• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Today: "why aren't there more ways to get radiant shards/energy, cores, and orbs?!"

A month from today: "[screenshot of inventory with 100+ each of orbs and cores, and a few dozen radiant shards/energy] lol, gg bungie. What am I supposed to do with all this trash? I still haven't gotten [insert the one exotic they don't have yet over another 200 hours of play]"

Edit: to be fair, I agree that it's silly to have ascendant shards/energies AND the cores/orbs. I just don't think the volume of them is the problem.
On the bright side.
With enough currencies and materials we might finally get a bigger Vault.

Nightfall has been kind to me:

4Lqp2xZ.jpg

How long did it take to beat it?

I'll join

Cool bro, your on my list :)

Anyone up for hard VOG raid?

Its not my group but we have 3 waiting at the moment all level 30 and they would like only 30's

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 gunawi Level 30
05 EMPTY
06 EMPTY

PSN: MandrakeUK

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Just about to start a blind run of Crota's End with a few friends.

There are 4 of us so we have 2 slots left. Anyone who hasn't tried it yet and is up for a laugh without taking things too seriously is more than welcome.

PSN: DiscreteCat

Still looking? 30 warlock. Psn jtran2003

Its not my group but we have 3 waiting at the moment all level 30 and they would like only 30's

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 gunawi Level 30
05 JTran2003 Level 30
06 EMPTY

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 gunawi Level 30
05 EMPTY
06 EMPTY

Do you mind if I join as a level 27?

matmanx1

Slacker.

J/K, I think the commendation crap was a terrible idea and just put in there to slow player progress.

Pretty much. I really can't think of any good reason to put the commendation requirement in there. The only thing that makes sense is that Bungie wants to slow the acquisition of Legendary gear and by extension the rate that players "clear" the game.

I'll be honest, I'm about ready for a break from the game at this point. It's still really fun but the grind is getting to me. Real life is already busy enough and Destiny is starting to feel more like work and less like play. And that is not a good thing.

There's nothing wrong with the exchange itself, but it highlights how silly the number of currencies is making the game. We now have a currency exchange in the game. You might read that last sentence and think nothing of it, but I find it hilarious.

You now need three separate currencies to buy a legendary item from a shop: rep, marks and commendations. The game systems should be made simpler, not more complex, to better leverage the currencies that already exist. How long until we can swap motes of light for strange coins to get ascendant energy and trade it in for radiant shards? (I'm leaving out a few.)

Individually each system is simple. Taken as a whole, it's all needlessly convoluted.

I am hoping at some point Bungie at least combines ascendant shards with ascendant energy.

I got Vanquisher VIII. No DLC drops for us.
That is my auto rifle of choice in cruicibe. Best stability of all legendaries.

Well, after seeing how underpowered being 30 is in the raid, the multitude of new currencies, RNG in the raid continuing to be unfair despite changes they said they made, poor story missions and so much more disappointment. I think I will be shelving my Warlock and Hunter alts who are at 30.

My main and favourite class is my Titan, I started him first and want to continue working on him. However, I do not want all this extra grind for 2 other characters as well now. It is just too much Bungie.

I will use them for Weeklies and Nightfalls to boost my main, but that is all. They've made having 3 characters a lot more difficult and frustrating. A shame because I liked the variation having all 3 to play in the similar scenarios like raids and strikes.

In the end, the main thing keeping me playing are the great friends I've made here and the great times we have on a weekly basis.

Bungie, I hope you scale all this shit back a bit, it reeks of desperation, trying to stretch out content and grinding with very little good content to match it.

Well, after seeing how underpowered being 30 is in the raid, the multitude of new currencies, RNG in the raid continuing to be unfair despite changes they said they made, poor story missions and so much more disappointment. I think I will be shelving my Warlock and Hunter alts who are at 30.

My main and favourite class is my Titan, I started him first and want to continue working on him. However, I do not want all this extra grind for 2 other characters as well now. It is just too much Bungie.

I will use them for Weeklies and Nightfalls to boost my main, but that is all. They've made having 3 characters a lot more difficult and frustrating. A shame because I liked the variation having all 3 to play in the similar scenarios like raids and strikes.

In the end, the main thing keeping me playing are the great friends I've made here and the great times we have on a weekly basis.

Bungie, I hope you scale all this shit back a bit, it reeks of desperation, trying to stretch out content and grinding with very little good content to match it.
I cant stand the grind from 1-20 T_T you are strong to do it again.

This is where I'm at too. Last week's status quo was still grindy, but I could play 3 characters have fun. Now... well, I have a main and two characters I use for coins/exotic chances only.

It's too much, Bungle.

edit:
e65.gif

Qwell

Well I tried to complete the weekly strike on my lunch, even joined someone mid strike, but that thing just took too long. Pretty sure we were at the last boss, but he just kept spawning wave after wave after wave of trash. Not really feeling it at all, a bunch of people guessed with Hive being the focus they would be throwing a ton of Thrall trash and they sure did. Not to mention wizards still suck, I think I'm going to take a week or two off and see if people find some cheese methods and then come back, or just wait until Wolves Den or whatever the next expansion is. I thought I would be up for the grind again, but I don't know now.

Well I tried to complete the weekly strike on my lunch, even joined someone mid strike, but that thing just took too long. Pretty sure we were at the last boss, but he just kept spawning wave after wave after wave of trash. Not really feeling it at all, a bunch of people guessed with Hive being the focus they would be throwing a ton of Thrall trash and they sure did. Not to mention wizards still suck, I think I'm going to take a week or two off and see if people find some cheese methods and then come back, or just wait until Wolves Den or whatever the next expansion is. I thought I would be up for the grind again, but I don't know now.

Great job Bungie, you pushed Qwell out. What chance do the rest of us have? I jumped into the NF solo just to see what it was like. Between Arc Burn, Lightswitch, and that first room full of Fallen...Nope Nope Nope. I do wanna try running through the raid. Especially with VoG having been my favorite part of the main game but I'm staring down at this new grind and um yeah...

ocean

Banned
Nightfall is soloable, just takes a hella long time. Use the entrance to the final boss room and use Patience and Time.
You'd have to be insane. I'm sure some people will do it but goddamn it's crazy. I love how this Nightfall is actually challenging! It was real fun both times I ran it (a little less when I went as a 29) but mad respect to anyone who solos that insanity.

Strider

I had a really long post typed out about my thoughts on the expansion. But deleted it bc nobody would take the time to read it lol

Summary: I'm disappointed :/ the main reason for this is the level cap increase and everything that came with it. There would be drawbacks to no increase n level cap but it'd still be far better than what we got, imo.

Finished off the Thorn bounty in about 20 mins today (Xyor was way less hard than I had thought). Time to get that thing to 331 attack...

Thanks to Byte and Shep for helping me out. Also, thanks to me not being high as hell (because it was my lunch break and I don't do that during the daylight hours... at least not on a weekday... at least not when I have to be in the office...)

Thorn and/or Mythoclast will be prepped and ready to rumble on Friday. Crota, my ass is yours... I mean your ass is mine... actually I think I had it right the first time.

Now to hit 31... got the boots and gloves. Two commendations and a few Tiger strikes and that shit it all mine. ALL MINE!
maybe

Well, time to watch One Piece while I wait for the raid. I have nothing else to do. I did what I wanted and that's get to 31.

After getting more Vanguard marks after spending my 200 I got 3/4 Light 33 armour pieces. With the weekly cap I won't be able to buy the helmet, so I will wait until Xur on Friday to upgrade one of my 2 Exotic Helmets.

I don't play Crucible, I have 92 Crucible marks but I am at Rank 1. :/
I have to be Rank 3 or above to get Crucible commendations no?

Congrats on 31 and good luck raiding tonight!

Same for me. All I want is the Platinum, completing the Raid once, then I'm done until the next DLC. And unless Destiny 2 gets perfect 10/10s, I probably won't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom