• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. You need 131 light.

Fantastic :/

I think this DLC is the last straw for me. I have a blind raid run with my raid group on Thursday and on the weekend do salvage and get my platinum and never play this game again. I can't believe how shitty it's been so far. Did the 3 story missions and the nightfall and feel thoroughly ripped off

yup, the amount of BS in the DLC is too much. Finally starting to feel disillusioned. REALLY enjoyed the raid but everything else...not sure if it's worth the headache.

fCPCVhj.gif

Ahahaha that scared the shit out of me.

But yeah, the reaction is appropriate.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
From what I've gathered you need to turn in an old exotic to xur + glimmer and maybe an exotic shard and he will give you the "new" version of the same exotic with the higher defense / light cap. So fully upgrading an old exotic to a new exotic requiers two exotic shards, one for the exchange, one for the final upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

The fact that you have to wait for Xur to do this is the dumbest thing.

seriously, without being as abrasive, bungie needs to understand the reason vehicle combat, and furthermore the maps they're designed for, simply doesn't work in this game. There's a reason why vehicles largely go ignored in favor of snipers.

-vehicles in their halo games served as vessels to move you around the map quicker and give you more power. you're faster than you were in Halo and arguably more powerful than destiny's vehicles on spawn, which renders that aspect of them redundant.

-vehicles in this game are also considerably easier to take out, whereas in Halo, you had to control power weapons or teamshoot them to destroy them. Or you know, get in another vehicle. That balance created an incentive to use the vehicles, which Destiny lacks.

-furthermore, because the vehicles in this game are so fast, the maps need to accomodate this with a lot of open space. open space breeds snipers, which everyone can spawn with. until Halo 4, you'd never see more than 4 snipers on a map in Halo at a time, the most common count being 2.

These 3 things are why vehicle combat and vehicle maps in Destiny will never work. Skyshock is an abysmally designed mess of dead space and ridiculous sightlines that don't encourage map movement or strategic play.

Daemul

Does anyone know whether you get crucible commendations for levelling FWC, NM and DO rep, or is it just by levelling crucible rep?

EDIT:Nvm, yes you can. I got my answer from Reddit.

Is crotas end actually viable as a level 30?

No

I think this DLC is the last straw for me. I have a blind raid run with my raid group on Thursday and on the weekend do salvage and get my platinum and never play this game again. I can't believe how shitty it's been so far. Did the 3 story missions and the nightfall and feel thoroughly ripped off

It's exactly the same for me. Christmas is coming so I'll just play GTA V.

Geneijin

Playing the raid and having to come back to actually do the new old grind to progress in the new raid is making me want to quit after today once I run the raid with all my friends.

Nodnol

Woop.

Leveled up Vanguard.

Got TDYD, and a commendation.

Bought the Crucible legs with spare marks.

Had 159 Van. marks, so bought the chest and arms.

All the questions in here shows just how fucked up and convoluted this whole system is.

Marks/Reputation/Commendations/Light

What a shit show.

yup, the amount of BS in the DLC is too much. Finally starting to feel disillusioned. REALLY enjoyed the raid but everything else...not sure if it's worth the headache.

Honestly the raid is the only reason I bought the DLC but after playing the story missions and the nightfall last night I feel like this game is a total waste of time.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the raid. Did you finish it?

It is already beaten, I guess it is cool from what I have heard. I think the end result is going to be a lot of cranky gamers realizing that not a lot of content was given for the $20 price tag.

That is an understatement

Honestly the raid is the only reason I bought the DLC but after playing the story missions and the nightfall last night I feel like this game is a total waste of time.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the raid. Did you finish it?

No after a certain point it becomes REALLY REALLY hard.

Need to get to 31 before trying again.

Vereataes

Neo Member
RNGesus was very kind today.

Bought my boots and gloves, got the leveled vanguard for the commendation package. Received the Helmet and bought the chest with commendation.

Then did nightfall and had the exotic hunter gloves drop (I am a hunter, so call good).

Hit level 31! luck as hell really

I looked on DestinyDB but it didn't seem to display the Light? Weird.

Ok, it was driving me nuts so I looked around. Planet Destiny has a quick little article written up on the Raid completion with the gear received linked.

Raid gear definitely has 36 Light max.

Link to Raid Gear received with screenshot of light level:
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1736102875

Article containing the other gear dropped:
http://planetdestiny.com/congrats-crota-end/

That new ship looks sweet if you ask me.

RNGesus was very kind today.

Bought my boots and gloves, got the leveled vanguard for the commendation package. Received the Helmet and bought the chest with commendation.

Then did nightfall and had the exotic hunter gloves drop (I am a hunter, so call good).

Hit level 31! luck as hell really

Must be nice!

This game sucks at providing an even playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom