• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 3 new vendor pieces and one new/upgraded exotic, or 2 new vendor pieces, a new raid piece, and an old exotic...

Ha! True - I wasn't thinking about the 'new' exotics. And new raid gear I thought was a given. I'll be very curious if Xur has helmets for sale, or upgraded, this weekend.

Regardless -- your point stands.

I'm gonna have to come up with a "routes to 30 and 31" table or something hahaha. someone has seen a piece of Crota's End gear right, is it 3 light above the new vendor base?

I know some gear dropped for the Invigorate clan. Not sure which members though, and I don't have the time to go through the entire team, and their multiple characters unfortunately. Wouldn't DestinyDB or someplace similar have that info as well?

WipedOut

Holy shot , had my vanguard level just below next rank for a few days. Turn it in and get a new auto rifle (up for anything ) which looks like a better shadow price (my fab gun in June game ) . Also managed to buy a new warlock chest.

Don't even have the expansion until next week but glad I can get a start on levelling

Got that gun when I leveled up my Titan.

Got a blue and legendary Helm engram from my hunter, turned into energy :(

zlatko

Banned
Welp I'm officially out of ideas, and feel I am fucked.

I uninstalled the app and everything with it. I wait for the 2.44GB update, and when it goes to the install screen it's at 61% instead of starting from scratch....I don't understand. If I got rid of everything for Destiny off my PS4 it should be at 0%, but it isn't.

To make matters worse I left this on over night last night and it didn't transfer game content worth a shit. I think it made a .01 GB upgrade. Right now it hangs here for minutes on end with nothing past 61%.

What a rip. I got the $100 version of this game, and I can't enjoy any of this new content due to install bull shit. Ugh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh damn, I definitely gotta bear in mind how you can level an exotic to "almost max" with no ascendant materials or exotic shards now. will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Hey guys quick question. I've been at level 28 for about two weeks now and need 18 ascendant shards to get to level 29. If I buy armor from the crucible or vanguard vendors, how close would that put me to 30? And is there any guaranteed ways of getting ascendant shards? Because everytime I do something that rewards me with ascendant materials, I'm always given ascendant energy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know some gear dropped for the Invigorate clan. Not sure which members though, and I don't have the time to go through the entire team, and their multiple characters unfortunately. Wouldn't DestinyDB or someplace similar have that info as well?
I looked on DestinyDB but it didn't seem to display the Light? Weird.
Hey guys quick question. I've been at level 28 for about two weeks now and need 18 ascendant shards to get to level 29. If I buy armor from the crucible or vanguard vendors, how close would that put me to 30? And is there any guaranteed ways of getting ascendant shards? Because everytime I do something that rewards me with ascendant materials, I'm always given ascendant energy.
Depending on how it is you made it to 28, super close to 30.

And the only guaranteed "shards for sure" come from dismantling legendary armor pieces. When you buy your new vendor gear you can dismantle the old piece to get shards to put toward it if you're really starved.

you should join my VoG normal raid tonight. i bet you'll walk away with some.

ocean

Banned
I'm curious about this as well. Scheduled to go out tonight. I'm 29 but can get to 30 but would have to use a shard and it's not my ideal piece. Leaning towards doing it anyways. You are headed out with us too at 7, right?
Real sorry man but I won't be playing tonight :/ let me know if you can't find an alt though, I wouldn't let a run be ruined because of me!

Just ignore all your current armour basically... With a full set of the new vendor armour, you can hit 31.

To the guy above with installation issues, ace you tried calling the help desk?

Entropy912

Neo Member
How does one go about converting an old exotic to a new exotic? I have an exotic titan from pre-DLC that I never touched. Do I have to do something to it to make it a "new" exotic?

ocean

Banned
Cauldron > Pantheon > Dogshit > Skyshock
I think they just used Earth Patrol area and said "ok fight here". It's so fucking ridiculously big I have no idea where anyone is.

Cauldron on the other hand - that's just perfect. There should be a Cauldron playlist.

jaaz

Here's my new warlock vanguard gear, with Thunderdevil. Now to upgrade it and get to 31. It's so sad to be at 27 again! Lol

10634021_834587909916940_3084858391043337201_o.jpg

And here's what it would look like with the new Eres shader:

10397013_834588096583588_2643260416266322094_o.jpg

LkPr

I looked on DestinyDB but it didn't seem to display the Light? Weird.

Depending on how it is you made it to 28, super close to 30.

And the only guaranteed "shards for sure" come from dismantling legendary armor pieces. When you buy your new vendor gear you can dismantle the old piece to get shards to put toward it if you're really starved.

you should join my VoG normal raid tonight. i bet you'll walk away with some.

What time are u raiding VoG tonight Hawk?

So it took 1 hour to do all the sorry missions and the quest line to get the strike. Then 30 minutes for the strike on Nightfall.

Wow. 80% of it was recycled content, enemies, areas, etc.

Basically the only reason to buy the expansion is the Raid.

Not impressed.

So it took 1 hour to do all the sorry missions and the quest line to get the strike. Then 30 minutes for the strike on Nightfall.

Wow. 80% of it was recycled content, enemies, areas, etc.

Basically the only reason to buy the expansion is the Raid.

Not impressed.

Are the story missions any good at least? That's really all I care about.

Entropy912

Neo Member
How did you have enough marks to get them all???

Once you reached level 28-30 vanguard marks were pretty useless pre-DLC since you got better gear / weapons from the raid so they just accumulated really fast. I had like 4-500 across two characters before I bought a bunch of vanguard gear.

This is such bullshit, 3 vanguard packages today and not ONE piece of new gear. All shards and shit. Fuck this game. Plenty of people here getting armour on their only package.

This game does an awful job of rewarding people for the time they put in this game. Bungie get your shit together.

jaaz

How did you have enough marks to get them all???

Two level 30 warlocks, each with 200 marks. Luckily, they were both close to upgrading the vanguard and I got lucky and got 2 commendations from the packages.

With all of this extra upgraded armor that I won't be using, maybe I'll make a third warlock--lol

This is such bullshit, 3 vanguard packages today and not ONE piece of new gear. All shards and shit. Fuck this game. Plenty of people here getting armour on their only package.

This game does an awful job of rewarding people for the time they put in this game. Bungie get your shit together.

I've got two pieces of armor from Cryptarch packages, but they were for two different classes :/

Once you reached level 28-30 vanguard marks were pretty useless pre-DLC since you got better gear / weapons from the raid so they just accumulated really fast. I had like 4-500 across two characters before I bought a bunch of vanguard gear.

That's 3 same classes? I have 3 characters, one of each class, and they can't buy armour for another class

Ambitious

Just to make sure I'm not misinformed: The Vanguard/Crucible gear is completely new. But for gear from DO/FWC/NM, only the stats have changed (e.g. light). The gear looks exactly the same as before. Is this correct?

Aside from collecting it, there's really no point anymore since you can get better gear from the vendors right?

Yeah, I don't think there is.

Where they old packages? I see a lot of people with old packages at the postmaster who are not getting any new gear. I guess for new packages only.

I think this DLC is the last straw for me. I have a blind raid run with my raid group on Thursday and on the weekend do salvage and get my platinum and never play this game again. I can't believe how shitty it's been so far. Did the 3 story missions and the nightfall and feel thoroughly ripped off

Entropy912

Neo Member
How does one go about converting an old exotic to a new exotic? I have an exotic titan from pre-DLC that I never touched. Do I have to do something to it to make it a "new" exotic?

From what I've gathered you need to turn in an old exotic to xur + glimmer and maybe an exotic shard and he will give you the "new" version of the same exotic with the higher defense / light cap. So fully upgrading an old exotic to a new exotic requiers two exotic shards, one for the exchange, one for the final upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

Korosenai

Get the first chest, I get the new energies and my friends get cool shit.

Beat the first part, I get the new shards and my friends get raid gear.

Gg rng.

Definity

I enjoyed the three story missions. Wish there were more but I had fun with them, especially the last one.

I need to check out the new pvp maps next!

Ambitious

3 pieces of vendor gear maxed and one +30 light exotic won't get me to 31, will it?

Upgraded. I just did the math. Three upgraded pieces with 33 light = 99 light. With an old exotic, you'd have 129 light in total.

Nope. You need 131 light.

From what I've gathered you need to turn in an old exotic to xur + glimmer and maybe an exotic shard and he will give you the "new" version of the same exotic with the higher defense / light cap. So fully upgrading an old exotic to a new exotic requiers two exotic shards, one for the exchange, one for the final upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. 7000 glimmer and an exotic shard. The "new" weapon will have higher def/light caps, but it will be completely unupgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom