• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

Can you reach level 31 with 1 "old" exotic fully maxed and 3 of the new vanguard/whatever items fully maxed? I can buy all 4 but would prefer to keep my exotic on.

I've spent 13 hours in Destiny today. Started Crota's End with all randoms except a friend of mine (sooo desperate to try it), and got to Crota in like 3,5 hours. The
gatekeeper
part was so damn challenging, loved every minute. After bashing our heads against the wall with Crota, we gave up after 5 hours. So worth it. Gloves and chest, but I'll need a ton of radiant shards to get them to 36.

Negative:
The only part that had me not so impressed was the Wizard-boss-shrieker-part. The tactic to stand a chance (essentially skipping everything except wizards and shriekers) felt really underdeveloped, and I was sad that we got no loot?

SkylineRKR

You can solo the chest. Its pretty nice, solo it 3 times a week. Gives exotics.

You're not supposed to shard your second or even third Gjallarhorn for that matter, regardless of damage.

Well, once I reach wolfpack on my new 302 one, my old one is getting sharded I'm afraid. Need dem shards and 300 was underwhelming in Crota. Took me over 3 against sword knights I think.

BokehKing

Banned
Where is the new strike? Not the vex one, isn't there two? I don't see it anywhere on the moon, just the symbol for the raid?

I tried looking in the new level 26 (why so low? Why not 28?) play list and immediately got placed into dust palace

Deku Tree

You folks know that linking spoiler CE raid videos makes the full video image pop up on mobile right? Maybe I should turn that off...

Born2Live

Boooom finally got me a gjallarhorn. Decrypted from a legendary engram that dropped during the weekly. Also got Voidfang Vestments v2 from Nightfall, I can use the exotic shard from the vanilla ones that I have got already to begin my quest to level 31.

Ass mats?

Honestly, kinda sounds like a waste of time then. Not that ass mats are useless, but the progression should be:

New character -> get to around level 26-28ish -> VoG -> level 30 -> TDB

In this, it's basically:

New character -> get to level 31 through vanguard gear -> TDB

There's really no incentive to play it AT ALL.

Well, once I reach wolfpack on my new 302 one, my old one is getting sharded I'm afraid. Need dem shards and 300 was underwhelming in Crota. Took me over 3 against sword knights I think.

Yea solo-ing the chest will be great. Feels good to be a blade dancer hunter. It's like another nightfall. Hopefully Bungie does not patch it out

Sullichin

They should be there with the Expansion I icon. Maybe you need to complete the full quest line first? Did you finish the strike?
No, I did three story missions and I can't select the strike yet. I can select two of three of those story missions now, but not the first

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
as a 27 Hunter who, even though have the DLC but don't have any means to lvl up, I'm glad that I'm actually going on a trip tomorrow for 10 days to let this whole thing die down first before coming back to play again. I'm just kinda burn out on what to do right now. my play time is almost never fix or stable ehich makes it hard to join in on anything GAF related. and I dont seem to have much luck on the LFG site the couple times I used it. I've been stuck at 27 forever so I just don't have the necessary power to do a lot of the raid or high lvl stuff. well, we'll see what's there to do after my trip I guess.

Jinjo

Damn, really? Godhorn relegated to babyhorn status then. I have three old testament Ballarhorns and I plan on upgrading them all.

Got a light 36 Insurmountable Skullfort today, glad it starts at light 30. Bought my first new vanguard piece for my Titan. I deliberately
went for the shoulder piece with the fur coat lol. So cool. If I buy another vanguard piece and max two new vanguard pieces along with my exotic will that yield me lv31? It'll be 33+33+36+30= 132 light. That's enough for level 31 right? Might farm the shit out of it to reach lv31 by my group's blind raid on friday if it does.

Damn, really? Godhorn relegated to babyhorn status then. I have three old testament Ballarhorns and I plan on upgrading them all.

Got a light 36 Insurmountable Skullfort today, glad it starts at light 30. Bought my first new vanguard piece for my Titan. I deliberately
went for the shoulder piece with the fur coat lol. So cool. If I buy another vanguard piece and max two new vanguard pieces along with my exotic will that yield me lv31? It'll be 33+33+36+30= 132 light. That's enough for level 31 right? Might farm the shit out of it to reach lv31 by my group's blind raid on friday if it does.

the stuff on that piece looks like feathers to me, not fur.

Solo the chest? Is this raid related? Is it the first part or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom