• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Got a Legendary package from the Cryptarch
  • It's all Blues
  • Decrypt
  • Legendary Helm
  • It's for a Warlock
  • I'm playing a Hunter

20121220202006!Bungie_Logo.png

Rollercoaster RNG train ride.

Rainmaker

Banned
So many ridiculous decisions here. One being the only difference between the level 26 strike playlist rewards and the 24 strike playlist rewards is the engram.

EL CUCO

Anybody find out if VoG is now dropping weapons with updated attack values?

I can't let my Fatebringer go! Firefly works so good on Thralls

Zakalwe

Banned
Need a other for the new raid.

We're at
Crota, we seem to have a good strat. Just need I execute it.
Psn: astropoff

Fitts

Sorry for asking again and sorry for not reading more, but I didn't receive a response and can't risk the possibility of raid spoilers. Does anyone know if drops from vault of glass (fatebringer etc) now start at the new attack level? What about armor drops from vog? Also, is there any way to ascend pre-dlc legendary gear at all or is it now all obsolete?

Sorry for asking again and sorry for not reading more, but I didn't receive a response and can't risk the possibility of raid spoilers. Does anyone know if drops from vault of glass (fatebringer etc) now start at the new attack level? What about armor drops from vog? Also, is there any way to ascend pre-dlc legendary gear at all or is it now all obsolete?

No one knows yet. No one running Hard VoG this morning.

get a sword from a blade of crota on earth or go into the "sword of crota" mission, take the sword, let a group of thralls/dudes surround you and do a "super smash".

LOL, I didn't notice it but I seem to have completed while doing the Sword kills bounty without realizing it

Namikaze1

My Titan lucked out today. New boots, new gauntlets, new helmet, and new chest. Only bought three (helmet, boots, and gauntlets) and got the chest from the engram. With all of the Vanguard bounties complete, my chest, boots, and gauntlets are nearly maxed out. If I do the crucible ones, I'll have all four fully maxed before the raid later this afternoon.

My Titan lucked out today. New boots, new gauntlets, new helmet, and new chest. Only bought three (helmet, boots, and gauntlets) and got the chest from the engram. With all of the Vanguard bounties complete, my chest, boots, and gauntlets are nearly maxed out. If I do the crucible ones, I'll have all four fully maxed before the raid later this afternoon.
after you max out you armor levels, could you tell us if you end up being 31 or 32 light level?

How'd you manage that?

CornDogg

I would be fine with the reset if there was a bit of an overlap. Why not have the new Raid be Level 28 with 32 Hard mode. I spent so much time grinding to level 30 and hitting it exactly the day before DLC hits and prepping for the DLC hoping it would help, but sounds like it is a fools errand and I would have been better served just taking it easy and picking up Vendor gear.

At least now I know what to expect for Exp II and I won't waste as much time on this game. I have better things to do.

I did the same thing. I wanted to make sure I hit 30 before the DLC dropped. Not necessarily to be ready, but just for the completion of a personal goal. I suppose it was a waste of valuable resources, but oh well. Lol.

I probably should have just bought new vendor gear too.

And removing content from people who didn't purchase the DLC is crazy. The game was starved for content already.

Dave_6

No one knows yet. No one running Hard VoG this morning.

I'll be running one tomorrow night with some fellow GAFers. We're all still hunting the Vex (and Fatebringer for me). I don't have one character that's a 30; Hunter is a 29, Warlock a 27 and the Titan is a 12 lol.

I'll be running one tomorrow night with some fellow GAFers. We're all still hunting the Vex (and Fatebringer for me). I don't have one character that's a 30; Hunter is a 29, Warlock a 27 and the Titan is a 12 lol.
You can buy legendary armor that had light level 33.
Destiny |OT12| But I dont wanna give up Fatebringer
Winner!

Yeh we seem to be doing okay for dps with IB and Ghype.

The strat seems solid, but the windows are super tight.

What stage are you at?
I won't have time till tomorrow :/ but yeah I won't ask more. Don't wanna ruin too much :p

Namikaze1

after you max out you armor levels, could you tell us if you end up being 31 or 32 light level?
Will do. :)
How'd you manage that?
I had 185 Vanguard marks. I spent those on the gauntlets and helmet (once I got the commendation from vanguard leveling up). I spent what I had left of the Crucible marks on the boots. I saved a bunch of blues for Rahool and he ended up giving two legendary chest engrams. One turn into a chest for a Hunter and the other for my Titan.

Strider

One 28 and four 29s were among the first to beat Crota's end? What are you people complaining about the difficulty?

Where are you seeing that? If you went to their Bnet profile they have probably switched gear since beating it.

Edit: Read the spoiler tag on the link

LordofPwn

One 28 and four 29s were among the first to beat Crota's end? What are you people complaining about the difficulty?

Wait seven members of their team sounds weird...

Primeguard dethroned?

1 person left. 6+1=7
And they got new gear they are leveling. i believe they had 1 lvl 31 and 5 30s at the time of completion.

Just a couple of circles away on my chest piece from having a full set of light 33 armour. Yay! :) The pre-grind paid off.
None of my packages gave me a legendary engram. I'm about to finish the bad juju bounty and use that as my primary, since I don't want to spend marks on a new weapon from the vanguard and I need a weapon with more than 300 attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom