• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTran2003

Cool bro, your on my list :)

Anyone up for hard VOG raid?

Its not my group but we have 3 waiting at the moment all level 30 and they would like only 30's

01 MandrakeUK Level 30
02 Friend Level 30
03 Awamii Level 30
04 gunawi Level 30
05 JTran2003 Level 30
06 EMPTY

PSN: MandrakeUK

When do you all plan on starting?

hydruxo

I doubt everyone will "quit" lol

For me I'm disappointed n how the expansion was handled but I still enjoy the core gameplay. The new Raid is probably fun enough to do once a week, plus crucible and nightfall. I'll give up on stuff like alts, bounties, etc though.
A lot of us went really hardcore the first 3 months and we now don't have much to show for it. I'll take a more casual approach going forward.

It's a shame we have to resort to this, but you're absolutely right. It's not even enjoyable to have more than one character right now because of all the time gates they've put on pretty much every facet of the game. I'm just going to focus on my Hunter main from now on and only use my Titan for Nightfalls and Weeklies.

Jinjo

So am I right in understanding that the new lv26 strike playlist, aka the only that drops engrams is DLC-only? Nice little fuck you from Bungie there.

Why does this £95 game that I own feel like a F2P with so many fucking things holding me back from progressing?

Get the fuck outta here with that shit Bungie. You can shove Destiny 2 if this is what it's gonna be like.

Edit: Also. Why not have a level 28 weekly and a 30/32 weekly? It makes sense.

28 drops old shards/energies.
30/32 drops new mats.

So am I right in understanding that the new lv26 strike playlist, aka the only that drops engrams is DLC-only? Nice little fuck you from Bungie there.

Yup, probably the biggest Fuck You Give Me Money, of all the changes.
Or maybe that's locking out the Weekly's.

What are all the combinations of armor that you can equip to reach level 31??

Can you do it with:

Xur 2.0 armor piece maxed (on friday) and TWO vanguard 2.0 pieces?

Or do you HAVE to have all 4 slots of new vanguard and/or Raid/Exotic 2.0 ???

i have to farm helium >.>

Yeah. Using up all your marks for armour and using all your bought mats sucks.

I am really upset that as a user who doesn't play PvP I feel so disadvantaged. Are there PvP only players who feel the same?

If I had Crucible marks and rep levels up I wouldn't be stuck at 30. IB caters to PvP only too, Queens Wrath hasn't been around and it sucked the first time anyways.

What are all the combinations of armor that you can equip to reach level 31??

Can you do it with:

Xur 2.0 armor piece maxed (on friday) and TWO vanguard 2.0 pieces?

Or do you HAVE to have all 4 slots of new vanguard and/or Raid/Exotic 2.0 ???

3 Vanguard/Crucible Light 33 armour plus one Light 33 Upgraded Xur Exotic will do it. My plan right now unless I want to play PvP.

Why does this £95 game that I own feel like a F2P with so many fucking things holding me back from progressing?

Get the fuck outta here with that shit Bungie. You can shove Destiny 2 if this is what it's gonna be like.

30/32 drops new mats.

I only did 2 Nightfalls so far. New mats from Weeklies is a relief as I thought they were Raid exclusive.

Hoodbury

Yeah. Using up all your marks for armour and using all your bought mats sucks.

I am really upset that as a user who doesn't play PvP I feel so disadvantaged. Are there PvP only players who feel the same?

If I had Crucible marks and rep levels up I wouldn't be stuck at 30. IB caters to PvP only too, Queens Wrath hasn't been around and it sucked the first time anyways.

Not really, I don't expect to "beat" the game/xpac the first day it comes out.

The worst part about all this expansion bullshit is that the next Weekly Update will probably be just DeeJ saying "Look at all the cool shit we've just released! Don't you like it? By the way, congrats to the first clans who beat the new raid :) Stay tuned for more Iron Banner and see you next week!"

It's the new one- has to be unlocked by doing the story quests though. I'll go through those with you gladly if you want

Cool! I'll be heading home within the next 20 minutes or so. That should give me a couple hours to do these missions and the strike before I have to head to my buddies' place. So people who don't have the DLC can't do NF or Heroic this week?

The worst part about all this expansion bullshit is that the next Weekly Update will probably be just DeeJ saying "Look at all the cool shit we've just released! Don't you like it? By the way, congrats to the first clans who beat the new raid :) Stay tuned for more Iron Banner and see you next week!"

bookmarking this post for predicting the truth.

I'm so pissed... finally got enough marks to buy the chest piece with 33 light, which is all I needed, and I accidently buy the fucking gauntlets again. Now I have to wait until next week to get it since I'm already close to maxing out on VMs. God damn it. Maybe I'll just fuck up my set and get crucible armor, but I don't like playing crucible.

hydruxo

Pretty much

it is kind of sad that they phased old Vanguard and Crucible weapons from the vendors. Some of them were real good, everyone looking for a Shadow Price equivalent with the new attack rating

How are people getting their rep up fast enough to get multiple commendations so quickly? I'm sure the marks are from grinding Tiger Strike but no idea how you get THAT much rep so quick.

SkylineRKR

BuzzJive

So my Legend page on Bungie.net shows a Doubles Skirmish in the playlist dropdown, but it breaks when you click on it. Has anybody else seen that before?

Edit: It doesn't break - just has zero entries. Is this an old playlist I missed at some point or a new one or ?

How are people getting their rep up fast enough to get multiple commendations so quickly? I'm sure the marks are from grinding Tiger Strike but no idea how you get THAT much rep so quick.

I think that plenty of people had 3 characters right at the edge for numerous reputations.

hydruxo

Alot of people grinded their rep up for vanguard/crucible just enough so that they only needed a little bit more for a rank up package. Plus commendations can be moved from character to character.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool! I'll be heading home within the next 20 minutes or so. That should give me a couple hours to do these missions and the strike before I have to head to my buddies' place. So people who don't have the DLC can't do NF or Heroic this week?
I was wondering about that, there's just no weekly strike this week if you don't have it? that totally blows.

Lots of people got multiple factions repped to just below rank up and sat with 10 complete bounties and 200 marks each. Overachiever with more time than most.

Edit: beaten, thread is soooo fast.

Did they have a level 31 in the party? Is it as necesarry as the previous group made out?

The screenshot shows at least one Level 31. I haven't read anything further from them on their strategy - so not sure if they are saying the same thing about it being required - but the fact that there was at least ONE 31 in the group sure does make it look like it is going to be as required as we've heard.

I'd have thought for as long as they seemed to beat their heads against the fight that if there was some kind of Damage buff they would have found it.

Friends of me, clan Absolute Infinity has finished it earlier today as well I think.

Good to know. Never really cared about World Firsts before Destiny, but it's a super interesting aspect to me now. Thanks for the info!

Wonder if there is any kind of tracking/stats page for this stuff??

Matush

How does telemetry for weapons work? If i use it, will i get extra xp for turning in the bounties, or is it just for kills?

DesertFox

Alot of people grinded their rep up for vanguard/crucible just enough so that they only needed a little bit more for a rank up package. Plus commendations can be moved from character to character.
So do commendations only come from ranking up a faction?

30/32 drops new mats.

Same reason why people that don't own the DLC are locked out of the weeklies: to force people to buy the expansion. Hard on story missions is now Lvl 30 which seems ridiculous if you don't own the DLC and haven't had time (or luck) for the Raid. Today's story mission wasn't any harder for my Lvl 29 Hunter than before, just took a lot longer because enemies are spongier and I'm squishier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom