• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we are testing the jumps at the jump section while we wait for the team to fill up for our flawless attempt.

If anyone is interested please feel free to join and join the party chat;

Cool bro, so that now makes 5;

so far;

01: MandrakeUK
02: Level 30
03: Level 30
04: cloud945076
05: Duebrithil (currently away)
06: EMPTY

PSN: MandrakeUK

I'd like to join Psn Dhruv_Hanom

Tawpgun

Dark Below gear is gonna have more light. Getting to level 30 should be possible without doing VoG. Iron Banner gear will help too.

Can't wait to jump into the raid.

Hard Mode is gonna be insane at 33.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Luke Smith just tweeted that it's going to start at 30. So dumb. They might have just unsold me on the DLC.

14u372l.png

i0gtzYQ794fnC.gif

This is bullshit right here. They're aware plenty of us have gotten screwed over with the VoG RNG right?

I'd like to join Psn Dhruv_Hanom

No problem, so we just need one as Due isnt back yet.

We are currently just doing test jumps on a older checkpoint.

so far;

05: Duebrithil (currently away) / EMPTY
06: Dhruv_Hanom

Ikkarus

Dark Below gear is gonna have more light. Getting to level 30 should be possible without doing VoG. Iron Banner gear will help too.

Can't wait to jump into the raid.

Hard Mode is gonna be insane at 33.
Can't wait to start out on a fresh new raid!

I literally just pinged level 30 today as well. Good times ahead (hopefully).

Luke Smith just tweeted that it's going to start at 30. So dumb. They might have just unsold me on the DLC.

14u372l.png

People who are already 30 are the minority, so it would be in Bungie's best interests (aka pocketbook) for there to be an easier path to 30 than what we currently have, or else the casuals won't even buy the DLC.

No problem, so we just need one as Due isnt back yet.

We are currently just doing test jumps on a older checkpoint.

so far;

05: Duebrithil (currently away) / EMPTY
06: Dhruv_Hanom

Was with group starting at four, so If not on soon I'll jump on with you guys is still need another.

hydruxo

That's kinda crap. But it keeps VoG relevant I guess?

We should've seen this coming tbh. Every activity in Destiny kind of serves it's own purpose to enable you to do the next one. It's one big grind. Reef raid in the next expansion will probably be Normal 32 and 34-35 Hard. I bet they're making every raid tiered so you get gear from VoG/IB, then go to Crotas End, then Reef Raid, etc.

Frenden

Banned
We should've seen this coming tbh. Every activity in Destiny kind of serves it's own purpose to enable you to do the next one. It's one big grind. Reef raid in the next expansion will probably be Normal 32 and 34-35 Hard. I bet they're making every raid tiered so you get gear from VoG/IB, then go to Crotas End, then Reef Raid, etc.

Yeah. Like, I get it, but I'm just bummed that only one of my three characters RNG'd into 30 in time.

Tawpgun

Don't worry. I'm sure there will be ways for you guys to get to 30 without relying on VoG or Iron Banner once the expansion drops.

You just wont get to start the raid immediately.

hydruxo

Yeah. Like, I get it, but I'm just bummed that only one of my three characters RNG'd into 30 in time.

Oh I know I'm just saying it's dumb they're actually doing it this way haha. I think they should've just done Crotas End Normal at 28. It just adds to the grind unfortunately.

Strider

Don't worry. I'm sure there will be ways for you guys to get to 30 without relying on VoG or Iron Banner once the expansion drops.

You just wont get to start the raid immediately.

You'll still be able to do the raid immediately if you want to just like you can do VoG before 26. You'll just be at a disadvantage.

But yea I'm gonna assume they'l introduce a new way to get to 30 without VoG/IB.

Frenden

Banned
Oh I know I'm just saying it's dumb they're actually doing it this way haha. I think they should've just done Crotas End Normal at 28. It just adds to the grind unfortunately.

Yeah. We definitely agree on this.

More than anything, I'm surprised they're gating off content from large swaths of the potential BUYING player base. You think it'd be in their best interest to make more folks capable to run the new content and incentivize their purchase.

LukeSmith

There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

People who still want to run VOG for 30 can, or they can acquire new gear in TDB that will get them to - and somewhat above 30 - for TDB progression.

LordofPwn

Destiny app, grimoire section, see Dead Ghosts. It'll tell you how many out of 62 you have.
i've got 68...
That's kinda crap. But it keeps VoG relevant I guess?

Yes and no. I've got 2 lvl 30's (1 from Iron Banner) and a 29 and i can do the lvl 30 VoG with all 3 just fine and thats a heroic lvl 30. A normal 30 should be doable with a 28. but i wouldn't jump into the new raid unless you've got the current one mastered/have a team you trust. plus with the light increase, my guess is getting to 30 will be a lot easier. But feel free to just jump in ;)

Frenden

Banned
There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

People who still want to run VOG for 30 can, or they can acquire new gear in TDB that will get them to - and somewhat above 30 - for TDB progression.

That's cool. And it makes sense with how y'all have handled the route to legendary, raid-ready gear in the past. Thanks for spelling it out!

Lima

And suddenly the new 331 attack rating makes a lot more sense so we can do full damage to lvl 33 enemies.

God damn will be fun as hell again to complete the hard raid at 33 with a complete underleveled team. I like this.

LordofPwn

Straight from the source folks. don't worry about getting into the door, worry about surviving and communicating through the new challenge.

CLBridges

So, Crota's End will begin at 30 normal and 32 hard...I'm ok with this, as long as they bring in new ways for people to reach 30 (I'm certain they will). I'm really excited for the new raid and new content in general and will def. be looking to form a group for those looking to raid asap on 12/9.

Also, looked on Bungie's website and see a patch is scheduled to go live tomorrow, 12/1. Hopefullly this will include necessary buffs to weapons prior to DLC and maybe some QoL improvements.

Deku Tree

Thanks Luke! Could I ask... So can you get above 30 in a predictable non-RNG way too in TDB?

Lima

Thanks Luke! Could I ask... So can you get above 30 in a predictable non-RNG way too in TDB?

Yes. Look at DrCrispy93 again. He has a new exotic and new legendary gear (that looks nothing like the new raid gear) with light 36 which puts him at lvl 31.

CLBridges

And suddenly the new 331 attack rating makes a lot more sense so we can do full damage to lvl 33 enemies.

God damn will be fun as hell again to complete the hard raid at 33 with a complete underleveled team. I like this.

Level 33? So our max light level will be 32 and Hard raid Crota will have level 33 enemies? Interesting.

Does this mean new legendary gear that caps at 31 light? Compared to Crota raid gear which goes to 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom