• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

After getting more Vanguard marks after spending my 200 I got 3/4 Light 33 armour pieces. With the weekly cap I won't be able to buy the helmet, so I will wait until Xur on Friday to upgrade one of my 2 Exotic Helmets.

Congrats on 31 and good luck raiding tonight!
Thanks! :)

I lucked out. If that engram didn't turned into the Titan chestpiece, I would still be 30.

zlatko

Banned
The root of the problem
Did you pick it up or did they ship to you?

I done fucked up

Actually I misspsoke. It did come from Amazon! I had it mistaken with a different game.

I just went and opened all ports needed on my PS4/Destiny (they use the same) and will see if I get any benefit.

So I could go back to Amazon and say hey this disc is faulty or what's the idea here?

Namikaze1

So far, my Titan is 31. My Hunter has two armor gears and enough marks for a third. And my Warlock is off to the side, wondering why I'm spending her marks on my Titan.

ocean

Banned
So far, my Titan is 31. My Hunter has two armor gears and enough marks for a third. And my Warlock is off to the side, wondering why I'm spending her marks on my Titan.
I used my Warlock's marks to buy planetary materials....for my Titan's upgrades. Sorry Sunbro, back seat for now.

Gonna start playing again after a 2 month hiatus. Starting back up at 27. What is the quickest way up from here, so I can get raid ready?

Edit: I'm 28.

Qwell

Great job Bungie, you pushed Qwell out. What chance do the rest of us have? I jumped into the NF solo just to see what it was like. Between Arc Burn, Lightswitch, and that first room full of Fallen...Nope Nope Nope. I do wanna try running through the raid. Especially with VoG having been my favorite part of the main game but I'm staring down at this new grind and um yeah...
Well I still need to check out some other stuff, but I don't think it helped that I hammered on the game so much pre DLC. 3x characters at lvl 30 and running all the content multiple times every week to lvl up weapons, get gear, just have fun etc. just didn't help. I have been taking it really light this week, played the raid like twice, did the nightfalls and weeklies but I haven't been doing the bounties and all the raids on all characters etc.

Its been fun playing Far Cry 4, watching some movies and other stuff and so it could just be those other things are making Destiny not so appealing right now. This tends to happen with me and MMO's, I get so sucked in I grind the hell out of them (had 9x maxed characters lvl 85 at the time that I quit WoW and I would run the raid with all the characters every week) and then I just blow out and have to take a break.

Strider

Everybody is quitting.... We will get to OT12 today and then OT13 in April?

I doubt everyone will "quit" lol

For me I'm disappointed n how the expansion was handled but I still enjoy the core gameplay. The new Raid is probably fun enough to do once a week, plus crucible and nightfall. I'll give up on stuff like alts, bounties, etc though.
A lot of us went really hardcore the first 3 months and we now don't have much to show for it. I'll take a more casual approach going forward.

Jinjo

Everybody is "quitting", aka threatening to quit and then playing 20 hours this weekend.

Lol, pretty much.

I do agree with the shelving alts atm though. Just gotta slowly work them up to lv31 again, it's just not worth the effort doing everything with them atm.

Finished the Nightfall. Got an Insurmountable Skullfort, last (pre-DLC) Titan exotic I didn't have yet! Was hoping for Ruin Wings, but you can't have everything I guess.

So I take it that Bungie's remark that leveling exotics would be a bit faster to imply that we now have more bounties to do each day because of Eris? Unless someone can confirm that XP req has gone down.

Namikaze1

For my alts, I'm gonna wait for Xur to see what he is selling. For my Titan, I'll replace the legendary with an exotic. I don't care.

squadr0n

Each week when Xur arrives with his wares, he will also have a selection of vanilla Exotics from pre-DLC that you can upgrade. Looks like 6 weapons and 2 gear per class. His selection for upgrade will be random. If he has an option to upgrade a piece of gear you own, you can pay 1 exotic shard (cost is 7 coins) and 7000 glimmer to have it upgraded to a new tier for Expansion 1. Progress is reset on the item and XP needs to be re-earned.

He still has the same hours at the tower. Wait till Friday.

Thank you so much, I know this thread is moving kinda fast but you just saved me alot of time!

zlatko

Banned
Actually I misspsoke. It did come from Amazon! I had it mistaken with a different game.

I just went and opened all ports needed on my PS4/Destiny (they use the same) and will see if I get any benefit.

So I could go back to Amazon and say hey this disc is faulty or what's the idea here?

It looks like opening all ports was the answer thankfully. Even though the game is being installed off the disc it was somehow tied to the internet? Unsure why, but I'm back up on Destiny. Yay! :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I doubt everyone will "quit" lol

For me I'm disappointed n how the expansion was handled but I still enjoy the core gameplay. The new Raid is probably fun enough to do once a week, plus crucible and nightfall. I'll give up on stuff like alts, bounties, etc though.
A lot of us went really hardcore the first 3 months and we now don't have much to show for it. I'll take a more casual approach going forward.
that's very wise.

Eric WK

So I take it that Bungie's remark that leveling exotics would be a bit faster to imply that we now have more bounties to do each day because of Eris? Unless someone can confirm that XP req has gone down.

Just got the new Gallajhorn from the Nightfall and unless I'm dumb, it's definitely levelling faster.

Lol, we just ran a hard VoG. The exotics that drop there are the OLD exotics, so no damage upgrade. The old raid really is completely useless now. Well done Bungie!

spyder_ur

How's the nightfall for the 29? Haven't even done the regular strike yet - stuck at work.

I hate that with three characters in the 28-29 range I feel like I can't participate in any of the new content. I know it'll pass quickly but still.

Lol, we just ran a hard VoG. The exotics that drop there are the OLD exotics, so no damage upgrade. The old raid really is completely useless now. Well done Bungie!

That's gotta be a mistake. Legendaries should be the same but exotics across the board were supposed to have been upgraded.

and VoG is still relevant as a quick source of ass mats.

CLBridges

Just got the new Gallajhorn from the Nightfall and unless I'm dumb, it's definitely levelling faster.

my dragon's breath unlocked the first upgrade after one bounty.

Lucky, grats to you both! I hope Xur is selliing the upgrade of Gjallarhorn this week. Hopefully I'll see an update from you Zoba regarding how dragon's breath is once perks are unlocked. I'm curious about the whole solar flare thing and how effective it will be.

So about that
chest that is easy to get to at the beginning of the new raid and has the chance to drop exotics: Is it repeatable or like a normal raid chest (i.e. only once per character per week)?

CLBridges

Say it ain't so, that's pretty much some BS. Eh, guess I'll still run it for shards/energy and the off chance I get one of the exotics I don't currently have. VOG is def. way back on the priority list now though.

Bungie is getting us to grind harder than a stripper on a pole. Goddamn, hope this gets fixed, or else you won't see my ass in there for a good while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom