• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropy912

Neo Member
Precisely, yes, and it will always be that way. If you grind maniacally to hit cap as soon as possible as it is raised you are essentially doing so for the right to get there first. It will always be easier to "catch up" to the previous cap for newcomers/more casual players.

Yeah I guess that sounds about right. I kinda wish they made it a little more difficult to get the new +33 light gear (I'm biased because I spent many hours trying to get my last piece of raid gear from VoG) rather than just spending marks. For those of you who are level 25-28 and are going to be getting the new vangaurd / crucible gear to get up to 31 and haven't run VoG before, I highly recommend still doing it even if it is rather useless now. It's a lot of fun.

Entropy912

Neo Member
A few questions (apologies if they've been answered already)
1. Is there any reason to do VoG anymore?
2. Can you only get the new raid helm from Crota's end on hard mode just like before?

So two questions for the Raiders:

Vault of Glass: are weapon drops now 331 attack? Because if so, I need a new Fatebringer quick.

Crota's End: at level 30 with 300 attack weapons is this doable or masochism? I guess I'll hit 31 by Friday with Xûr's help but I'm curious what the baseline is.

I'm 99% sure that (old) raid weapons will not increase in power with new drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I guess that sounds about right. I kinda wish they made it a little more difficult to get the new +33 light gear (I'm biased because I spent many hours trying to get my last piece of raid gear from VoG) rather than just spending marks. For those of you who are level 25-28 and are going to be getting the new vangaurd / crucible gear to get up to 31 and haven't run VoG before, I highly recommend still doing it even if it is rather useless now. It's a lot of fun.
It's super totally not useless! :D

1. VoG gear still provides a viable path to 30 (for the time being my Titan will be hanging onto his VoG chest, going for new vendor gloves/boots, and an exotic helm)
2. Ascendant shards and energy are needed for the NEW legendary, non-raid gear- get tons both from chests and dismantling duplicate gear drops
3. Any exotics that drop will be at the new, 302 light base
4. The raid primaries will remain considerably useful for the time being

I'll be running an old-timey Normal mode VoG tonight at some point btw :p

Ambitious

new or old exotic?

Upgraded. I just did the math. Three upgraded pieces with 33 light = 99 light. With an old exotic, you'd have 129 light in total.

A few questions (apologies if they've been answered already)
1. Is there any reason to do VoG anymore?
2. Can you only get the new raid helm from Crota's end on hard mode just like before?

I'm still going to do it regularly. My Warlock doesn't have the helmet, and my Titan doesn't have any piece of raid gear at all. Yes, it's useless now, but I kinda feel like collecting it.
Apart from this: Shards + Energy.

Korosenai

Anyone here beat the raid yet?

The first part is super easy for my friends and I now. We can get to the bridge almost every time now. The only problem is surviving that final standoff.

Might run Hard VoG tonight to those still interested for materials, gear, and XP. Depends on how long it takes to run through all TDB missions and Nightfall.

Need Fate bringer and Hawkmoon. Tonight is the night dammit.

131, I believe.

Looking at the 31 who was in Innvigorate clan that beat Crota,
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433400299/2305843009241180587#gear

It looks like you need 132 light to be 31. That means all four pieces of Vanguard/Crucible gear at max level. (4x33 = 132.) If you look at the character's level bar you can see it's flat level at 31 - not a hair over.

Doing three pieces of Vanguard and an 'old' Exotic will only get you to 129 light level. Close but no cigar. (3x33 = 99 + 30 = 129.)

Just want confirmation, but the new exotics, like Dragon Breath, are only available if you have the DLC, correct? Someone posted saying everyone will have the chance to get the new exotics..

rNilla

Damn, with Chain of Woe this Another NITC scout rifle reloads instantly.

EDIT: Duh, I have a scout rifle reload perk on my gauntlets.

Iceman829

Guys.

The Fireteam image Bungie posted. It has 7 people in it.

Can 7 people run the raid at once????

No. Someone left and another person took their place. The level 31 joined at the end I believe. They needed a boost in damage over time. The lower level wasn't cutting it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking at the 31 who was in Innvigorate clan that beat Crota,
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433400299/2305843009241180587#gear

It looks like you need 132 light to be 31. That means all four pieces of Vanguard/Crucible gear at max level. (4x33 = 132.) If you look at the character's level bar you can see it's flat level at 31 - not a hair over.

Doing three pieces of Vanguard and an 'old' Exotic will only get you to 129 light level. Close but no cigar.
Or 3 new vendor pieces and one new/upgraded exotic, or 2 new vendor pieces, a new raid piece, and an old exotic...

also
can anybody photoshop me up a Speakerboxxx/The Dark Below album cover with The Speaker on the left and Eris on the right for OT12
pretty pleeeeeaase
Old raid gear from VOG
Ascendant mats

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm gonna have to come up with a "routes to 30 and 31" table or something hahaha. someone has seen a piece of Crota's End gear right, is it 3 light above the new vendor base?

Entropy912

Neo Member
Upgraded. I just did the math. Three upgraded pieces with 33 light = 99 light. With an old exotic, you'd have 129 light in total.

I'm still going to do it regularly. My Warlock doesn't have the helmet, and my Titan doesn't have any piece of raid gear at all. Yes, it's useless now, but I kinda feel like collecting it.
Apart from this: Shards + Energy.

Aside from collecting it, there's really no point anymore since you can get better gear from the vendors right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom