• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I have played this game since 4am, it is now almost 4pm. Almost 12 hours with no new gear except Murmur and a shitty legendary from Nightfall.

Bungie needs to learn that time spent should equal reward, not crappy items, frustration and in motivation to continue.

Sorry man. RNGesus can be cruel. It sucks that these commendations are not guaranteed on a rep bump. I don't see a point to that other than to deliberately attempt to slow people's progress.

stb

So commendations aren't guaranteed when ranking each one up?

What the actual fuck

Has anyone confirmed this, first hand? I heard some complaining about it very early this morning, but I thought it was debunked, and that it was level-up postmaster packages that were received before the reset that were missing the commendations?

Has anyone actually gotten a NEW, post-reset level package that didn't have a commendation?

Not really feeling the story mission layouts so far but I do find it interesting that they now lock the area down when you get to the final encounter of the mission so that you can't run off or find some spot to cheese enemies.

Level 28 Daily should have stayed with Ass materials as a reward.

Agreed. Lvl 30 daily story missions seem unnecessarily grindy now as well, esp. for those of us that still haven't been able to get the necessary gear for Lvl 30.

WOOOOOOO!!!!

Level 31! Fuck yeah!
B4cKxjJCQAMWHk-.jpg:orig

nice. i'm right behind ya

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian find me a good heavy to go with these gloves while I sleep. I will trade you eight spacebucks when I wake up.
You thinking about upgrading super good advice btw?
so commendations are a random reward after leveling the vanguard?

if thats true.. what the fuck.
I would love an answer to this. Basically changes everything completely to the point where I'd have no desire to continue the plans I had for the day.

The wording on Bungie's part
Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level
"Upon reaching a new level" of a faction would appear to indicate that, regardless of what level it was, this would be the case. No remote reference to randomness was included as it was when discussing Xur's ability to upgrade certain items each weekend.

Please provide any confirmation that you, personally have with this experience.

Also, if you can, confirm whether or not commendations are transferable between characters?

cilonen

There are two doors. If it's not in the first one, continue along the wall and it should be in the second one. It's a random spawn.

Doing the raid shows that Titans are invaluable. Strikers and Defenders. Best class for the raid.

Woohoo, got a new version Hard Light and Mark of the Pit plus a radiant energy. I take it this is the same as other raid loot (i.e. One goody bag a week) as the chest appears for me again shortly after and was empty the second time.

I like this game again now.... Although... This is going to get patched before next week isn't it :-/

I hit FWC rank 4 and got a Crucible commendation.

Is there a point in levelling up Dead Orbit/FWC/New Monarchy factions now that Destiny has the Commendation system? Factions only accept Crucible marks and you can't buy Vanguard armor without a Vanguard Commendation, so you'd be earning Vanguard marks without the possibility of spending them?

Sullichin

I have played this game since 4am, it is now almost 4pm. Almost 12 hours with no new gear except Murmur and a shitty legendary from Nightfall.

Bungie needs to learn that time spent should equal reward, not crappy items, frustration and in motivation to continue.
That fucking sucks. I remember reading your posts about having a bunch of bounties saved up beforehand to rank up when the DLC hits. Didn't you have 10 bounties for three characters or something crazy? I've only gotten two crucible marks over two characters, and got a good weapon in one package and gloves in another. You definitely should have gotten more for all the prep work you did.

ocean

Banned

I would love an answer to this. Basically changes everything completely to the point where I'd have no desire to continue the plans I had for the day.

"Upon reaching a new level" of a faction would appear to indicate that, regardless of what level it was, this would be the case. No remote reference to randomness was included as it was when discussing Xur's ability to upgrade certain items each weekend.

Also, if you can, confirm whether or not commendations are transferable between characters?
Definitely transferable. It's a material in your inventory like, say, Relic Iron.

As for it being random; it would suck majorly. I really think it's guaranteed at every level after 3. Since there's never been rewards for levels 1-3, I wouldn't expect a Commendation there though.

Geneijin

Until someone confirms it, I'll say what I said before. It can also be read like this:

Commendations are received from Reputation Reward Packages.

Reputation Reward Packages are delivered by the Postmaster.

The Postmaster delivers Reputation Reward Packages upon reaching a new Reputation Level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So has anyone ranked up any Reputation Level (Vanguard, Crucible, or the three factions), past Rank 3, and not received a commendation? I will not get the chance to do this until later today.

Is there a point in levelling up Dead Orbit/FWC/New Monarchy factions now that Destiny has the Commendation system? Factions only accept Crucible marks and you can't buy Vanguard armor without a Vanguard Commendation, so you'd be earning Vanguard marks without the possibility of spending them?
They have their own gear and it's been updated. Just like before, you can level them up quicker than either vanguard or crucible because you can funnel rep in from both, and thus get ranks/commendations more quickly. However, you can only spend Crucible marks on their gear, which is too much of a trade-off for me unless I'm pursuing a specific item.

So it appears commendation are awarded at rank 4.
It says in the vender menu in-game that you only get commendations at or after rank 3.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed or not at that point and the game itself doesn't indicate either, but people need to stop panicking. Especially over things that are easy to check lol

Korten

Banned
Not sure how I feel about most of the content in the expansion being set in old areas. Hell the story strike basically takes place 85% in old areas fighting the same old enemies and 15% in a new area which is like 2 rooms.

Well I took a break from this install issue to have lunch with my fiance.

Came back, reset router, reset PS4, etc and no progress. Perma stuck at 62% even if I uninstall Destiny entirely from my PS4.

NO ONE else seems to have this issue. I have no clue what else to do.

My only workaround would be to buy the digital version of the game, but I've already given Bungie $100.00....ugh. Why !?!?! :(
Call Bungie and Sony and ask for help
And also, who did you buy it from?
If it's Amazon, they might up and give you a new disc and see if that one works

Ambitious

I got a commendation at crucible rank 3.

Huh. Interesting. Well, in that case.. maybe, for some reason, you get commendations starting from rank 3 already.

But it's Fucking Bungie™, so we should expect the worst.

edit:
It says in the vender menu in-game that you only get commendations after rank 3.

Well, this clarifies when you get a commendation. Now we just figure out if you're guaranteed to get one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure I get what you're driving at, essentially all I took away from that reference to the Postmaster was just that the rewards package from ranking up would appear there just like the old faction reward packages.

They have their own gear and it's been updated. Just like before, you can level them up quicker than either vanguard or crucible because you can funnel rep in from both, and thus get ranks/commendations more quickly. However, you can only spend Crucible marks on their gear, which is too much of a trade-off for me unless I'm pursuing a specific item.

Thanks for the explanation. That's what I thought. Also, levelling up factions prevents you from wearing the Class item you want.

Commendations should be received at Rank 3 since you don't get postmaster packages until then but packages are RNG, don't know if that applies to Commendations.

I'm wondering, has Bungie made any indication of when they'll bring back the Queens quests back?

It'd be good if I could gear up fast doing the turns in for Dark Below.

Wallach

I actually got another SGA bounty from Eris so I'm going to shard my current one to upgrade something else. Mainly interested in upgrading Plan C, Ice Breaker or MIDA Multi-Tool right now weapon-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom