• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

There are new spaces with new encounters. You just have to run through 10 minutes of old content per mission to get there.

Siege of the Warmind just has you hop on bike and go to a new location. No 10 minute retread, unless you're forgetting to press the gas.

Damn.. so this quote directly from their FAQ about The dlc is a lie?

Technically....there are some very small new areas that toy get to through the old areas. Like Rasputin's hizz. Even though as the person you quoted said....still don't really know what the fuck he is doing. He totes has "I'm in danger" music though. I found that funny.

Gurrry

There are new spaces with new encounters. You just have to run through 10 minutes of old content per mission to get there.

That quote to me reads like "new places to go and see with new enemy types to battle"

But instead.. it means what it literally says, "untapped spaces (unused previous areas) and new encounters (not new enemies)"

Meh oh well, I got my hopes up for nothing I guess.

edit: so after reading replies, sounds like there are new areas. good.

SkylineRKR

What do I have to do to unlock the Weekly/Nightfall?

I've done a number of Eris missions. Now she just gave me 3 cryptic quests about finding enemies in the Cosmodrome to "lure out" big bads.

Yep.

-Patrol Cosmodrome and go to the rocket yard, at the start of Devil's lair dinklebot scene.

-sattelite dish building dark area.

-Skywatch building behind loot cave

Before all this, you'll need to kill 25 wizards or knights I think. Which is easily done in second mission.

Kadin

Hey guys, I'm coming back to the game after having been gone a few weeks after launch. Level 28 Warlock. Anything I should be aware of or should I just jump in and do the new quest stuff? I know I read something about trading in and/or upgrading existing exotics, I've got a few in my storage. Don't play crucible, just the pve stuff.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You can solo the chest. Its pretty nice, solo it 3 times a week. Gives exotics.

Well, once I reach wolfpack on my new 302 one, my old one is getting sharded I'm afraid. Need dem shards and 300 was underwhelming in Crota. Took me over 3 against sword knights I think.
Is this the first chest found? Where is it?!

I just realized that Rasputin is the Bumblebee of Destiny. He can only communicate with us through music and old radio @_@. Good to know one of the most sophisticated and powerful human creations ever made in Destiny has a broken voice modulator.

Hey guys, I'm coming back to the game after having been gone a few weeks after launch. Level 28 Warlock. Anything I should be aware of or should I just jump in and do the new quest stuff? I know I read something about trading in and/or upgrading existing exotics, I've got a few in my storage. Don't play crucible, just the pve stuff.

The dlc essentially knocked everyone back to an even playing field so you aren't too far behind. Finish the new quest line and buy your shiny new level 31 gear from the vendors. Just need to have the shards to level it up.

border

Anything I should be aware of or should I just jump in and do the new quest stuff? I know I read something about trading in and/or upgrading existing exotics, I've got a few in my storage. Don't play crucible, just the pve stuff.

If you intend to upgrade your old Exotic weapons, don't use any upgrade materials on the original versions. That progress will be lost when you get a new version of Thorn, Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Last Word, or whatever exotic you were using.

Old legendary weapons and armor cannot be upgraded, so do with them as you like.

btkadams

I'm really confused about gear. Is there no longer any raid gear drops in the vault of glass? Also, can raid gear from the new raid drop randomly as engrams in other content, or will it ONLY drop in the raid?

border

I just realized that Rasputin is the Bumblebee of Destiny. He can only communicate with us through music and old radio @_@. Good to know one of the most sophisticated and powerful human creations ever made in Destiny has a broken voice modulator.

You hear Rasputin speaking in Russian at the end of a couple missions. I'm sure someone less lazy than me probably did a translation.

border

I'm really confused about gear. Is there no longer any raid gear drops in the vault of glass? Also, can raid gear from the new raid drop randomly as engrams in other content, or will it ONLY drop in the raid?

I'm not sure what exactly is going to be dropping in Vault of Glass. Everyone that enjoys raiding is obviously busy with Crota's End.

SkylineRKR

I am inside the raid by myself, how the hell am I supposed to find a chest, this is insane.

From where you fall down

go left from the plateau, then another left against the wall. There is a small entrance there. The chest can be there. wipe and try again if its not. The other spot initiates encounters, its past the second pillar, up the hill and then left I think.

I think its randomly in one of these 2.

Namikaze1

Blind Crota's End raid run:

Level 30 Gunslinger Hunter - EverydayMath
Level 31 Gunslinger Hunter - figadapaura
Level 30 Sunsinger Warlock - toddv360
Level 30 Striker Titan - xLiKx
Level 30 Gunslinger Hunter - Zoba
Level 31 Defender Titan - Namikaze1

Let's do this!

spyder_ur

Let's do this!

Good luck guys - anyone streaming?

No Land Beyond in the first chest I opened... Seems cool, even if the weapon ends up being useless. (It's a bolt action sniper that can be equiped in the primary slot).

Strider

Let's do this!

Stream dat shit!

Edit: Zoba's on it.

Any armor you buy from the tower is better then the VoG raid armor. Yeah..its a pain..the new raid gear can only be obtain from Crota's End. In addition Bungie changed it.
The reward system in Crota's End will address some issues reported in the Vault of Glass:

Raid loot in Crota's End will drop at a higher rate
New Raid gear will contain a wider variety of potential perks
Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades
Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear
Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials
Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

Nodnol

Just done the Omnigul strike.

Great fun; really frantic.

However, I'm coming over in a cold sweat at the thought of the Nightfall.

Any burn except Arc and it would be relatively simple. Any tips?

Kadin

The dlc essentially knocked everyone back to an even playing field so you aren't too far behind. Finish the new quest line and buy your shiny new level 31 gear from the vendors. Just need to have the shards to level it up.

If you intend to upgrade your old Exotic weapons, don't use any upgrade materials on the original versions. That progress will be lost when you get a new version of Thorn, Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Last Word, or whatever exotic you were using.

Old legendary weapons and armor cannot be upgraded, so do with them as you like.
Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

arimanius

Disappointed in the first mission. Did the level 28 version got some level 18 greens, some crappy blues, and it was in an area I already explored. Turned in the mission and got an old brown ship. Blah

Shito

HAWK-fucking-MOON from my first try at that solo chest!
Mwahahaha.
Still have a character to try it on.

This shit is so getting patched...

Shito

How do you get to the solo chest?
---->

From where you fall down

go left from the plateau, then another left against the wall. There is a small entrance there. The chest can be there. wipe and try again if its not. The other spot initiates encounters, its past the second pillar, up the hill and then left I think.

I think its randomly in one of these 2.
So good, thanks a lot.
Resetting it by wiping works great, no need to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom