• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played for about a month, so apologies if this is a stupid question but what is the "I" in the corner of certain purchasable armour/weapons? I'm guessing it might mean you need the DLC to use it but I can't see any warning.

Iceman829

1) I am just happy the DLC didn't take 45 min to install.
2) Jesus the difficulty is ramped up. Now the AI resorts to cheating. What the hell was eating my health during the first missin for crota?

that was some BS.

All my weapons feel like trash now.

can't wait to get off work to play all night.

So do I need to purchase new weapons, or wait for Xur to see what I can upgrade?

Legendary weapons pre DLC are basically garbage now right?

Spawn the guy and then turn left run towards the wall and make a left. Run into the first cave on your right and he won't follow you in all the way (invisible wall). Shoot him as you please. I had one add spawn in the room and run out of it. I used unupgraded predlc vanguard weapons I leave on my alt.

GRIP

So supposedly someone beat the raid. I'm not sure which group so I can't confirm anything, but the stream I've been checking out has a bunch of people in the chat saying that a group did beat it. Anyone here know who?

I understand this point, and it is a good thing. HOWEVER.

Leveling legendary gear takes a lot of ascendant materials. If you don't have access to the non-matchmaking modes (weekly Heroic, Nightfall strikes, raids) then gathering ascendant materials is very time consuming. The only reliable way to get them is the daily heroic story missions. That's been my primary way of getting the materials for my current legendary gear.

The level 26 story mission grants 1 ascendant material per day. The level 28 granted 2. With this update, Bungie swapped out the level 28 story with the level 30, for the same rewards. So now there's a gap from level 26 --> 30 in the daily story options.

This means myself, a level 27 player, is back to doing the level 26 daily missions, since level 30 is simply too punishing for me to pull off. The rate at which I can earn ascendant materials has been halved.

So yes, I could buy new legendary gear in the tower. But I've spent two weeks, including a raid run where I got nothing but ascendant materials, leveling my current legendary gear. All in all I'm about 2/3 of the way through gathering the ascendant materials required.

Swapping out to new legendary gear will 1) knock my level down at least one peg (I'm barely level 27), and 2) take nearly twice as long to re-level due to my getting shut out of the higher level daily heroic mission.

They moved the carrot out of reach.
To the bold: Ghaleon, you gotta start doing the Public Events. Use this website and you can clear one in no time at all for more guaranteed Ascendant Materials. You can do others as well, but there's no guarantee that you'll get an AM reward for it.

As for the gear, don't equip the armor until you get it at least leveled up to where you are now.

Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion on him as well.
I work in the industry, I have community managers around me and I know how hard of a job it can be, but Deej's attitude is slowly getting on my nerves.
I don't even want to imagine how much shit DeeJ gets dumped on him by the other communities besides GAF, but in times where there seems to be a collective "WHAT??" from players regarding Bungie's tactics, I would never want to be in his shoes. I also have to wonder if he really buys what he's selling. The "it doesn't matter what I think, only what the players think" line just doesn't seem genuine to me. The guy HAS to have an opinion, and to not show it AT ALL as the face of a company who listens to feedback seems weird and robotic.

Klyka

Banned
So I am a bit weirded out that you can't replay the first DLC mission. You only get the second and third but not the very first one.

I understand this desire to get upgraded VoG weapons, but do you really want to re-grind the same content for old weapons which you already own? Bungie can go fuck themselves if they did this

To be honest I haven't ventured into VOG for a month or two now. If it drops upgraded weapons I might give it another run again

Shito

So supposedly someone beat the raid. I'm not sure which group so I can't confirm anything, but the stream I've been checking out has a bunch of people in the chat saying that a group did beat it. Anyone here know who?
This just appeared in the chat of the stream I am watching.

https://twitter.com/LtJohn5/status/542345729079914496/photo/1

Don't know if it's legit or not.
Or if it even means anything (maybe you can just buy it? ^^)

hydruxo

So the new raid has been out for a couple of hours and a lot of you have tried it. And I have a very important question for you all: have any cheese been discovered yet???? You know the delicious CHEESE!!!

You can
go up the stairs where you spawn during the Swordbearers after 3 of your team has made it across and the adds won't come up after you

That's the only cheese we've found so far

After playing the Raid for a good 6 hours, here's my definitive review:

ht5BOnK.gif

Can i only access the new strikes via the playlist?

I'm trying to be positive on this, but there is just so little here. Really upset with myself for picking the version w/ the season pass.

CornDogg

Yeah, feeling that too. It's like we are reset back to week 2.

I don't necessarily mind the gear reset. I'm used to old gear becoming obsolete from when I played WoW.

That said, I do think 3 months is too short of a gear reset cycle. At least with WoW, new expansions were a year or two apart.

What's depressing to me is that it seems like the new content just isn't very good. I was (naively, I guess) hoping that Bungie would have learned some lessons from the criticisms about the original content and improved the storytelling and the mechanics in the new stuff.

Maybe they have, though, and I just need to try it for myself before I rush to judgment. *Sigh*

E92 M3

Haven't played for about a month, so apologies if this is a stupid question but what is the "I" in the corner of certain purchasable armour/weapons? I'm guessing it might mean you need the DLC to use it but I can't see any warning.

It means it's from expansion I.

Klyka

Banned
Can i only access the new strikes via the playlist?

I'm trying to be positive on this, but there is just so little here. Really upset with myself for picking the version w/ the season pass.

no, you can choose the mars one normally and the earth one you need to unlock by doing all the quests from the new quest giver

Sounds like those new Raid Weapons that deal "bonus damage against stronger hive enemies" are going to be essential.

And makes VoG weapons (even if we find out they were stealth buffed) with bonus oracle damage useless.

Face it guys, its time to leave VoC and Fatebringer behind...

I don't necessarily mind the gear reset. I'm used to old gear becoming obsolete from when I played WoW.

That said, I do think 3 months is too short of a gear reset cycle. At least with WoW, new expansions were a year or two apart.

What's depressing to me is that it seems like the new content just isn't very good. I was (naively, I guess) hoping that Bungie would have learned some lessons from the criticisms about the original content and improved the storytelling and the mechanics in the new stuff.

Maybe they have, though, and I just need to try it for myself before I rush to judgment. *Sigh*

I would be fine with the reset if there was a bit of an overlap. Why not have the new Raid be Level 28 with 32 Hard mode. I spent so much time grinding to level 30 and hitting it exactly the day before DLC hits and prepping for the DLC hoping it would help, but sounds like it is a fools errand and I would have been better served just taking it easy and picking up Vendor gear.

At least now I know what to expect for Exp II and I won't waste as much time on this game. I have better things to do.

Bought chest , boots and tomorrow after a few more marks will get gloves. Then on the weekend level up my exotic helm and I should be well on the way to 31 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom