• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this better not be true
h0C4GCZ.gif

going by streams on twitch, it might explain why some people never got one today with their stored packages.

To be honest, with all the silly changes made to the game today I believe it.
stored pre-DLC packages? That doesn't surprise me at all, much like the stored engrams. Leaving something that's already so artificially limiting to chance would be another bad decision in a long line of them already.

I've been really taken aback by the sheer amount of poor decision-making that we've seen in Destiny so far. DeeJ doesn't make things any easier to swallow in his dialog with the community; it comes off as nothing more than corporate PR placation. I feel bad for the guy on a certain level, since he's being told what can and can't be said, but still...ugh.

I'm excited for the new Raid, but disgusted by Bungie's systems and mechanics designed to slow progress and now locking others out of content. Last straw for me in a consistently deteriorating player experience.

Never played Halo, this is my first Bungie game. Love the gameplay, hate their philosophies and treatment of people who put money in their pocket to provide for their families. Learned my lesson preordering DLC, wish I could return it for my money back because they don't deserve it.

I will play the content I paid for then I'm out. Cram your BS up your Hive Hole, Bungie.

This a hundred times.

LordofPwn

I appreciate the use of spoiler tags on here today. I've got an hour before i head home for lunch and maybe the first dlc mission, then back to work for like 4 hours and then home to do more story and then raid time. still holding out for an ETA of 4 hours. I've been made aware of enemy strength and numbers. i will be tweaking my strat slightly. got to use dat heavy ammo. it's there for a reason.

So I'm rolling around with a level 28 Warlock, and I've been playing recently with one of my friends who got onboard who is a level 21 Titan. Is there anything for us to do cooperatively in The Dark Below? Or is he going to be too low leveled for everything?

Would VoG legendary Primary weapons still be of use? Only Legendary Weapons with Elemental attributes.
the new vendor weapons can be leveled up to max out at 331 damage (instead of the old 300). The new legendaries all outclass the VoG weapons in damage now.

Is the elemental attribute useful? Sure. But you'll want the higher damage for the new raid

Rainmaker

Banned
Since the VoG never dropped the Titan leg armor for me I have been stuck at 29 forever so I bought the Holdfast Type 1 legendary leg armor from the Vanguard. Then after the daily I was awarded a legendary gauntlet engram. It then decrypted to the exotic Ruin Wings!

I've never in all of my time playing had a purple decrypt to an exotic. I've had to buy all of my exotics except for two completed exotic bounties. As down as I am on a lot of the changes in this game these moments are nice to have still.

I... uh....

Welp.

If I remember correctly, Bungie themselves said they were surprised at how many people beat the Raid. They must have thought it was too much fun so they upped the difficulty (same with the Nightfall, I guess?). It's definitely harder than VoG and not because you have to figure out the mechanics. The enemies themselves are extremely aggressive.

Zephyl

Anyone found a fresh legendary engram for weapons yet? are legendary guns 302 start also?

I have early this morning, I want to say that they start at 272. I also found a thunderlord and a heart of praxic fire. Thunderlord was 302, and Heart was at 444 with 30 light already.

Shito

I've been really taken aback by the sheer amount of poor decision-making that we've seen in Destiny so far. DeeJ doesn't make things any easier to swallow in his dialog with the community; it comes off as nothing more than corporate PR placation. I feel bad for the guy on a certain level, since he's being told what can and can't be said, but still...ugh.
Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion on him as well.
I work in the industry, I have community managers around me and I know how hard of a job it can be, but Deej's attitude is slowly getting on my nerves.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I understand this point, and it is a good thing. HOWEVER.

Leveling legendary gear takes a lot of ascendant materials. If you don't have access to the non-matchmaking modes (weekly Heroic, Nightfall strikes, raids) then gathering ascendant materials is very time consuming. The only reliable way to get them is the daily heroic story missions. That's been my primary way of getting the materials for my current legendary gear.

The level 26 story mission grants 1 ascendant material per day. The level 28 granted 2. With this update, Bungie swapped out the level 28 story with the level 30, for the same rewards. So now there's a gap from level 26 --> 30 in the daily story options.

This means myself, a level 27 player, is back to doing the level 26 daily missions, since level 30 is simply too punishing for me to pull off. The rate at which I can earn ascendant materials has been halved.

So yes, I could buy new legendary gear in the tower. But I've spent two weeks, including a raid run where I got nothing but ascendant materials, leveling my current legendary gear. All in all I'm about 2/3 of the way through gathering the ascendant materials required.

Swapping out to new legendary gear will 1) knock my level down at least one peg (I'm barely level 27), and 2) take nearly twice as long to re-level due to my getting shut out of the higher level daily heroic mission.

They moved the carrot out of reach.

Why not just team up with other players? You can easily do daily/weekly heroics and the nightfalls at level 27 - just team up with other gaffers. I've run countless people through nightfalls, even if I've already done it.

LiK

Bungie has been cryptic over this game forever. Even the devs couldn't answer a simple question at The Game Awards.

Coconut

Banned
Why not just team up with other players? You can easily do daily/weekly heroics and the nightfalls at level 27 - just team up with other gaffers. I've run countless people through nightfalls, even if I've already done it.

finding people to play with is easier said than done a lot of the time.

So are you guys going to break doewn your legendary armor piece by piece as you upgrade them through the vangurad dude?

Should I start replacing my raid gear with whatrs availiable at the tower?

I am not sure what to do.

E92 M3

the new vendor weapons can be leveled up to max out at 331 damage (instead of the old 300). The new legendaries all outclass the VoG weapons in damage now.

Is the elemental attribute useful? Sure. But you'll want the higher damage for the new raid

They couldn't even get the Vex to 331 to be on par with vendor items. It still bothers me how quickly they completely disregarded progress from the VOG.

Strider

Seems everything I've read makes it seem like most people aren't really happy with the new content :/ Mainly because there isn't much.

lunlunqq

So the new raid has been out for a couple of hours and a lot of you have tried it. And I have a very important question for you all: have any cheese been discovered yet???? You know the delicious CHEESE!!!

EL CUCO

If I remember correctly, Bungie themselves said they were surprised at how many people beat the Raid. They must have thought it was too much fun so they upped the difficulty (same with the Nightfall, I guess?). It's definitely harder than VoG and not because you have to figure out the mechanics. The enemies themselves are extremely aggressive.

With armor bonus perks like "do bonus damage to stronger hive enemies" I figured this would be the case.

I love the VoG because the mechanics are freaking cool. But this shit of just throwing more enemies at us with more HP is lazy.

I'm looking forward to our blind run, tonight so I can firmly express my displeasure lol

So are you guys going to break doewn your legendary armor piece by piece as you upgrade them through the vangurad dude?

Just stop worrying and play the new content. Honestly when I realized how much time I put into this game and that it was a second job I had to take a step back. Give yourself a day to enjoy then hit the grind.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
finding people to play with is easier said than done a lot of the time.

It's really, really not. I hate when people say this. There are tons of players who play on here and look to team up, and destinylfg is a fantastic tool for finding a group. Nowadays, for nightfall, I go on destinylfg and post "starting a nightfall, need 2 more, join up" and within 3 minutes I have a full team. It's not as easy as matchmaking but it's really no excuse not to do that content.

I plan on making an alt and giving it hand me downs. Can at least do Nightfall and Weekly with it. Gonna need those coins even more than ever.

I've leveled the vanguard 3 times for 3 packages and the cryptarch twice now since the DLC.

Nothing but shards, energy and blues. Nothing new.

This game can go fuck off. I've never been so down on a day when a game gets new DLC.

Shito

With armor bonus perks like "do bonus damage to stronger hive enemies" I figured this would be the case.

I love the VoG because the mechanics are freaking cool. But this shit of just throwing more enemies at us with more HP is lazy.

I'm looking forward to our blind run, tonight so I can firmly express my displeasure lol
The biggest issue seems to be that at 30 people are underleveled.
Once people start to reach 32, it'll become way easier.

Strider

What I've gathered about the raid...

It's actually easier than VoG as a whole but teams are severly gimped being level 30 with 300 attack weapons and just can't deal the damage needed.

Anyone confirm or deny?

simple question about the raid.

is it fun? is it worth the money for people who don't play pvp?

just wondering how i'd recommend the dlc to someone considering the quality of the pve content.

So the new raid has been out for a couple of hours and a lot of you have tried it. And I have a very important question for you all: have any cheese been discovered yet???? You know the delicious CHEESE!!!
there are a lot of cheese proof mechanics in place this raid. I found something I consider cheese but who knows if it's cheese or working as intended

I had fun and it was exciting as well as frustrating being underleveled. I can't say either way if it's worth your money, though.

Trakan

Jump down. Run towards first lantern, immediately take a left at the path.

There is a door. If an orange gem above it is glowing there is a chest behind. If not, let yourself be killed,respawn and check until it does.

I've done this for like 20 wipes, and it's yet to spawn there.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

just wondering how i'd recommend the dlc to someone considering the quality of the pve content.
Nothing is fun when you're stuck for hours lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom