• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

So has anyone ranked up any Reputation Level (Vanguard, Crucible, or the three factions), past Rank 3, and not received a commendation? I will not get the chance to do this until later today.

They have their own gear and it's been updated. Just like before, you can level them up quicker than either vanguard or crucible because you can funnel rep in from both, and thus get ranks/commendations more quickly. However, you can only spend Crucible marks on their gear, which is too much of a trade-off for me unless I'm pursuing a specific item.

Just hit Rank 12 with my Hunter and got one.

Titan hit 4 I believe and he got one too.

Ambitious

So has anyone ranked up any Reputation Level (Vanguard, Crucible, or the three factions), past Rank 3, and not received a commendation? I will not get the chance to do this until later today.

They have their own gear and it's been updated. Just like before, you can level them up quicker than either vanguard or crucible because you can funnel rep in from both, and thus get ranks/commendations more quickly. However, you can only spend Crucible marks on their gear, which is too much of a trade-off for me unless I'm pursuing a specific item.

Yes, that's the problem. So dumb.
I'm going to keep ranking up the factions until I get their shaders and then switch back to Vanguard/Crucible again.

Commendations should be received at Rank 3 since you don't get postmaster packages until then but packages are RNG, don't know if that applies to Commendations.
Right, and the latter part is everyone's concern.
I'm wondering, has Bungie made any indication of when they'll bring back the Queens quests back?

It'd be good if I could gear up fast doing the turns in for Dark Below.
That's if we even get material at all or gear as quickly as we did before. But there hasn't been any word yet.

hydruxo

Finally beat that goddamn
Swordbearer
part. Got some raid boots. Now I just have to get some commendations and wait for Xur to hopefully have my exotic helm for upgrade. The grind gets longer by the day and it's ridiculous.

Can't go any further in the raid until I get to 31...

It says in the vender menu in-game that you only get commendations at or after rank 3.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed or not at that point and the game itself doesn't indicate either, but people need to stop panicking. Especially over things that are easy to check lol

But the riots ): but that would seem right, according to what I would expect, it should start at rank 3...

Yeah, you can buy radiant shards from her, as long as you have one radiant energy....which you'll need 1 radiant shard to create >___>

A shard costs one energy. And an energy costs one shard.

lulz
anigif_enhanced-buzz-hrech.gif

My commendation experience:

I leveled both Vanguard and Crucible ranks to rank ONE on my alt warlock.

I received a Crucible commendation from a Postmaster package.

I did NOT receive anything from Vanguard.

Trace

Banned
Anyone for the Nightfall or Weekly Heroic 30? Tried to solo the heroic and got to the boss but it was too painful to go on.

I wonder if they just nixxed the whole idea of it?
If they did they'll likely wait a long while to say it.
I personally don't want it back if it's for underpowered crap without any way to make something of them it. Save the sniper rifle that I didnt even know existed until the event was well over with.

zlatko

Banned
Call Bungie and Sony and ask for help
And also, who did you buy it from?
If it's Amazon, they might up and give you a new disc and see if that one works

I got it from Gamestop back on release.

Calling Bungie would work if they had a support phone #. Their website/google doesn't cough one up. This doesn't seem like a Sony issue either. Other games work just fine and peachy, so they'll just pin it back on Bungie/Activision it seems.

Anyone from Bungie post in here? Would love to get some advice from a dev on what to do at this point.

ocean

Banned
Ok so we've heard a lot about Crota's End's difficulty. But, without spoiling, is it fun? Vault of Glass was full of refreshing mechanics. Sync plates, the relic, being Marked and wiping on Ritual of Negation, the portals...it was awesome because it rewards teamplay and goes beyond go shoot then go there and shoot more.

Is the new raid also mechanically original?

Geneijin

I'm not sure I get what you're driving at, essentially all I took away from that reference to the Postmaster was just that the rewards package from ranking up would appear there just like the old faction reward packages.
Commendations are received from rewards packages delivered by the Postmaster, but there's no guarantee you'll always get one when leveling reputation until someone says otherwise.

Fun? Only the first part
Mechanically original? Yes for the second part (haven't done the third) but it's inferior to Vault of Glass. Not as mind-fucking.

stb

My commendation experience:

I leveled both Vanguard and Crucible ranks to rank ONE on my alt warlock.

I received a Crucible commendation from a Postmaster package.

I did NOT receive anything from Vanguard.

What level did you hit with Vanguard that you didn't get a package?

wait why are people reacting like that to the radiant energy/shard exchange?

Because it's more fun to pigpile than think critically.

Anyone up for hard VOG raid?

Its not my group but we have 3 waiting at the moment all level 30 and they would like only 30's

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 EMPTY
05 EMPTY
06 EMPTY

PSN: MandrakeUK

Ok so we've heard a lot about Crota's End's difficulty. But, without spoiling, is it fun? Vault of Glass was full of refreshing mechanics. Sync plates, the relic, being Marked and wiping on Ritual of Negation, the portals...it was awesome because it rewards teamplay and goes beyond go shoot then go there and shoot more.

I'm interested in this too. I don't really care about spoilers. Has anyone written up a raid guide yet?

Dante316

I say its more fun. The 1st part is unique, the 2nd part is difficult but it is alot more social, everybody has to engaged, died soo much but definitely fun. It basically requires to be 31 to not die too much but imo its better and I didn't even beat 2nd part lol.

Most likely because they were hoping for some way to use their mountain of other resources. Which is pretty stupid. This game doesn't work that way.

Obviously.

I don't mind the new materials, but I think there should be more avenues to get them, not just Raid and Eris. You don't have to play VoG only to get Ascendant materials, there's also the Daily, Nightfall, Public Events, Vanguard/Crucible packages and Engrams.

GhaleonEB

There's nothing wrong with the exchange itself, but it highlights how silly the number of currencies is making the game. We now have a currency exchange in the game. You might read that last sentence and think nothing of it, but I find it hilarious.

You now need three separate currencies to buy a legendary item from a shop: rep, marks and commendations. The game systems should be made simpler, not more complex, to better leverage the currencies that already exist. How long until we can swap motes of light for strange coins to get ascendant energy and trade it in for radiant shards? (I'm leaving out a few.)

Individually each system is simple. Taken as a whole, it's all needlessly convoluted.

There's nothing wrong with the exchange itself, but it highlights how silly the number of currencies is making the game. We now have a currency exchange in the game. You might read that last sentence and think nothing of it, but I find it hilarious.

You now need three separate currencies to buy a legendary item from a shop: rep, marks and commendations. The game systems should be made simpler, not more complex, to better leverage the currencies that already exist. How long until we can swap motes of light for strange coins to get ascendant energy and trade it in for radiant shards?

Individually each system is simple. Taken as a whole, it's all needlessly convoluted.
It's slowly morphing into a true MMO
Going to be convoluted as the plot

stb

Today: "why aren't there more ways to get radiant shards/energy, cores, and orbs?!"

A month from today: "[screenshot of inventory with 100+ each of orbs and cores, and a few dozen radiant shards/energy] lol, gg bungie. What am I supposed to do with all this trash? I still haven't gotten [insert the one exotic they don't have yet over another 200 hours of play]"

Edit: to be fair, I agree that it's silly to have ascendant shards/energies AND the cores/orbs. I just don't think the volume of them is the problem.

JTran2003

Anyone up for hard VOG raid?

Its not my group but we have 3 waiting at the moment all level 30 and they would like only 30's

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 EMPTY
05 EMPTY
06 EMPTY

PSN: MandrakeUK

Still looking? 30 warlock. Psn jtran2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom