• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Correct. The rewards for strikes are identical now, but with engrams removed. There's not really any other way I can think of to interpret this. They removed important rewards from players and shifted them to the DLC playlist. Really unfair thing to do.

On the plus side - it looks like they raised the strength of rare engrams. The stuff I just got from running the daily heroic story mission was the normal Rustburner armor and boots, but had a max light level of 18 instead of 15. That should help players get one level higher with the same gear.

Of course, it's been pulled from the non-DLC strike playlists, so it's more difficult to come by now. :\

Sometimes I wonder who makes these decisions at Bungie...certainly can't be the player advocacy group.

Correct. The rewards for strikes are identical now, but with engrams removed. There's not really any other way I can think of to interpret this. They removed important rewards from players and shifted them to the DLC playlist. Really unfair thing to do.

On the plus side - it looks like they raised the strength of rare engrams. The stuff I just got from running the daily heroic story mission was the normal Rustburner armor and boots, but had a max light level of 18 instead of 15. That should help players get one level higher with the same gear.

Of course, it's been pulled from the non-DLC strike playlists, so it's more difficult to come by now. :

That is a really shitty move. I have been cautiously optimistic that the progression system for the new DLC wouldn't have been as limiting as people feared, but of course they had more surprises in store that were not communicated beforehand.

This is low of Bungie. Shameful that non-dlc buyers are now second class citizens. Why can't non-dlc buyers just keep on playing vanilla destiny unchanged. Same rewards, Playlist and payouts etc, just lock out DLC gear.

this sucks for new adopters, Bungie are really shunning new players into buying full DLC even if they are just starting off and not gonna touch any DLC missions for weeks or over a month since these new players are well new to the game.

it's like they are eltisit-ising the game for a niche audience (us)

EL CUCO

I'm excited for the new Raid, but disgusted by Bungie's systems and mechanics designed to slow progress and now locking others out of content. Last straw for me in a consistently deteriorating player experience.

Never played Halo, this is my first Bungie game. Love the gameplay, hate their philosophies and treatment of people who put money in their pocket to provide for their families. Learned my lesson preordering DLC, wish I could return it for my money back because they don't deserve it.
I will play the content I paid for then I'm out. Cram your BS up your Hive Hole, Bungie.

Right there with you man. It's kind of shocking, actually. I played a ton of Halo and never experienced any of this stuff. I have one main mission...achieve Flawless Raider and get the Platinum.

After that, just having fun with our crew on the new stuff. Definitely made up my mind on this being my last stand with Destiny, though.

I don't even see a new trophy list for the DLC...

Namikaze1

All my new Titan gear are nearly maxed out. Haven't unlock most of the armor things due to lack of mats. Gonna buy a bunch of them with my other characters

Deku Tree

I'm excited for the new Raid, but disgusted by Bungie's systems and mechanics designed to slow progress and now locking others out of content. Last straw for me in a consistently deteriorating player experience.

Never played Halo, this is my first Bungie game. Love the gameplay, hate their philosophies and treatment of people who put money in their pocket to provide for their families. Learned my lesson preordering DLC, wish I could return it for my money back because they don't deserve it.

I will play the content I paid for then I'm out. Cram your BS up your Hive Hole, Bungie.

Right there with you man. It's kind of shocking, actually. I played a ton of Halo and never experienced any of this stuff. I have one main mission...achieve Flawless Raider and get the Platinum.

After that, just having fun with our crew on the new stuff. Definitely made up my mind on this being my last stand with Destiny, though.

I am not liking the lockouts but I already bought the Digital Guardian Edition so Bungie already got my money for the next DLC too...

LiK

Someone should count the number of times this has been said in the 11 Destiny OTs. I think we've all been there.

Nope, I mean what I said. I said that after I check out the new content like the raid and new maps, I'm done with his game until next Expansion. I'm only playing this cuz my Raid crew requested me to join them. I don't like the new grind system and I have other games to play anyway.

If we do well in the Raid, I will stick with them as far as I can go. But I really do not plan on sticking around beyond that.

hydruxo

Swordbearers
are no joke. God damn. Took us all of 10-20 min to do the first part, but we've been stuck on the
Swordbearers for 6 hours. We can't get past the part with the two ogres after we all get across the bridge.

spyder_ur

Nope, I mean what I said. I said that after I check out the new content like the raid and new maps, I'm done with his game until next Expansion. I'm only playing this cuz my Raid crew requested me to join them. I don't like the new grind system and I have other games to play anyway.

If we do well in the Raid, I will stick with them as far as I can go. But I really do not plan on sticking around beyond that.

Sorry if that came off wrong. I wasn't doubting that, I just meant to comment on how this game has driven all of us (seemingly) there at some point.

hydruxo

It's pretty rough. It's harder in a different way than VoG was. When VoG came out it was hard because the majority of people were under geared and once you started leveling up and getting 300dmg guns it became easier and easier.

In Crota's End you can throw six level 30's with max gear and get absolutely stomped.

I feel Bungie is taking the approach of using the gear you get within the raid to help you beat the raid later.

Yep. Our whole fireteam is gaffers with maxed out gear and we're still getting destroyed. The amount of adds they throw at you in this raid is insane.

LiK

Sorry if that came off wrong. I wasn't doubting that, I just meant to comment on how this game has driven all of us (seemingly) there at some point.

Oh, that's okay. It's all good.

I think the way they're doing the DLC strikes is definitely gonna drive out anyone who didn't get the DLC at this point. Lots of casual players haven't reached the end game so they're not even thinking of getting the Expansions.

Heh, finally got a lot of my Destiny Wish-List over the weekend... feel like Destiny be trollin me. Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge, and a God of War shader.

1) I am just happy the DLC didn't take 45 min to install.
2) Jesus the difficulty is ramped up. Now the AI resorts to cheating. What the hell was eating my health during the first missin for crota?

that was some BS.

All my weapons feel like trash now.

can't wait to get off work to play all night.

So do I need to purchase new weapons, or wait for Xur to see what I can upgrade?

Legendary weapons pre DLC are basically garbage now right?

So rank up commadations are not 100% every time you level, you get a chance to get one from packages

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yep. Our whole fireteam is gaffers with maxed out gear and we're still getting destroyed. The amount of adds they throw at you in this raid is insane.

I like it. Honestly, VoG was way too easy, so I'd be happy if the new one was harder.

MADGAME

I am not liking the lockouts but I already bought the Digital Guardian Edition so Bungie already got my money for the next DLC too...
Playing with you guys is fun for sure. I preordered the limited/legendary/sucker version too.

Maybe there is a new Spirit Bloom Cave somewhere lol

Shito

going by streams on twitch, it might explain why some people never got one today with their stored packages.

To be honest, with all the silly changes made to the game today I believe it.
Wait.
Isn't it just that stored packages pre-DLC do not give one?

E92 M3

going by streams on twitch, it might explain why some people never got one today with their stored packages.

Ah stored packages makes sense since they originated pre-DLC. Same as engrams.

Hiko

Banned
1) I am just happy the DLC didn't take 45 min to install.
2) Jesus the difficulty is ramped up. Now the AI resorts to cheating. What the hell was eating my health during the first missin for crota?

that was some BS.

All my weapons feel like trash now.

can't wait to get off work to play all night.

So do I need to purchase new weapons, or wait for Xur to see what I can upgrade?

Legendary weapons pre DLC are basically garbage now right?

Even the post DLC legendaries are garbage. Exotics are the only things worth a damn now. And maybe the new Raid weapons.

GhaleonEB

Yeah, that's a little lame, but keep in mind the vendor gear now starts at 24 and maxes at 33, vs. 18 and 27. That's going to make the jump from 20 to 26-27 much much shorter. So lame to lock it behind the DLC though - I love Tiger Strikes when I don't have much else to do.

I understand this point, and it is a good thing. HOWEVER.

Leveling legendary gear takes a lot of ascendant materials. If you don't have access to the non-matchmaking modes (weekly Heroic, Nightfall strikes, raids) then gathering ascendant materials is very time consuming. The only reliable way to get them is the daily heroic story missions. That's been my primary way of getting the materials for my current legendary gear.

The level 26 story mission grants 1 ascendant material per day. The level 28 granted 2. With this update, Bungie swapped out the level 28 story with the level 30, for the same rewards. So now there's a gap from level 26 --> 30 in the daily story options.

This means myself, a level 27 player, is back to doing the level 26 daily missions, since level 30 is simply too punishing for me to pull off. The rate at which I can earn ascendant materials has been halved.

So yes, I could buy new legendary gear in the tower. But I've spent two weeks, including a raid run where I got nothing but ascendant materials, leveling my current legendary gear. All in all I'm about 2/3 of the way through gathering the ascendant materials required.

Swapping out to new legendary gear will 1) knock my level down at least one peg (I'm barely level 27), and 2) take nearly twice as long to re-level due to my getting shut out of the higher level daily heroic mission.

They moved the carrot out of reach.

Deku Tree

Stored packages give the old stuff. Packages that were leveled up today give commendations. Never heard that commendations were random, they just don't apply to previously earned packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom