• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Did they already patch this? No chest for me :/

Not that I've heard of, it took me a good few attempts before it appeared. People were saying before you just die and reload the checkpoint whilst I was going to orbit each time. Not sure which is the right way but keep trying!

Fresh Crota Raid starting in about 30 min-45 min. PSN.

-Subtervotion lvl 30
-Primatibus lvl 30
-DReam lvl 30
-
-
-

Looking for all 30s. Doesn't matter if you go in blind or not. Quote to be added!

E92 M3

I casually play and I'm utterly screwed at level 27. :\

You're not screwed at all. Since you are playing casually, the time investment wasn't there for you so the pain is absent. Just get some marks and buy the vendor armor and you'll be good to go. Granted it'll be at a slower pace, but you will get there. Now, for players such as myself that put in hundreds of hours, our progress was ostensibly reset. That hurts.

No kidding. I would actually be better off had I stopped a month ago. I would have a stockpile of shards and be able to purchase level 31 gear to get a good jumpstart. Now I have some 31 gear but no shards since I pumped them all into VoG raid gear the last 2 weeks.

Yes, a lot of resources were blown on raid gear. Thankfully, I selectively maxed my weapons have a lot of energies saved.

Doesn't look like there's as many cool mechanics as VOG. Its already been beaten.

Level 31 enemies in swarms is most of it.

Ugh...I guess I was stupid for hoping for more puzzles?

The jumping puzzle was the most fun part of VoG for me...and it lasted about 10 seconds. I was hoping there would be like an "Indiana Jones running from the boulder" kind of part or something where you had to race through obstacles or a maze on sparrows while this giant thing or enemy was coming after you.

But much like the rest of this game it's sounding like the new Raid is just enduring waves of bullet sponges. Neat.

Deku Tree

Eh it's not really that decent when most people aren't into every aspect of the game. I passively play PVP as it's just ok, it's just far too unbalanced to enjoy properly. The Raid is too much effort for my tastes, I prefer playing by myself really so I don't Raid much at all. So all I was really interested in was the 3 story missions and the strikes, the story missions were pretty short and lacklustre and the strikes are existing mission areas in reverse with a boss stuck at the end.

Do you think they should have sold all the different parts of the DLC separately?

GhaleonEB

You are OP

That can't be right. Hitting 29 should be relatively trivial now, at least :-/ What's the limiting factor?

Ascendant materials.

There's a path for leveling if you can regularly do the non-matchmaking stuff, and one for if you can't. The latter just got much harder.

Edit: This thread is getting very frustrating to post in. I'm outside the bubble of content you guys are running, looking in. I think I'm going to take a hiatus at this point.

squadr0n

I still dont understand the whole exchanging exotic weapons with Xur. If someone feels like explaining it to me it would really help since Bungie doesn't think its necessary. Is he at the tower now to do it?

Ryck

Not that I've heard of, it took me a good few attempts before it appeared. People were saying before you just die and reload the checkpoint whilst I was going to orbit each time. Not sure which is the right way but keep trying!
Ok thanks will keep trying, do you have to kill anything? Only one door opens for me.

Did they already patch this? No chest for me :/

There are two doors. If it's not in the first one, continue along the wall and it should be in the second one. It's a random spawn.

Doing the raid shows that Titans are invaluable. Strikers and Defenders. Best class for the raid.

Matchew

This thread is kind of depressing right now. Thought people would be a little more excited.

I'm happy with it. I think most people are just upset that the materials they used on on leveling to 30 are pretty much wasted, have to start all over again, and in 3 months probably have to start all over again.

I'm happy with it. I think most people are just upset that the materials they used on on leveling to 30 are pretty much wasted, have to start all over again, and in 3 months probably have to start all over again.
Pretty much this, I just dont feel like re-grinding everything again till another 3 months.

Pretty much. They've made it so all your progress since the game launched is useless.

bachikarn

If all you want is the new raid material, can you do it multiple times a week or just once? If it's just once, leveling is going to take a while. guess I could make multiple characters

Jito

Banned
Do you think they should have sold all the different parts of the DLC separately?

They could have upped the amount of content and upped the price, I'd be happy to pay for more. At the moment I feel like the main chunk of the cost is for a Raid I'm not bothered about.

Ok thanks will keep trying, do you have to kill anything? Only one door opens for me.

No, I was sneaking by the enemies before they started swarming. Just keep at it!

It's just not that it'll be pointless in 3 months but if you're gonna do that you better add a hell of a lot more content than they have

Sigh not enjoying the raid, hitting too many glitches and we are still only on the second part. Well this was my first group for today we started at 9am EST. Hopefully my next group tonight we can knock it out faster

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This thread is kind of depressing right now. Thought people would be a little more excited.
Oh this is exactly what I expected here. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far :p My titan's gonna hit 30 before my Warlock I think, did not see that coming!

Ryck

There are two doors. If it's not in the first one, continue along the wall and it should be in the second one. It's a random spawn.

Doing the raid shows that Titans are invaluable. Strikers and Defenders. Best class for the raid.
Thanks got radiant energy.. Is it a one time spawn or will it keep spawning?

Sullichin

I enjoyed the story missions, but I was unsurprised and disappointed that they are in recycled areas with almost nothing new. Sepktis strike backwards as a story mission?! Come on. And there's only three of them! They made it seem like they tried a little harder with the story this time, lol. But these are really short missions. They're not bad and you don't have to scan things... but they're nothing special.

I like the new weapons / armor I was lucky enough to get, but I could have gotten most of them without the DLC anyway.

Jury is out on the PVP maps but I hate Skywatch so far because it's massive. It's like the entire patrol area from Cosmodrome. I am glad to have more variety though.

Will eventually do the raid, but I was never one to run VOG every week so there's not a tremendous value there for me either. Always annoying to find a group although I should really just play with you guys. In fact I'm more disappointed that the cool stuff I wasn't lucky enough to get in VOG is now not worth getting. Would really like some confirmation if new VOG legendary drops have the higher attack.

Oh this is exactly what I expected here. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far :p My titan's gonna hit 30 before my Warlock I think, did not see that coming!

Yeeep, can't say I'm surprised. Funny though, all these people that are complaining keep on playing...

Doodis

So I don't have to read every past post, can someone explain the new light levels? Seems like:

Vanguard gear=33
Raid gear=36
Iron Banner gear=?

Are there any details about what pieces of raid gear are locked behind the hard mode (e.g. the raid helmet in VoG)?

jaaz

I think there are many gamers playing Destiny that are not used to playing MMOs. Shucking your gear within 5 minutes of an expansion is par for the course in WoW, for example. I mean you literally find greens that are better than your previous raid gear. That includes weapons, and at least Destiny gives you an option to upgrade your exotics.

It is true that WoW and other MMOs do not come out with an expansion in just 3 months that makes your existing raid gear obsolete, and I think that's a fair point. I also thought the VoG raid gear would last longer, but at least it allows you to do part of the Crota raid.

realcZk

Goodbye pretty VoG gear, had to put on the lv31 rags
eY0EGDm.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I don't have to read every past post, can someone explain the new light levels? Seems like:

Vanguard gear=33
Raid gear=36
Iron Banner gear=?

Are there any details about what pieces of raid gear are locked behind the hard mode (e.g. the raid helmet in VoG)?
Iron Banner gear will, we think, be 33 when it comes on Tuesday. The second IB of this era will presumably have 2 raid-equivalent pieces, like last time.

I still dont understand the whole exchanging exotic weapons with Xur. If someone feels like explaining it to me it would really help since Bungie doesn't think its necessary. Is he at the tower now to do it?

Each week when Xur arrives with his wares, he will also have a selection of vanilla Exotics from pre-DLC that you can upgrade. Looks like 6 weapons and 2 gear per class. His selection for upgrade will be random. If he has an option to upgrade a piece of gear you own, you can pay 1 exotic shard (cost is 7 coins) and 7000 glimmer to have it upgraded to a new tier for Expansion 1. Progress is reset on the item and XP needs to be re-earned.

He still has the same hours at the tower. Wait till Friday.

Hoodbury

I'm still excited. But I was happy with the game before and am perfectly content with just slumming it in the crucible all night every night if I don't have anything else to do.

The weekly FunRun™ group is looking for one more 30 to come on a blind run of CE tonight at 9PM EST. We will only be running until around 10:30/11, and will probably take more shots at it later in the week.

The emphasis in this group is heavily weighted on fun / laid back, so please be both of those.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
5) ColonelOfCorn (phen0m24)
6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom