• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all those using spoiler tags for raid encounters/mechanics/surprises. I think it was agreed we could lift that on 12/16 (one week from today). It really means a lot to those of us heading in blind with our groups this week.
You should probably update the OP with that bit of info

ocean

Banned
So two questions for the Raiders:

Vault of Glass: are weapon drops now 331 attack? Because if so, I need a new Fatebringer quick.

Crota's End: at level 30 with 300 attack weapons is this doable or masochism? I guess I'll hit 31 by Friday with Xûr's help but I'm curious what the baseline is.

I'm 3 for 3 on the story missions.

Not 3 for 3 as in completed.

3 for 3 as in, Holy shit I'm about to die, lets titan smash to see if I can pull this off. *BOOM* Dead.

Game Over in

Press [] to Respawn...

I'm not actually trying to do this, it's just how it's happened all 3 times.

soundpross

Neo Member
Thank you to all those using spoiler tags for raid encounters/mechanics/surprises. I think it was agreed we could lift that on 12/16 (one week from today). It really means a lot to those of us heading in blind with our groups this week.
Word appreciated. can't raid till tonight....tho i did spoil myself by reading about that first chest lol T_T

Iceman829

Ah I've just thought.

I buy 3 Vanguard pieces. I can probably level them up before the weekend, switching gear over when I hand in bounties.

The only missing piece is my Exotic helmet.

But... If I upgrade it via Xur, what am I gunna wear instead? :-(

I thought I read an upgraded helmet at Xur starts at 30 light as the base. Don't quote this as fact, but I read it somewhere.

This is how a progression game works. You work hard for loot, so you can be ready to have it replaced by even better loot later. Your work to get the loot was not a waste. Aside from time savings and overall preparedness for new content, endgame content and loot acquisition is the core fun of a game like this.

As I have always said, and will always say - if you did not enjoy progressing your character, you should find something else to do with your time. If you are frustrated, angry, not enjoying the game...stop playing! It's not about the destination, it's about the path you took to get there. If that doesn't sound enjoyable to you, then this game (any loot game, for that matter) isn't for you.

Bravo, sir. I don't post on GAF a whole lot anymore, but this post caused me to delurk and say thanks for posting almost exactly what has been on my mind as I read through all the comments on TDB this morning. Some of the stuff Bungie could have communicated better, but overall - I get it. It makes me happier that I've bought the DLC, and I'm looking forward to getting new gear and leveling it up.

I don't look back at the time spent getting to 30, or time spent raiding VoG as wasted - it was an absolute blast. It's part of the reason why I can't wait to get started on the next leg of this journey!

zlatko

Banned
I remember the days I could just put a fucking disc into my console and play. The end.

This will be my 4th attempt to install this onto my PS4 now. If it gets stuck at 60% again. I'm done with Destiny then.

Every time It re downloads the 75.09MB update as well. Now it won't go past 9.58GB. Nothing I find online shows this issue or a resolution.

FML.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's a nice little Catch-22. To properly do the new raid you need to be 31. To get to 31 you need to do the new raid... (I know parts are doable at 30).
Not that I don't want to hit 31 in a timely fashion, but I sort of feel like becoming as proficient as possible in the new raid at 30 will be a trial-by-fire in preparation for Hard, which will apparently be at an "unmatchable" level
You should probably update the OP with that bit of info
Good idea, thank you

Yeah, I'm amazed at how unspoiled the raid is for me after browsing this thread all morning. Let's keep it that way until 9PM tonight please...! And of course, until 12/16 :)

Vault of Glass: are weapon drops now 331 attack? Because if so, I need a new Fatebringer quick.

Crota's End: at level 30 with 300 attack weapons is this doable or masochism? I guess I'll hit 31 by Friday with Xûr's help but I'm curious what the baseline is.
That's something which is wishful thinking. When I have time, I will definitely run tho VoG and see what happens. I def do want a 331 fatebringer. Like no one knows :p
Edit: mobile gaf

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Where exactly does the enemy for the hand of crota bounty spawn? I think I'm in the right place, but I haven't seen them spawn yet.

edit: nevermind, found it

SystemUser

It's a nice little Catch-22. To properly do the new raid you need to be 31. To get to 31 you need to do the new raid... (I know parts are doable at 30).

Vanguard gear is better than old Raid gear now. Old Raid gear = 30 light. New Raid gear = 36 light. New Vanguard gear is 33 light.

I have a checkpoint at the 2nd part of CE. Got so close but people had to sleep. If anyone needs 1 at that spot let me know! Or I can start fresh with an alt (L30)

Ok, this thread has been moving really fast so this question might have been already answered. Are commendations all the same or are they faction specific? For example, would I be able to use a commendation I earned ranking up dead orbit to buy something from vanguard?

I remember the days I could just put a fucking disc into my console and play. The end.

This will be my 4th attempt to install this onto my PS4 now. If it gets stuck at 60% again. I'm done with Destiny then.

Every time It re downloads the 75.09MB update as well. Now it won't go past 9.58GB. Nothing I find online shows this issue or a resolution.

FML.
I assume you've reset your router and all that jazz
Is there another wireless/wired network you could connect to to download it?
Could you tether with your phone?
Ok, this thread has been moving really fast so this question might have been already answered? Are commendations all the same or are they faction specific? For example, would I be able to use a commendation I earned ranking up dead orbit to buy something from vanguard?

Not faction specific, but Vanguard/Crucible specific

Ok, this thread has been moving really fast so this question might have been already answered? Are commendations all the same or are they faction specific? For example, would I be able to use a commendation I earned ranking up dead orbit to buy something from vanguard?

Vanguard rank ups provide Vanguard commendations.
Faction / Crucible rank ups provide Crucible commendations.

This is my understanding of it...

I'm now officially past 30!

Awesome, nice job!

Entropy912

Neo Member
So basically all the grinding to get raid gear and hit level 30 was pointless unless you wanted to be one of the people who jumped into the raid immediately. If you have a large enough stock of vanguard marks and one commendation you can buy three pieces of new vanguard gear (commendation only needed for chest or helm). If you have an exotic for the piece you're missing and fully upgrade all of them you can get to level 31 almost immediately. Now you're just doing the new raid to try and get the new raid gear to hit 32, just like before.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
can anybody photoshop me up a Speakerboxxx/The Dark Below album cover with The Speaker on the left and Eris on the right for OT12

zlatko

Banned
I assume you've reset your router and all that jazz
Is there another wireless/wired network you could connect to to download it?
Could you tether with your phone?

Not faction specific, but Vanguard/Crucible specific

I'm not experiencing any network issues. Already reset router just in case. It's the disc version of the game. All game updates, like the 2.44GB update run smooth and fine. The actual install of the game from the disc is causing the issue it seems. Royally confused, but here goes attempt #4.

What stinks is I first have to wait for the 2.44GB to download which takes about 15-20 minutes.

Ombala

So basically all the grinding to get raid gear and hit level 30 was pointless unless you wanted to be one of the people who jumped into the raid immediately. If you have a large enough stock of vanguard marks and one commendation you can buy three pieces of new vanguard gear (commendation only needed for chest or helm). If you have an exotic for the piece you're missing and fully upgrade all of them you can get to level 31 almost immediately. Now you're just doing the new raid to try and get the new raid gear to hit 32, just like before.

It will be the same way when the next DLC releases prob.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Precisely, yes, and it will always be that way. If you grind maniacally to hit cap as soon as possible as it is raised you are essentially doing so for the right to get there first. It will always be easier to "catch up" to the previous cap for newcomers/more casual players.

Wouldn't Armor Of Light + Helm of Saint-14 really help on the
1st section, with the Thralls and the Beacons
of the raid?

We found fist of havoc worked better for that section. You need need to beeline to the bit before the bridge and melt as fast as possible. Striker is pretty useful in this raid since you've gotta be on the move a lot in general.

Added.

I'd like to form a party to tackle the new raid next Tuesday, beginning at 7 PM EST. If you'd like to take part, please be level 30, mic'ed, and equipped with maxed weapons of various damage types (I'm betting we'll have some Wizards to contend with, so make sure you have a trusty solar wep).
when is this? how long until 7pm EST? can I go to sleep? :|

It will be the same way when the next DLC releases prob.

It will be the same way forever! That's how it works!

You will never get a piece of gear which will forever be the best. That's not how progression games work. Your gear is designed to get you through the next challenges which will provide even better gear.

That's not going to change.

Ever.

spyder_ur

I'm curious about this as well. Scheduled to go out tonight. I'm 29 but can get to 30 but would have to use a shard and it's not my ideal piece. Leaning towards doing it anyways. You are headed out with us too at 7, right?

Is your throat a little scratchy? Perhaps you have Strep.

Did someone fart on your pillow? Perhaps you have Pinkeye.

Either way, it's a reason to go home and play Destiny.

WebMD says it might be cancer. You might want to take the rest of the month. Trust me. I'm a doctor.
Not quite

Ambitious

I've been avoiding this thread because of spoilers. How much light is needed to hit level 31? Or rather, how many upgraded pieces of gear do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom