• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if I'm getting like 1 shotted in pvp/deathmatch at like lvl 8, is that due to ttk or level difference?

TTK. Level differences for damage are turned off for normal crucible. The only level-based advantages are the skills you unlock for your subclass and the better weapons you can use. Of course these things still make a big difference, so you are definitely playing at a disadvantage. Lots and lots of weapons/attacks can 1 shot in Destiny pvp though.

Seems like raindoc is online, so we'd only need three more.

I can pinch hit if you are able to find 2 more, I'll be around for a few hours at least.

Rixa

It seems you can get the spirit bloom chest from the raid an infinite amount of times? I've already done my raids for the week and I'm just tagging along with a new one and I still got it.

And I haven't ran into a light pink or red shader. I want those.

Spirit bloom chest in the raid is just a normal Venus chest essentially. It's there every time, we farmed a lot of SB that way during flawless runs.
I assume you can crit chest too? Farming spirit bloom in raids :p

Throwing knife is so fucking good. As much as I liked blink on BD, GG and throwing knife trump it. I can't tell you how many bladedancers thought they had me when I jumped and throwing knifed them. The shit hits like a truck.
Aww I hate it. Reason to being, its too easy to throw it when I RP Vita. Got hunter alt at lvl 13 and I think Ive only once managed to throw it "right" (when playing Vita).

iQYdrDMlfncoF.gif

hehe finally.

Nice! My main Warlock is 1 ass shard short of getting to lvl 30. One publa or daily and its done. Our weekly raid is going to be on tuesday, nice to be there with 30lv. HM with 29 is pain in da ass.

Rubenov

Speaking about pulse rifles, they could use a buff across the board. My maxed out Praedyth's Timepiece is sitting at my vault waiting for the opportunity.

Wallach

Speaking about pulse rifles, they could use a buff across the board. My maxed out Praedyth's Timepiece is sitting at my vault waiting for the opportunity.

I haven't played much in the past month, but I always felt like PRs were underrated. My Super Pox VLO remains my go-to primary; wanted to try the Timepiece but I only ever got the sniper and shotgun from the raid. Not sure what they can really do to safely buff them without making some of them kind of ridiculous.

How are scout rifles now, as far as PvE goes? That buff is live now, right? I never really liked my MIDA or Aries Nemesis, other than to use my MIDA for farming speed and making the jumping bit in the raid really easy.

Jinjo

People who still need Fatebringer assemble! Courtesy of a fellow GAFfer I received three oracle checkpoints on all my characters. Looking for a team to cash those in. We'll be running oracles - templar - maze chests three times. Even if you only have two characters you may join, but it would be nice if you could stay for all three runs. Leaving in about 15 minutes from now so I hope to fill up in that time. 4 spots up for grabs, add JinjoNL on PS4 (or join if I already have you in my friendslist).

We might continue one hard run to the end depending if people are up for it and if we have a solid team.

LOl yeah I use to say during our flawless run, this is how I farm for spirit bloom, using the spirit bloom chest from the raid :p

edit: if you do need another person for the flawless run, let me know. Gonna be studying so just post something on here or msg me on PSN. It should go to my phone.

LOl yeah I use to say during our flawless run, this is how I farm for spirit bloom, using the spirit bloom chest from the raid :p

edit: if you do need another person for the flawless run, let me know. Gonna be studying so just post something on here or msg me on PSN. It should go to my phone.

We have 5 then, if Rain or Due has a friend who wants to join, or if someone from the original team reads this, let's go!

coy

I don't see the rest online, and I think at least 1 guy is from the US (unless you're him?), so he's probably sleeping now. But yeah, I'm ready whenever everyone else is as well.

That was me the lone stateside player. I was woken up by the rain (still) and checked out the thread now. If attempts are going to be made, I can hop back in.

That was me the lone stateside player. I was woken up by the rain (still) and checked out the thread now. If attempts are going to be made, I can hop back in.

Stateside player as well :p well just let me know if you guys need me to fill in for someone.

Jinjo

People who still need Fatebringer assemble! Courtesy of a fellow GAFfer I received three oracle checkpoints on all my characters. Looking for a team to cash those in. We'll be running oracles - templar - maze chests three times. Even if you only have two characters you may join, but it would be nice if you could stay for all three runs. Leaving in about 15 minutes from now so I hope to fill up in that time. 4 spots up for grabs, add JinjoNL on PS4 (or join if I already have you in my friendslist).

We might continue one hard run to the end depending if people are up for it and if we have a solid team.

I expected this to fill up faster lol. Still 4 spots.

TP-DK

Noooo guys dont do a flawless run without me, Ill be on in like 15 min.

After all these attempts yesterday we are practically like family now, and you dont leave family behind ;-)

*starts crying* Why god whyyyyyyyy

Jesus... Spent 3 hours or something on the first... Raid (?) on earth. My teammates where fucking idiots, but we actually managed to kill that septer prime ball of evil thing.

I'm sure it's repetitive as hell but it was seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. Shouldn't have bought gta.. This is going to draw me in...

Deku Tree

Jesus... Spent 3 hours or something on the first... Raid (?) on earth. My teammates where fucking idiots, but we actually managed to kill that septer prime ball of evil thing.

I'm sure it's repetitive as hell but it was seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. Shouldn't have bought gta.. This is going to draw me in...

That's a strike. It's the Devils lair strike.

I think you meant a strike. What level are you btw? There's prob a good amount of influx of new players after Black Friday.

Edit: I am glad you like the game! Besides all the stupid bullshit such as bad story, RNG, and farming. The game has some of the best gun play I experience. And I have been playing fps since doom2 and half life.

I just started playing Crucible and I'm so confused on how the damage scaling works with weapons. Can someone break this down for me?

For Example:
(Apart from the bonuses) If all damage is normalized in multiplayer wouldn't the Duke MK. 10 do the same damage as the Hawkmoon(I don't know what this gun is, but everyone is saying it's the best for hand cannons in multiplayer)? I just don't understand what determines a weapons damage in multiplayer. How can a tell what guns do more damage aside from actually using them?

I'm just starting this game, so I appreciate any help!

That's a strike. Not a raid. :)

Theres currently 6 strikes (on playstation) and only 1 raid.

When you do strikes during the main story they really are a challenge.

Once you're done with the story you will be able to do these strikes in 10 minutes tho.

Deku Tree

I just started playing Crucible and I'm so confused on how the damage scaling works with weapons. Can someone break this down for me?

For Example:
(Apart from the bonuses) If all damage is normalized in multiplayer wouldn't the Duke MK. 10 do the same damage as the Hawkmoon? I just don't understand what determines a weapons damage in multiplayer. How can a tell what guns do more damage aside from actually using them?

I'm just starting this game, so I appreciate any help!

Impact stat determines weapon damage in normal crucible.

hEist

just got a question regarding headset and destiny and kinda curious how you guys are handling it. i got the playstation gold headset and when i'm playing destiny (e.g. while raid) if i have voice and normal game sound on headset i can't "understand" the voice, since game sound is so loud. Tried to up the voice volume up in the playstation settings, but still can't understand a freaking word. If i only use voice on the headset and game sound on the television, it's quite hard to hear any game sound (oracles spawn).

Any good solution on available or whats your setup?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Bought the expansion pass (my first ever I think), and that tumbler sparrow is pretty sweet. I wish there were sparrow races in the game. There's a lot of potential for some hilarious shit.

Got a Bee error at the last second of a Crucible game I was winning. FUCK.

By the way, I don't need Flawless but I still need to do a normal raid for my Warlock anyway. Is Level 26 enough not to die?

I'm surprised nobody commented on Luke from bungie offering to jump into a raid group a few posts back. That's got to be a rare opportunity.

I'm not going to lie; that was an awesome offer from Luke to join my raid last night; but like was previously said we already had the crew built and I would have felt like a dick if I booted someone just to play with him. Still cool though.

Geneijin

I know Control isn't King of the Hill, but why the hell does First Light exist as a Control map... It's really annoying hunting the opposing team that has a 2-3,000 point lead in that map when more than half are camping. Maybe it's just whining and salt, but fuck that map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom