• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

So is the raid hard? No spoilers just want to know if its a challenge so far.

Nobody beat it yet so yes. Haven't heard about anybody on GAF getting past the third checkpoint yet either... I am not watching or looking at spoilers so I don't know any more than that...

Yes. You have to play the new ROC playlist for engrams. Level 26 strikes. But of course they still reward the same amount of marks and reputation as Tiger. Can't have people progressing too fast after all.

bQwoLb5.gif

Bungie you are terrible, I refuse to pay inflated £35 prices for DLC also.

Did whoever it was with US dlc get it working on his EU copy of the game at all?

Shito

Been following a stream ever since it released: yeah it's hard.
People have been at the boss for something like 3-4 hours now, with no one beating him yet from what I've seen.

Then don't spend your money if you think it's not enough content, wait for a bundle or something. I just think it's a bit much to complain today about it, when we've known for some time what was going to be included.
Most people here I included, bought the DLC with the game. One of those bundles.

Holy shot , had my vanguard level just below next rank for a few days. Turn it in and get a new auto rifle (up for anything ) which looks like a better shadow price (my fab gun in June game ) . Also managed to buy a new warlock chest.

Don't even have the expansion until next week but glad I can get a start on levelling

And what about the Christmas folks or anyone getting the vanilla game soon?

This...

A fellow neogaffer is getting this for Christmas with a PS4 I am jumping on board the PS4 train and getting Destiny for it...

I hope he is prepared...

If he isn't not a problem I love the game enough I will get him the expansion but god-damn this is lame.

Yes. You have to play the new ROC playlist for engrams. Level 26 strikes. But of course they still reward the same amount of marks and reputation as Tiger. Can't have people progressing too fast after all.

Are you shitting me, Bungie???
One of the reasons I was looking forward to the expansion was the new playlist levels and that it would probably (following a certain logic) give more rep and marks for doing them.

I'm done.

E92 M3

Can you get to 31 by keeping an old maxed exotic armor piece and adding to it 3 new legendary DLC armor pieces maxed or do you need 4 new DLC legendary armors or 3 new DLC armor pieces and a "new" upgraded exotic armor piece?

I've been thinking of this as well. It seems like all of the armor will need to be upgraded to stay competitive for the raid.

Yeah, I get that. Just tough for me as I got systematically screwed by RNG in VoG.

Well, it could have just been a whynotboth.gif.

Removing the crptarch engrams from the regular strike playlists is a pretty ugly message to send. Bungie has made some mistakes with Destiny, but many of them were part of their learning process. This was deliberate and serves only to hurt non-DLC players. It's pretty offensive, IMO.

Wait, they actually removed the engrams for the regular strikes? I was thinking it might have been glitchy or something. If not, that sounds very sleazy.

Oskins

Neo Member

It's pretty rough. It's harder in a different way than VoG was. When VoG came out it was hard because the majority of people were under geared and once you started leveling up and getting 300dmg guns it became easier and easier.

In Crota's End you can throw six level 30's with max gear and get absolutely stomped.

I feel Bungie is taking the approach of using the gear you get within the raid to help you beat the raid later.

So the fix to make vanguard strikes worth doing has been gimped because of dlc and they are only useful now for using marks to buy gear BETTER then vault of glass drops.

yeah, whatever Bungie, you big dicks.

Did the 6 patrol missions on Moon and in that process ranked up my Vanguard. Needed Chest or Helm to get to 30 so I go collect my rewards. It gives me a chest piece for a Titan, I'm a Warlock.

Wasn't too bummed out though, used my commendation to buy the helm.

The whole point of these games is progression. Didn't you have any fun running VoG and getting your gear? Then you were 30, and it allowed you to run VoG HM, didn't it?.
the progression should have been "hey, all my work in the VoG is going to pay off because now I have top line gear for the level 32 raid coming out soon". It gave people something to work towards, preparing for a greater challenge down the line.

What they ended up doing is indefensible

Izuna

Banned
General Strike Chesse (for boss)

If you have invisibillity, as soon as you enter the room go into a small hold in the wall on the second floor (opposite to the entrance) -- the boxes there on the side give you almost complete protection.

The boss, if you take out its shields, will never fight you back unless it does its charge attack, which you can precison shot it out of with a sniper (flinch -- so in Nightfall you can't). The plan is the go back, wait for invisibiliy, hit its shields down then do as much damage as possible.

The boss will summon trouble however. When it screams, it is summoning other fire shielded warlocks. Your plan is to take them out first. With one person staying back to revive or if solo, take your time to hit them once and then run. Without Arc Burn this strat is perfect as they won't kill you fast enough, but with Arc Burn you need to be safe.

1st time: 1 Warlock (one or two shots to the head will kill it)
2nd time: 1/2 Warlocks (same as before but kill both before fighting boss)
3rd time: 1 Warlock, 1 Major Warlock (kill the little guy first, and use rockets for the major)
4th time: 2 Major Warlocks (you should be able to kill it here without worrying about them)

With 2 people and at least one of them being Bladedancer, this boss is piss easy using this cheese.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Presumably you're only locked out when those strikes are in rotation, but yes, that's rough as well.

This update has brought out some behaviors from Bungie that are very atypical for Bungie like. I wonder the extent to which Activision was involved.

They have some explaining to do. People are understandably upset. Between it and removing the level 28 daily story mission lower level players got screwed, even with the DLC.

Nightfall, Weekly Heroic and the VoG were the only things I enjoyed doing in Destiny.
I don't want to spend £20 on the DLC (don't think it's worth that much), and now that the nightfall and Heroic are locked off for me until next week, leaving me with only the VoG to do.
Depending on how hard it is to find PUGs for VoG now, I'm kind of out of things to do :(

GhaleonEB

Wait, they actually removed the engrams for the regular strikes? I was thinking it might have been glitchy or something. If not, that sounds very sleazy.

Correct. The rewards for strikes are identical now, but with engrams removed. There's not really any other way I can think of to interpret this. They removed important rewards from players and shifted them to the DLC playlist. Really unfair thing to do.

On the plus side - it looks like they raised the strength of rare engrams. The stuff I just got from running the daily heroic story mission was the normal Rustburner armor and boots, but had a max light level of 18 instead of 15. That should help players get one level higher with the same gear.

Of course, it's been pulled from the non-DLC strike playlists, so it's more difficult to come by now. :\

I am seeing reports that Commendations are only required for Helms and Chest pieces from Vendors. Can someone confirm? If ao, I should be able to buy a couple pieces today.

MADGAME

I'm excited for the new Raid, but disgusted by Bungie's systems and mechanics designed to slow progress and now locking others out of content. Last straw for me in a consistently deteriorating player experience.

Never played Halo, this is my first Bungie game. Love the gameplay, hate their philosophies and treatment of people who put money in their pocket to provide for their families. Learned my lesson preordering DLC, wish I could return it for my money back because they don't deserve it.

I will play the content I paid for then I'm out. Cram your BS up your Hive Hole, Bungie.

1) Get home, turn in a bounty, level up vanguard. Profit? (Probably not).

2) Then kill Xyor the Unwed. Get NEW Thorn. Definitely profit.

3) Run Eris missions. Run Nightfall(s). Maybe the weekly heroic. Probably a little profit. Perhaps a bee's dick worth of profit.

Is this "correct" in terms of what I should be doing? I am raiding on Friday with my group so that is off the table until then. What else should I be doing?

Klyka

Banned
Really? How?

Jump down. Run towards first lantern, immediately take a left at the path.

There is a door. If an orange gem above it is glowing there is a chest behind. If not, let yourself be killed,respawn and check until it does.

Jito

Banned
Just load on up the raid,
head on down to the dark below, face the light ahead and walk to the first junction in the path, turn left and head straight ahead through some doors in the dark. The chest will be behind the doors.

spyder_ur

Correct. The rewards for strikes are identical now, but with engrams removed. There's not really any other way I can think of to interpret this. They removed important rewards from players and shifted them to the DLC playlist. Really unfair thing to do.

On the plus side - it looks like they raised the strength of rare engrams. The stuff I just got from running the daily heroic story mission was the normal Rustburner armor and boots, but had a max light level of 18 instead of 15. That should help players get one level higher with the same gear.

Of course, it's been pulled from the non-DLC strike playlists, so it's more difficult to come by now. :\

Yeah, that's a little lame, but keep in mind the vendor gear now starts at 24 and maxes at 33, vs. 18 and 27. That's going to make the jump from 20 to 26-27 much much shorter. So lame to lock it behind the DLC though - I love Tiger Strikes when I don't have much else to do.

Fistwell

Correct. The rewards for strikes are identical now, but with engrams removed. There's not really any other way I can think of to interpret this.
As much as I'm rdy to jump to conclusions myself, they did own up to that "1rst daily package gone missing" thing being a bug and said they'd fix it. So, in theory, this could be similar, unintentional whoopsie.

But then of course, in theory, theory and practice are the same; but in practice, they never are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom