• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temidien

Neo Member
Oh this is exactly what I expected here. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far :p

Yea, I understand folks' frustrations, RNG has always been a hassle and the new mat complexities are confusing things in not-so-fun ways, but come on, guys. NEW STUFF! New things to work towards, new shaders to find, exotics to level, imbalances to exploit, and cheese to consume!

I feel like anyone who thought this $20 DLC would completely transform the game into what pre-launch hype made it out to be was just kidding themselves. It's more of the same and for those of us who have been enjoying the ride so far, there's plenty to be excited about here.

Sullichin

Iron Banner gear will, we think, be 33 when it comes on Tuesday. The second IB of this era will presumably have 2 raid-equivalent pieces, like last time.
WTF iron banner is back already this Tuesday? They really didn't give much time before making the last armor I grinded for obsolete.

Lol I already replaced my IB gear with new vanguard armor

wait. the new 26 strike playlist is just the same rewards for 24. They just made it harder without offering better rewards for the playlist as well?

lmao I don't know what I expected.

Jinjo

What the fuck at the weekly.

Any cheesespots? This is practically impossible. Probably not even gonna try nightfall this week. Fuck you Bungie, this is not challenge, just straight up ridiculous.

Geneijin

I think there are many gamers playing Destiny that are not used to playing MMOs. Shucking your gear within 5 minutes of an expansion is par for the course in WoW, for example. I mean you literally find greens that are better than your previous raid gear. That includes weapons, and at least Destiny gives you an option to upgrade your exotics.

It is true that WoW and other MMOs do not come out with an expansion in just 3 months that makes your existing raid gear obsolete, and I think that's a fair point. I also thought the VoG raid gear would last longer, but at least it allows you to do part of the Crota raid.
Explain to me how new gear is obtained in WoW compared to Destiny. Then you'll understand why the new grind is the old grind except worse because Destiny doesn't want the players to finish the game as it can only offer one measly raid as new content.

Yea, I understand folks' frustrations, RNG has always been a hassle and the new mat complexities are confusing things in not-so-fun ways, but come on, guys. NEW STUFF! New things to work towards, new shaders to find, exotics to level, imbalances to exploit, and cheese to consume!

I feel like anyone who thought this $20 DLC would completely transform the game into what pre-launch hype made it out to be was just kidding themselves. It's more of the same and for those of us who have been enjoying the ride so far, there's plenty to be excited about here.

I am just upset that the last month of grinding I did was a complete waste of time. I should have stopped at 29 and I would be at essentially the same place. That isn't anything to be bring excitement.

Hoodbury

The weekly FunRun™ group is looking for one more 30 to come on a blind run of CE tonight at 9PM EST. We will only be running until around 10:30/11, and will probably take more shots at it later in the week.

The emphasis in this group is heavily weighted on fun / laid back, so please be both of those.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
5) ColonelOfCorn (phen0m24)
6)
We'll also take 31's if you happen to get that beforehand too. :p

I think there are many gamers playing Destiny that are not used to playing MMOs. Shucking your gear within 5 minutes of an expansion is par for the course in WoW, for example. I mean you literally find greens that are better than your previous raid gear. That includes weapons, and at least Destiny gives you an option to upgrade your exotics.

It is true that WoW and other MMOs do not come out with an expansion in just 3 months that makes your existing raid gear obsolete, and I think that's a fair point. I also thought the VoG raid gear would last longer, but at least it allows you to do part of the Crota raid.

Eh? I had previous raid gear that lasted me well into expack raids in WoW, and those were (mostly) 10 levels apart.

We'll also take 31's if you happen to get that beforehand too. :p

Haha, oops. Thanks, and fixed!

The weekly FunRun™ group is looking for one more >= 30 to come on a blind run of CE tonight at 9PM EST. We will only be running until around 10:30/11, and will probably take more shots at it later in the week.

The emphasis in this group is heavily weighted on fun / laid back, so please be both of those.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
6)

Entropy912

Neo Member
Ugh...I guess I was stupid for hoping for more puzzles?

The jumping puzzle was the most fun part of VoG for me...and it lasted about 10 seconds. I was hoping there would be like an "Indiana Jones running from the boulder" kind of part or something where you had to race through obstacles or a maze on sparrows while this giant thing or enemy was coming after you.

But much like the rest of this game it's sounding like the new Raid is just enduring waves of bullet sponges. Neat.

That actually sounds really fun. Unfortunately it's too good of an idea for Bungie.

Any cheesespots? This is practically impossible. Probably not even gonna try nightfall this week. Fuck you Bungie, this is not challenge, just straight up ridiculous.

you basically have to stay in the bottom and chip away at the wizard's health bar when you aren't dodging mobs and the knight mortar at the back of the room.

it's such a poorly designed strike and it doesn't get much more interesting when you make your way into the room.

So this happened to me (I'm the guy at the bottom) during the Nightfall

B4bv0CYCcAIw1tM.jpg:large

lunlunqq

Eh? I had previous raid gear that lasted me well into expack raids in WoW, and those were (mostly) 10 levels apart.

The weekly FunRun™ group is looking for one more >= 30 to come on a blind run of CE tonight at 9PM EST. We will only be running until around 10:30/11, and will probably take more shots at it later in the week.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
6)

I'm all about FUN!!! PSN:lunlunqq. Lvl 30 everything.

I'm all about FUN!!! PSN:lunlunqq. Lvl 30 everything.

Then get ready for some FUN!!! And a lot of wiping, probably.

I'll send you an FR when I get home.

Blind run of CE tonight at 9PM EST. We will only be running until around 10:30/11, and will probably take more shots at it later in the week.

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
6) lunlunqq

phen0m24

1) scarletham
2) X-Frame
3) Hoodbury
4) coy
6)

This is me staring directly at bytestyle (realcZk) :) because he's already 31.
Then the rest of us can start our #Forever30 rant.
:p

And I'm excited about the game. I just get passive aggressive when they change stuff - aka make me grind again.
(I logged on at 5:30 this morning for pete's sake)

Edit: I just saw lun popped on. Good stuff.
You're not excused, Real. We need to play again, bro! :)

How are you guys doing this already???

Great more fucking energy from the raid. Fuck this!!!!!!

Byte has a serious addiction. It's probably life-threatening. He'll help me with the Nightfall later... which makes me an enabler. And then he'll probably solo the raid on Friday as a level 38 somehow. You just watch.

It's definitely doable. We did it with 3 people first attempt last night. Just be very very careful and revive each other a lot lol

I think I'm just gonna jump and and do the story missions a little bit of raiding and PvP this expansion.

Totally burned out after all the hours in the last 3 months. Totally resting progress after only 3 months for such little content and absolutely zero effort to try and give this game some sort of story is just not acceptable.

Just as well I have GTA and Driveclub is looking phenomenal now too. Plus there's a host of other games to play that's been put on the back burner for Deetiny.

So dissapointed.

i need 50 more crucible marks to hit 31 :/

OWAIT, my alt has enough to buy a helmet. if i do a shit ton of vanguard and level up maybe i'll get a commendation to buy a helmet

yeah , it doesn't make sense.. Raw, what are your thoughts so far since DLC? I haven't played it yet . thanks :)

Well I have not had time to really play that much lately. I loaded up the game, checked out the updated vendor's armor and weapon and looked at Eris's material. Solo first mission than jumped into the last mission of a fellow gaffer. And one of the new strike/nightfall. Still have not done the new raid but from what I gather, its so so. I guess the main thing that bothers me the most, is the re-grind without any real benefits for those that already grinded it out. Besides owning exotic weapons, which I only used IB. The vanguard and crucible commendations, which is earned by leveling up the fraction, is another method to slow down players. Overall 3 story missions, 2 strikes ( 2-3 crucible maps?) and a raid is not worth $20 when the game is bottlenecking your progress in leveling up. It's less than bare bone IMO and I bought the digital deluxe so I might as well make the best of it. I do like the former raid and playing with the GAF community so that's prob my reason to continue playing.

rNilla

Holy shit. I should've seen this coming. They hire a popular hollywood actor to do the voice of the most iconic character in the game and they can't even afford to get him back for DLC. Oh my god, this is beyond bad.

Dinklebot not being in the DLC is my favorite part so far.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Ok, so I did the Crota beginning solo and
i take a left at the junction before the first light and find the doors. Only one door opens and there is no chest.

Ami doing something wrong?

phen0m24

They hire a popular hollywood actor to do the voice of the most iconic character in the game and they can't even afford to get him back for DLC.

Oh I'm certain they can afford it.

Did they want him back?
"Here's what I've got on the Cabal.
800 pounds. Very militarized.
They destroy planets and moons just for getting in their way.
JUST so you know what we're dealing with." CRINGE

Anyone on XBONE want to run Crota's end fresh this evening at about 6:00pm central? (4 hours from now).

I really just want to do the first couple parts to see if I end up with any gear, then hold off on the other parts till I get to 31.

PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom