen.

spyder_ur

Doing the raid came out to be a net negative overall, in my opinion. They could have easily made a patch where full raid gear (meaning hard had to be completed) gave a bonus level. The way it is now is basically 3 months of playtime was meaningless. The only I thing I acquired that is useful is Gjallarhorn and Mythoclast.

Agree to disagree.

I completed hard twice and didn't get any raid gear. I ran VoG on my main 8 times and didn't see a single drop.

If you feel like your time with the raid was meaningless, I'm not sure what to tell you.

E92 M3

The whole point of these games is progression. Didn't you have any fun running VoG and getting your gear? Then you were 30, and it allowed you to run VoG HM, didn't it?

Sure I had fun, but doesn't mean I want to reset everything. It'd be nice to have things carry over. It's just the result is the same as if I didn't run the VOG - we still have to buy the legendary gear from the vendors and look the same. Or we can get some gear from Crota's and wait to gather all of the material.

Yeah so basically you'll wait until House of Wolves, vendor to 33 and laugh at Crota. No one does it and wants to enjoy Crota too, but the idea that its somewhat of a better reward is baffling. Or rather, thinking that Heroic VoG work would kick start you at Crota.

Its like just buying a new Exotic, or never have upgraded it. And reap the same Xur upgrade reward.

This game is mental.

That is the problem. Essentially nothing important is carried over to Crota's expansion. Sure, I have the Vex and such, but overall that is not a huge advantage.

Agree to disagree.

I completed hard twice and didn't get any raid gear. I ran VoG on my main 8 times and didn't see a single drop.

If you feel like your time with the raid was meaningless, I'm not sure what to tell you.

In the sense of game progression, it appears to be so.

Klyka

Banned
Dude appropriately leveled means same level as the enemies so you don't have a negative damage output penalty and take more damage in return even.

Also I made this comment specifically for carrying people. Not gonna happen.

no
fucking
shit

i literally just said this would be the case for most of the raid until the very end where it gets harder.

Namikaze1

Well, my Titan now has new armor in all four spots. Time to level this shit up.

And my Hunter has two armor gears now. Glad I didn't bought the gauntlets. Now I can spend my vanguard marks on the boots.

Reading all the DLC impressions is giving me mixed feelings, I don't want the same amount of grind again. :(
I really dislike how it seems like VoG raid gear is all but useless at day one.
Guess I will check out the new raid and be done with it. I have to finish Dragon Age anyway.

hahahaha my old stored Purple Engrams were per-determined to be old pre-DLC crap.

I vaulted them to only submit them to the Cryptarch AFTER the DLC...... gave me old level poo

Leveling up Vanguard x 2 Characters, and 1 Crucible gave me new Arms and Chest for my Titan. So he can go up to Level 30 wtihout ever completing VOG. I already had old Iron Banner Arms, VOG Legs, Helm of Inmost Light old. So now we new Chest and new Arms, I can get to 30 this week.

My Warlock, I bought her a new helmet. The only piece of armor that was below 30. So i have two old Iron Banner limbs at 30, 1 old Voidfang Chest at 30 and new Crucible Helmet required leveling up to 33. So Level 30, here I come.

I had two old Invectives. I sharded both. The most upgraded one gave me 2 Exotic Shards. The lower one gave me one.

I submitted a Dubious Task to Ikora and got a brand new post-DLC Invective!! yeah bitch!

GhaleonEB

Removing the crptarch engrams from the regular strike playlists is a pretty ugly message to send. Bungie has made some mistakes with Destiny, but many of them were part of their learning process. This was deliberate and serves only to hurt non-DLC players. It's pretty offensive, IMO.

Homeboyd

Can you get to 31 by keeping an old maxed exotic armor piece and adding to it 3 new legendary DLC armor pieces maxed or do you need 4 new DLC legendary armors or 3 new DLC armor pieces and a "new" upgraded exotic armor piece?

Sure I had fun, but doesn't mean I want to reset everything. It'd be nice to have things carry over. It's just the result is the same as if I didn't run the VOG - we still have to buy the legendary gear from the vendors and look the same. Or we can get some gear from Crota's and wait to gather all of the material.

Yeah, I get that. Just tough for me as I got systematically screwed by RNG in VoG.

X-Frame

Removing the crptarch engrams from the regular strike playlists is a pretty ugly message to send. Bungie has made some mistakes with Destiny, but many of them were part of their learning process. This was deliberate and serves only to hurt non-DLC players. It's pretty offensive, IMO.

Yup, and just 3 months after the games release they're taking content away from the main game and now locking it behind a paywall. Very sleezy Bungie.

Trakan

How about requiring the DLC to even play the weekly/nightfall?

That's worse as it gives better rewards.

B4bAD-HCcAEvopm.jpg:orig

tumblr_ll57usiaUF1qzj8r6_large.gif

Not a good start to DLC for me. lol

KodaRuss

Solo'd the first chest on each of my characters. Got shards energy and the Titan Mark. Looks pretty sweet. People on reddit have been getting exotics from it as well.

Walk towards the first lantern but take a left at the path. Open the door, if the chest isn't there die and try again. Good luck Guardians!

Izuna

Banned
New Strike is super easy with at least 2 people and a Bladedancer. With those you can cheese the boss even on Nightfall. Patience and Time is probably good as well.

I didn't take a video because the boss strat needs to be explained quite a bit, since it has a special attack and the enemies it spawns changes what you are doing, but basically the strat is fool proof.

Yo brahs, we've got a slot for you on the team that's going to down crota's like nobodies business. Add YzeNup on PSN if you want in. We're already at crota too so you don't even have to travel anywhere.

jaaz

Can you get to 31 by keeping an old maxed exotic armor piece and adding to it 3 new legendary DLC armor pieces maxed or do you need 4 new DLC legendary armors or 3 new DLC armor pieces and a "new" upgraded exotic armor piece?

This is a great question, and I'd like to know as well before I go on a shopping spree.

Zakalwe

Banned
Need one more for the new raid. We're at
Crota
, another member had to leave.

Is anyone up for helping us please? :3

Shito

I'll probably be in the minority there, but I'm quite on Bungie's side when it comes to "forcing" the DLC adoption.
They obviously want to push it, and they can't make a special option "for the people who own the DLC" for every feature of the game, otherwise it would start to look really silly / complicated starting with the next one. I'm happy to see we get a new strike in the weekly rotation, even if it means it fucks up with people not owning the DLC for this week.

Namikaze1

Regarding the Nightfall/Weekly lock, I brought up last week that the worst thing Bungie could do to non-DLC folks is lock DLC items Xur and the factions will sell. Yeah, they took it a step further. nightfall and Weekly Heroic shouldn't be locked to non-DLC. I don't know what the hell they we're thinking with that.

The whole items thing was about Xur just carrying DLC items instead of a mix of bothe non-DLC and DLC exotics.

GhaleonEB

How about requiring the DLC to even play the weekly/nightfall?

That's worse as it gives better rewards.

Presumably you're only locked out when those strikes are in rotation, but yes, that's rough as well.

This update has brought out some behaviors from Bungie that are very atypical for Bungie like. I wonder the extent to which Activision was involved.

They have some explaining to do. People are understandably upset. Between it and removing the level 28 daily story mission lower level players got screwed, even with the DLC.

spyder_ur

This is a great question, and I'd like to know as well before I go on a shopping spree.

Not positive, but I don't think so. Vanguard maxes at 33, so 33x3+99. Add 30 for base exotic is 129. I think 31 light is 131 or 132.

ocean

Banned
I believe 31 requires 131 light. Since new Legendaries max at +33 and your Exotic at +30, you'd only go up to 129 light; 2 light short of 31.

Come Friday we can upgrade our Exotic armor or buy new ones which reach +36 Light. With this and our new Legendaries we can hit level 31.

I thought salvage was supposed to be available all the time with the new dlc? It wasn't up when i got on this morning. Let me get my guardian lord trophy, damnit!

Solo'd the first chest on each of my characters. Got shards energy and the Titan Mark. Looks pretty sweet. People on reddit have been getting exotics from it as well.

Walk towards the first lantern but take a left at the path. Open the door, if the chest isn't there die and try again. Good luck Guardians!
For the new raid?

FyreWulff

Regarding the Nightfall/Weekly lock, I brought up last week that the worst thing Bungie could do to non-DLC folks is lock DLC items Xur and the factions will sell. Yeah, they took it a step further. nightfall and Weekly Heroic shouldn't be locked to non-DLC. I don't know what the hell they we're thinking with that.

I'm not even sure how they could that, now that I think about it. At least on the 360, no on-disc achievements can require DLC.

Hiko

Banned
Good god, the new warlock armor looks like shit. Why would I want to replace my badass trench coat with that garbage?

The new Vanguard weapons are also a downgrade. No more Shadow Price equivalent. New Monarchy is selling an upgraded V8, but the perks are worse. I no longer have any motivation to play this game. Glad I didn't buy the DLC.

What a shitty comment. Doesn't matter if they announced it 2 weeks ago. Lack of content is lack of content.

Then don't spend your money if you think it's not enough content, wait for a bundle or something. I just think it's a bit much to complain today about it, when we've known for some time what was going to be included.

ocean

Banned
Need to run Nightfall on my Warlock now. See if I have better luck with the drops. Anyone care to take me along? A_javierp on PSN.

The whole items thing was about Xur just carrying DLC items instead of a mix of bothe non-DLC and DLC exotics.

tumblr_m084y3qKZw1rom9flo1_500.gif

Did they remove engrams from vanguard tiger?

I'm sure the few I did earlier rewarded me with an engram, and as normal also a shitty blue weapon.

Lima

Eh if you you are still playing this game at this point chances are very very high you buy or already bought the DLC.

Deku Tree

I should have maxed my titan's marks before DLC. He came into this week with only 25 marks. If I only do Vanguard activities I need two commendations and 345 marks to buy him a full set of DLC 33 light armor... That could take 3+ weeks...

I guess with luck from Xur that he allows me to upgrade my Exotic Titan Helm or sells another one then I can get to level 31 next week with 200 marks and one commendation and one upgraded exotic helm and three pieces of DLC 33 light armor.

Hiko

Banned
Did they remove engrams from vanguard tiger?

I'm sure the few I did earlier rewarded me with an engram, and as normal also a shitty blue weapon.

Yes. You have to play the new ROC playlist for engrams. Level 26 strikes. But of course they still reward the same amount of marks and reputation as Tiger. Can't have people progressing too fast after all.

Ourobolus

Banned
Welp, woke up this morning and immediately regretted using my marks to buy materials earlier. Oh well.

Knocked out everything leading up to the strike, so hopefully I can knock that out later tonight. I take it being Level 30 for the new Raid isn't that great, huh? Probably need to get to 31 at least?

I guess on the plus side the VoG should be a little easier, and I can hope for upgraded items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom