• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

I've replaced my Pulse Elite with the Sony Gold headset. I'm a bit disappointed. As I feared, adjusting volume and sound/chat via buttons instead of sliders sucks.

And it's not fine-grained enough: With my Elites, I used to turn the game audio down to the lowest volume I could still hear, so I could hear the voice chat clearly but still notice oracles, explosions and so on. With the Gold headset, the game audio is still too loud on the second-to-lowest sound/chat setting.

Huh? You were doing fine.

I'm down.

Can't remember your PSN ID

I don't know why I asked, I knew this. Barely paid attention to any gear outside my Titan, been feeding my alts scraps.

For Warlocks: I have the Skull exotic, is voidfang better? Not really enamoured with any of the Warlock gear so far...

For crucible Voidfang is awesome

EL CUCO

I've replaced my Pulse Elite with the Sony Gold headset. I'm a bit disappointed. As I feared, adjusting volume and sound/chat via buttons instead of sliders sucks.

And it's not fine-grained enough: With my Elites, I used to turn the game audio down to the lowest volume I could still hear, so I could hear the voice chat clearly but still notice oracles, explosions and so on. With the Gold headset, the game audio is still too loud on the second-to-lowest sound/chat setting.

Thanks for posting. I was actually thinking about buying these today, but I'll keep my OG elites around.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm looking for a normal raid group. I'm all done for the week, just helping out friends who haven't done it yet this week.

Shouldn't take very long at all.

1. Gdt
2. Gdt buddy
3. Gdt buddy

Add me. Kadey1up.

I was going to farm some helium and wait for another group to form.

Loomba

I'm looking for a normal raid group. I'm all done for the week, just helping out friends who haven't done it yet this week.

Shouldn't take very long at all.

1. Gdt
2. Gdt buddy
3. Gdt buddy

I'll go if you need somebody, 29 titan.

PSN: Stewarto_0705

Just noticed there's a spot (probably more) on Mars where little bugs crawl around a rock that sprint away when you aim down your sight at them.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
May as well just finally buy Voidfang. I like the perks on it more than Praxic plus it actually works with shaders.

I'm away from home without my Ps4 and am having serious destiny withdrawal. I've been gone since the reset.

What's the nightfall? What's the burn?

What is Xur selling?

Yes I know I could use google but part of my withdrawal is not being on this thread. This is my attempt at interaction. Please feed my addiction. You enabling bastards.

Haybro

I can't stop playing this game.

Nice raid run with some gaffers, too bad I got no armor...

Back to back found verdicts and shards only (I'm not even gonna count chatterwhite as a drop anymore). Oh well, still fun.

milkham

I'm away from home without my Ps4 and am having serious destiny withdrawal. I've been gone since the reset.

What's the nightfall? What's the burn?

What is Xur selling?

Yes I know I could use google but part of my withdrawal is not being on this thread. This is my attempt at interaction. Please feed my addiction. You enabling bastards.

nightfall is summoning pits with void burn
xur has:
titan: armamentarium
hunter: crest of alpha lupi
warlock: voidfang vestments
Plan C
exotic gauntlets engrams

nightfall is summoning pits with void burn
xur has:
titan: armamentarium
hunter: crest of alpha lupi
warlock: voidfang vestments
Plan C
exotic gauntlets engrams

Thanks for feeding the addiction. I'll be doing the nightfall tomorrow night when I get home from the holiday.

Plan C worth it? I won't be home in time for Xur anyway but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

koryuken

Well, since Xur doesn't have Plan A (Gjallarhorn) or Plan B (Heart of the Praxic Fire) I will have to go with Plan C.

I seem to have good luck with Plan A. I got two Ballerhorns 5 days apart. One from a chest in the raid and one on my alt from the nightfall last night. I also chose not to buy the MIDA from Xur last week. Good call since I got one from Atheon lol. Solid week from RNG.

PS. Although it currently sucks, my happiest loot moment was getting the Vex last week. Still no fatebringer or Icebreaker thought ;(

GRIP

Yeah if anyone is putting together another normal raid group feel free to add me.

PSN: GriP17-
(29 hunter)

Edit: No mic btw

X-Frame

If anyone's willing to bring a new Level 30 Titan along to the Hard Mode, let me know. I've done Normal around a dozen times, never Hard though.

Maxed Gjallarhorn, IB, AE, VoC, PR, TDYK, etc.

If anyone's willing to bring a new Level 30 Titan along to the Hard Mode, let me know. I've done Normal around a dozen times, never Hard though.

Maxed Gjallarhorn, IB, AE, VoC, PR, TDYK, etc.

Hard's not much different mechanically, you just have to keep in mind you can't be rez'd. With max weapons at 30, i was surprised that it wasn't as difficult as i expected. Its definitely more of a challenge then normal, but not the soul crushing experience I expected.

Just be prepared for some craziness when defending the confluxes before oracles, and for breaking out of shields if you don't get summoned during Aetheon.

3 Hard Raids this week. No chest armor. Hoping to get some next week but I'm tempted to buy the exotic hunter chest armor from Xur so I can make sure I can get picked up in the new raid when the dlc drop. There is honestly no love for level 29s.

Valpurgis

Just unlocked Praise the Sun on the Praxic Fire, so good...

I think Radiance should have been like this from the get go, always felt like it was a bit underpowered compared to the other classes.

My daughter got her first Legendary engram drop, for a secondary weapon. Pretty exciting, until it turned into two shards. Welp.

I'd rather engrams didn't give the exact same amount of ass-mats you'd get from disassembling a weapon or armor piece, when that happens I feel like I'm robbed of agency. I feel it'd be better if it dropped a piece and let the player decide whether to shard it or not.

That said, she has opened the legendary engram floodgates now.

X-Frame

Hard's not much different mechanically, you just have to keep in mind you can't be rez'd. With max weapons at 30, i was surprised that it wasn't as difficult as i expected. Its definitely more of a challenge then normal, but not the soul crushing experience I expected.

Just be prepared for some craziness when defending the confluxes before oracles, and for breaking out of shields if you don't get summoned during Aetheon.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah I read up on and watched a bunch of videos for hard mode, but I know nothing is like experiencing it myself. Does everyone hide in the spirit bloom room for the confluxes part with the legions?

Also, when does the no-rez start, from the moment you start the VoG or is it per checkpoint? For example, dying stupidly jumping down to start the Templar/Conflux section .. or the jumping puzzle? Just trying to get a sense of when it is "okay" to die and yet be able to respawn -- if that's possible at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom