• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
What the fuck at the weekly.

Any cheesespots? This is practically impossible. Probably not even gonna try nightfall this week. Fuck you Bungie, this is not challenge, just straight up ridiculous.
I did Nightfall first with a team of 3 30s, all using maxed Fatebringers. It was challenging most of all because none of us had ever run that strike. Then we did Weekly for coins - blissfully easier.

Then I tried Nightfall as a 29 Warlock joining a 28 and a 30. The 28 was OHK being basically everything and I at 29 nearly so. It took like 45 minutes but with patience you can get it done.

When you're at the very last stage, my suggestion is basically always keep someone on the second-story ledge so you can't all die at the same time.

stb

Regarding VoG armor pieces vs TDB vendor armor, I assume losing the raid-specific perks of the VoG armor (generating orbs for oracle/vex/praetorian kills) is more than offset by the light level increase on the vendor gear?

I'm just wondering if I should immediately shard any VoG gear I have after getting the equivalent TDB vendor piece.

Ok, so I did the Crota beginning solo and
i take a left at the junction before the first light and find the doors. Only one door opens and there is no chest.

Ami doing something wrong?

Two doors. If it doesn't spawn at the first one, keep moving up the left wall and check at the next door. It can spawn at either.

Fitts

Is there no way to ascend legendary weapons to the new attack level? If not, I'll miss The Devil You Know greatly. The new vendor hand cannons are awful. Heck, the Chance looks to be the best one now!

jaaz

Eh? I had previous raid gear that lasted me well into expack raids in WoW, and those were (mostly) 10 levels apart.

Maybe it changed in recent WoW expansions but I distinctly remember receiving blue items from initial quests in the wrath of the Lich King expansion that were better than my top gear raid armor.

FStop7

Banned
Ugh...I guess I was stupid for hoping for more puzzles?

The jumping puzzle was the most fun part of VoG for me...and it lasted about 10 seconds. I was hoping there would be like an "Indiana Jones running from the boulder" kind of part or something where you had to race through obstacles or a maze on sparrows while this giant thing or enemy was coming after you.

But much like the rest of this game it's sounding like the new Raid is just enduring waves of bullet sponges. Neat.

Eh, but that kind of fits the Hive. They're a swarm. The problem is using the Vex, Cabal and Fallen as waves of bullet sponges... should have made the tactics more distinct for each faction.

Asbear

Banned
Oh I'm certain they can afford it.

Did they want him back?
"Here's what I've got on the Cabal.
800 pounds. Very militarized.
They destroy planets and moons just for getting in their way.
JUST so you know what we're dealing with." CRINGE

Well that's kinda their own fault for having terrible writing.

To Bungie:

Why the fuck is your Raid dropping radiant energy and shards for the nothing that I have that uses them?

Please use logic and reason in future game design, not addiction strategies and RNG bullshit that is akin to gambling.

Your game uses more currencies and mats than a F2P game, and you apparently don't know how to make a fun story mission anymore.

Sincerely,
Someone who is on their last thread of playing this shit show of a game

Maybe it changed in recent WoW expansions but I distinctly remember receiving blue items from initial quests in the wrath of the Lich King expansion that were better than my top gear naxarramas armor.

What Naxx gear? Revamped Naxx didn't come out until the Lich King, and original Naxx gear would've been being replaced in BC, not LK.

I haven't played WoW since LK, but I do remember my AQ40/Naxx gear from Vanilla being relevant in BC for Kara, Magtheridon, and Gruul - that's after 10 levels.

This isn't a WoW thread, but my point here is that even in other RPGs, top tier gear wasn't being outclassed as quickly as it is in this.

It's OP again.

i used it before the nerf, after the nerf, and now using it again it feels exactly like it did before they first patched it. The difference in damage is negligible.

Oh dear...

To Bungie:

Why the fuck is your Raid dropping radiant energy and shards for the nothing that I have that uses them?

Please use logic and reason in future game design, not addiction strategies and RNG bullshit that is akin to gambling.

Your game uses more currencies and mats than a F2P game, and you apparently don't know how to make a fun story mission anymore.

Sincerely,

I have two pieces of raid gear and they are basically paper weight until I can find 42 radiant shards.

phen0m24

Well that's kinda their own fault for having terrible writing.

Honestly, I love all the dialogue by Nathan Fillion. He would have given the Ghost a snarky edge, which would have been fun - making him more of a sidekick.

Every time I hear something from Kade in the game I wish he did the Ghost voice.

Honestly, I love all the dialogue by Nathan Fillion. He would have given the Ghost a snarky edge, which would have been fun - making him more of a sidekick.

Every time I hear something from Kade in the game I wish he did the Ghost voice.

Completely agree! Nathan Fillion would've been a great Ghost.

got raid boots and gauntlets but they need materials from the raid itself to upgrade so doesn't that mean i need to buy the vanguard gear and get up to 31 just to grind the raid so i can upgrade my raid gear?

WoAh, 2 raid gear from TDB raid? Nice. I wonder if chest and helmet pieces drop in normal mode raid

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
To Bungie:

Chill out dude. Even if you did have raid gear you would need tons of energy and shards to upgrade them so you have to do the raid again multiple times.

soundpross

Neo Member
Here you go Hawkian.
TheDarkBelow.png
Lol

Fitts

It's OP again.

i used it before the nerf, after the nerf, and now using it again it feels exactly like it did before they first patched it. The difference in damage is negligible.

You're 100% correct. Very disappointed that Bungie essentially re-instated the most broken PvP weapon in the game. They publicly state that Suros needs a nerf and then they make the Mythoclast more powerful than that. They also state that they don't want there to be one answer to what kind of weapon you choose for Crucible and then they make one stand far away from the pack. What the heck are they thinking/doing?

All the new RNG and grinding crap aside, I still cannot get over them calling this an "expansion" and not adding any new areas. The four tiny new rooms in the story/strike missions really are not enough. A single new area to patrol would have made me happy.

jaaz

What Naxx gear? Revamped Naxx didn't come out until the Lich King, and original Naxx gear would've been being replaced in BC, not LK.

I haven't played WoW since LK, but I do remember my AQ40/Naxx gear from Vanilla being relevant in BC for Kara, Magtheridon, and Gruul - that's after 10 levels.

This isn't a WoW thread, but my point here is that even in other RPGs, top tier gear wasn't being outclassed as quickly as it is in this.

Yes I know about Naxx, I edited, it was a long time ago! But the point is the same: There's better stuff you can get in the expansion on day one. If you're saying that all of it wasn't outclassed on day 1 that's a fair point. My point is that your stuff never carries over completely, it gets left behind after an expansion. Destiny is no different, it's just the lack of content and speed in which it becomes outclassed that makes it more apparent to people.

Greenymac

To Bungie:

Sincerely,

This sucks coming from you especially...We have great times playing and were both super excited to get the DLC and then they hit us with this shit sandwich...Im aglutton though, ill still play. Also, picked up my third thorn bounty....Woot!

ocean

Banned
How do you unlock the nightfall? I did the new story missions but it's still locked for me. :(
Eris quests (purple bounties). You do them all except the one that requires Xûr, the last one opens up the strike.
whats the best way to grind vanguard rep?
Probably Patrol missions tied to the Public Event schedule per area. Even faster if you have another person or two, as each mission counts for everyone and you can spread out to pick up many more.

Yes I know about Naxx, I edited, it was a long time ago! But the point is the same: There's better stuff you can get in the expansion on day one. If you're saying that all of it wasn't outclassed on day 1 that's a fair point. My point is that your stuff never carries over completely, it gets left behind after an expansion. Destiny is no different, it's just the lack of content and speed in which it becomes outclassed that makes it more apparent to people.

Absolutely agree with you on that point - a loot game is exactly that - a game about progressing your gear through content. My gripe, if I really had one, would just be that it's usually a tad more relevant in the expansion. I'm actually not all that upset, just playing devil's advocate :)

Did you complete the raid? I went through 3 drops and got nothing but energy and shards.

This game is ridiculous

Two drops from the first two parts of the raid.

That's for the new raid gear from Crota's End right? Can't you exchange for some of those shards for the shards you got from VoG?

Nope, that would be too convenient. You can only exchange radiant shards for radiant energy and vice versa.

You're 100% correct. Very disappointed that Bungie essentially re-instated the most broken PvP weapon in the game. They publicly state that Suros needs a nerf and then they make the Mythoclast more powerful than that. They also state that they don't want there to be one answer to what kind of weapon you choose for Crucible and then they make one stand far away from the pack. What the heck are they thinking/doing?

i'm afraid this time it's going to fly under the radar. haven't heard any cries to nerf it again because people think Bungie wouldn't basically reverse the knee-jerk nerf they gave it in the first place. but they did.

I have a soft spot for the gun so i don't want to see it ruined. but they still don't know what to do with it.

All the new RNG and grinding crap aside, I still cannot get over them calling this an "expansion" and not adding any new areas. The four tiny new rooms in the story/strike missions really are not enough. A single new area to patrol would have made me happy.

Yeah that's what's been really getting to me. It's a joke

Anyone doing a blind run on the new raid? I want in. I am level 29 though. I am not looking for some super team I just want to explore it before all secrets are known.

Jrmint

Who wants to group for the Nightfall and Weekly at 6pm Eastern?

1. Jrmint (Palom12 psn)

Level 29 - 30 only please after reading the impressions.

Fixed after reading Oceans post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom