• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Finally finished my uni work. Going to to do the Nightfall and the Weekly Heroic now, first with my main then with my alt. If anyone still needs to do those missions, feel free to join. PSN: ps_flocki

Agent

Any PS4 crucible groups going on? I have the Bad JuJu bounty to get done and I'm tired of playing with noob randoms who cap points that flip spawns to make us lose games.

X-Frame

So I am 7 shards away from being Level 30 on all my characters.

I had about 60 or so shards a few days ago, but took the time this week to farm stupid mats so I could level everything up, and those 60 shards were devoured.

Level 30 Titan & Hunter, and Level 29.75 Warlock (who has all raid gear minus the helm, whereas the Titan & Hunter have 1 piece from IB).

So I am 7 shards away from being Level 30 on all my characters.

I had about 60 or so shards a few days ago, but took the time this week to farm stupid mats so I could level everything up, and those 60 shards were devoured.

Level 30 Titan & Hunter, and Level 29.75 Warlock (who has all raid gear minus the helm, whereas the Titan & Hunter have 1 piece from IB).

Are you telling me you've gotten a chest on every character, and I can't get it on one?

I really want to hit 30 with my Warlock, but I won't unless I get a raid/exotic helmet.... If I do the raid tonight and don't get the helmet (most likely) what's my best chance at getting an exotic? Tiger Strikes?

Apologies to my Crucible team, but I've identified the source of my crippling lag: in-laws are streaming a Gilmore Girls marathon, lol. Won't be able to get back on until they're done but hopefully we can get some more matches in later.

Gotta love constantly getting killed because your kill didn't register for 2 more seconds, great fun.

Woo-Hoo!

My hunter has entered the level 30 club, joining my Titan. That's 2 down and 1 to go.

My warlock just needs a Chest or Helmet from the Raid.

side note: Farming for 256 helmium was a nightmare, and I don't ever want to go back to the moon.

My IB boots and gloves both wanted helium, as did my Raid chest piece I happen to get on Tuesday.

Woo-Hoo!

My hunter has entered the level 30 club, joining my Titan. That's 2 down and 1 to go.

My warlock just needs a Chest or Helmet from the Raid.

side note: Farming for 256 helmium was a nightmare, and I don't ever want to go back to the moon.

My IB boots and gloves both wanted helium, as did my Raid chest piece I happen to get on Tuesday.

If you need someone to knock out the hard raid with you soon for the last raid gear I'm down.

X-Frame

Are you telling me you've gotten a chest on every character, and I can't get it on one?

Yes, sorry man! I did like 8 raids before I got even 1 armor piece, then they started dropping for me each time I did a raid for all my characters plus the great timing of Iron Banner allowed me to fill in the empty slots.

BokehKing

Banned
Haven't played in awhile and need some strange coins and really want Plan C

Last I played I had 14 coins, and 49 motes of light

Last question

On December 9th do I have to be level 30 to do those quests? I feel like it would be a waste of farming right now to hit 30 if I can just pick up blue quest rewards that will get me to 30

Mindlog

Plan C!
That perk list. Bought immediately without hesitation.

Crest of Alpha Lupi bought for my Hunter. Don't really need it, but it looks great so may use it anyway. That was the last piece of exotic gear I needed. *Just remembered the other piece of exotic gear I need. Pretty sure it's a myth.

Exotic Armor I need:
Creat of Alpha Lupi Hunter
Heart of Praxic Fire

Exotic Weapons I need:
Plan C
Monte Carlo

I have enough good fusion rifles now that I don't really need Praetorian Foil, but I still want it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Much to complain about certainly, but Xur has never sold Plan C before and it's an exemplary Fusion. Once you've upgraded it you can run a solid legendary primary and swap to it only for the quick blast when needed and switch back, or run it as your main killer with accelerated coils.
Where is this list? Can't find it in the OP.
Sorry, can someone link me to this? I'll add it to the community section.
Thanks again Hawkian for letting me go through the raid with you again last night. It was only my 2nd ever completion of it and I'm even more comfortable with all the aspects of it now. I'm ready to start raiding as much as possible before the DLC hits.

Prior to the two completions with your groups, I only had two prior raid attempts. One was a random invite at the templar/oracle part (we didn't get past it) and the 2nd was a invite from the start but we never could defeat Atheon. I did get the raid boots and Corrective Measure that time though. The two clears with your groups have got me Final Verdict, Hezen's Vengeance, Raid chest piece and Vision of Confluence (last night). Oh and I got chatterwhite last night too!

BTW, I've got 12 coins right now and have already done the weekly on 28. What's the best way to get 5 more fairly quick? Tiger strikes?
Thanks for coming (JeRKy too and everyone)! That's a damn fine haul of gear :D I'm so happy with my Vision of Confluence, technically it should go to my Titan but I'm not done playing around with it on my Hunter yet.

You've done the weekly on all available characters? Tiger strikes are pretty much your best bet... decrypt the engrams that you need blue gear on the most though, you can get strange coins from them no matter who is decrypting.

I really want to hit 30 with my Warlock, but I won't unless I get a raid/exotic helmet.... If I do the raid tonight and don't get the helmet (most likely) what's my best chance at getting an exotic? Tiger Strikes?

"Best chance" is a bit of a stretch but yes tiger strikes will on occasion award exotics. Prepare to do lots and lots of strikes

Having a level 30 sherpa me through hard mode raid just because I need those drops. Don't care if I have to act noobish. We have some open spots, level 29s and 1 30 though

Didn't realize how damn hard it would be to come across class materials when starting a new character. I'm going after green engrams like it's the cure for cancer just for one measly sapphire wire.

Jesus, BF Deal for Destiny was a total failure. Found a physical copy for a lot less but wondered if I can continue on my Warlock on the physical copy ?

"Best chance" is a bit of a stretch but yes tiger strikes will on occasion award exotics. Prepare to do lots and lots of strikes

I want to max out Vanguard points for my lvl 24/25 alts as well, so I'll probably play quite a bit. Would be nice if I could get them to raiding status soon as well. So much to do, and so little time.

Didn't realize how damn hard it would be to come across class materials when starting a new character. I'm going after green engrams like it's the cure for cancer just for one measly sapphire wire.

If you've already hit 20+ then the strike playlist is a good way to get some blue/green drops. That's what I did for my Titan and will be doing for my hunter. Everybody always complaining about mats like helium but for me the class specific materials are a bigger pain to deal with. At least with mats you know where to find them

I want to max out Vanguard points for my lvl 24/25 alts as well, so I'll probably play quite a bit. Would be nice if I could get them to raiding status soon as well. So much to do, and so little time.

Exotics do drop from the playlist. I got the MIDA Multitool as a end of mission reward. I would do a couple of strikes whenever I had some free time. Don't think I had to do anywhere near as many as some people here have had to do though. You will also be getting lots of blue engram drops which will level your cryptarc giving you another chance at getting that exotic helmet.

If you have the preorder vanguard armory you can get green helmets for 250. Much cheaper than green engrams and always there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jesus, BF Deal for Destiny was a total failure. Found a physical copy for a lot less but wondered if I can continue on my Warlock on the physical copy ?
I believe that everything is cloud saved and you should be fine
Plan C? Sweeeeet. Another exotic added to the collection. Only missing hard light, universal remote, and Gjallarhorn now
How weird, first two are the same two I need.
It's good in PvP, especially things like Skirmish. The revive increase is so fast that you can revive teammates as you sprint over them. Other than that, its not very useful as a PvE chest
Light Beyond Nemesis and the two Alpha Lupi chests are incredibly useful in PvE for Nightfalls. I suppose the logic in saying it's not is meant to be something like "you shouldn't be dying in the first place" but in my experience, everybody dies, stuff happens, and it helps both the reviver and revivee if you are one or the other. The effect is very noticeable IMO.

matmanx1

Anyone raiding tonight? I'm 29 but have not yet run the raid mostly due to scheduling issues. I'm ready to get my feet wet now and I follow instructions well. =)

At this point I could hit level 30 with either a chest or helm and could definitely make good use of any shards/energies or raid weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom