• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can solo the chest. Its pretty nice, solo it 3 times a week. Gives exotics.

Well, once I reach wolfpack on my new 302 one, my old one is getting sharded I'm afraid. Need dem shards and 300 was underwhelming in Crota. Took me over 3 against sword knights I think.
You were the same level?

No, I did three story missions and I can't select the strike yet. I can select two of three of those story missions now, but not the first

Hm, yeah, I don't see the first either. Maybe we can't do it again. Ran the 2nd again for the 25 Hive Knight/Wizard kill bounty.

SkylineRKR

Solo the chest? Is this raid related? Is it the first part or something?

Its

before you even reach your first enemy.

When you fall down, there are 2 spots where it can spawn. One spot is at the left of the entrance, there is no enemy. If its there you're lucky. The other is after 2 light pillars.

You were the same level?

They're 31, I was 30. So yeah that does factor in. But still, using buffed Bhorn will be better

Gurrry

Solo the chest? Is this raid related? Is it the first part or something?

Havent bought the DLC, not sure if/when I will.

However, I keep hearing about this "chest" in the raid that is super easy for farm exotics from.

I am willing to bet everything I own that in the next update, that chest will be removed or nerfed to ass mats.

Seriously, everything I own on the line. I can assure you I will win the bet because Bungie's priorities are to nerf anything that is easily exploitable.

Any takers?

BokehKing

Banned
No, I did three story missions and I can't select the strike yet. I can select two of three of those story missions now, but not the first
There are more than 3 story missions, just found out myself, after doing "kill 25 warlocks or knights" you get 3 patrol bounties for earth

GlamFM

Banned

However, I keep hearing about this "chest" in the raid that is super easy for farm exotics from.

I am willing to bet everything I own that in the next update, that chest will be removed or nerfed to ass mats.

Seriously, everything I own on the line. I can assure you I will win the bet because Bungie's priorities are to nerf anything that is easily exploitable.

Any takers?

Nope, it's just a regular raid chest. You only get a shot at it once a week.

Gurrry

There are more than 3 story missions, just found out myself, after doing "kill 25 warlocks or knights" you get 3 patrol bounties for earth

Lol.

Can someone explain these missions to me? They kept saying they made these story missions more cinematic because of the outrage from the main storyline. However, from what ive read, they sound like the same dreadful and uninspired crap.

Any takers?

Doing a chest run on each toon right now (or in five minutes when I can kick the kids off) before the nerf. Anyone want to join me?

Bollocks

First DLC opinion: both new strikes are garbage. Short, uninspired, just really bad.

For real, there's no new gameplay mechanic, just straight up kill everything.
At first I thought it's kinda neat that the section on earth is now accessible but then I realised 90% of the strike is in areas I've already been to countless times before.
Stockholm syndrome indeed.

Jinjo

Lol.

Can someone explain these missions to me? They kept saying they made these story missions more cinematic because of the outrage from the main storyline. However, from what ive read, they sound like the same dreadful and uninspired crap.

They are. It's just old missions in reverse with a new area at the end where the boss hides. Replace Ghost with Eris spouting story nonsense.

Still don't know what the fuck Rasputin is good for.

Korten

Banned
Me and my friend (29 and 30 respectively), just duo'd the nightfall... That took us over an hour and was so nervewreckingly difficult. My hands feel like butter now...

BokehKing

Banned
Lol.

It's not cinematic at all, I'm killing shit and having fun

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

I am awful at crucible. I can't even manage doing the daily bounties.

SkylineRKR

Those story missions are terrible but give good exp. Solo on 30 was challenging. Still have to do these on my alt, will equip baller for easy exp.

The nightfall strike I did until h alfway with one friend. It was pretty great so far I played. best strike yet?

Sergoes

If you're down on the DLC and haven't gotten a chance to try the new raid, give it a go asap. It's incredible. The raid team must be so separate from the mission team. The quality is so drastically different when comparing the two experiences.

I don't know if anyone has reported this, but I just did a HM VoG and got universal remote from Atheon with 300 max damage. Is it supposed to drop pre dlc DMG exotics?

GlamFM

Banned
Those story missions are terrible but give good exp. Solo on 30 was challenging. Still have to do these on my alt, will equip baller for easy exp.

The nightfall strike I did until h alfway with one friend. It was pretty great so far I played. best strike yet?

Or worst? Maybe?

Gurrry

They are. It's just old missions in reverse with a new area at the end where the boss hides. Replace Ghost with Eris spouting story nonsense.

Still don't know what the fuck Rasputin is good for.

Damn.. so this quote directly from their FAQ about The dlc is a lie?

The story missions will take you into untapped spaces with brand new encounters. There’s new music, custom effects, and some serious challenges to undertake. The Strike and Raid will also feature beautiful new spaces and difficult new engagements to overcome for you and your Fireteam.

Just ran the night fall and a guy got the exotic hunter boots, I got the last word (upgraded version naturally) and poor mind log got some shards :( sucks dude.

border

What do I have to do to unlock the Weekly/Nightfall?

I've done a number of Eris missions. Now she just gave me 3 cryptic quests about finding enemies in the Cosmodrome to "lure out" big bads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom