• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

People who still want to run VOG for 30 can, or they can acquire new gear in TDB that will get them to - and somewhat above 30 - for TDB progression.
word

Tawpgun

If that happens, I'm finished with the game for good. I'll uninstall it immediately and try to get the money for the season pass back.

Turning all that work to get to level 30 into nothing would be the biggest kick in the balls Bungie could do. Getting 30 gear in IB was already bullshit but at least it was only two pieces and they were extremely ugly.
Lmao.

Really dude?

I'm completely addicted to this game. I have to log in every day for the rewards and get the bounties to upgrade my weapons. Ive tried giving it a rest but I always come back. And with the DLC in a week that's going to keep me busy even more, getting the new gear and upgrading stuff all over again. I've even raced through other games to finish them or gave up playing them because it's not Destiny. I'm not even excited to play any other game.

HALP!!

I'm both selfishly happy that the new raid is set for level 30 and not. I'm happy because this means all that grinding actually served a purpose, I didn't just do it all for nothing. On the other hand I recognize that getting to 30 is all luck, and a good majority of the people playing this game are stuck at level 28/29.

I'm glad that they too can get the gear through other means. I wonder what they are going to do to it to keep the VOG relevant after this though, if they are even thinking of doing that. I mean if the new content and raid give you the better gear along with the better guns, there'd be no point to going back to VOG would there.

What my level 30 package from dead orbit contained...
which pissed me off so I decided to do the bounties for Juju and Thorn.
B3s7vDaCcAA5T_-.jpg:orig

Level it up and pray they fix the DoT!

For sure, gotta use all these energies on something!

Well done. I'm missing Supe Good Time (or whatever it's called) which I'm currently just on (Xurs pissed off so have to wait till Friday again now) and Invectus. Currently levelling up Vex, Thorn and The Last Word. All great weapons.

The two that I need to finish off collecting is Thunderlord and Hawkmoon...
One will hopefully show up with Xur but the other is pure RNG.
Lootgods be favourable to me for the coming reset. lol good luck with your bounties!

Heel

Honestly does feel like I was spinning my wheels uphill for nothing if it'll be simple to get to level 30 post-expansion. I understand they want the content accessible to everyone, but Christ does that give me reason to reflect on how much time I've wasted on this game.

Wonder when the 2nd DLC rolls around, are they going to introduce armor that will help level 28s and 29s get closer to the light level for the 2nd DLC raid? Just as they are doing with the TDB DLC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If that happens, I'm finished with the game for good. I'll uninstall it immediately and try to get the money for the season pass back.

Turning all that work to get to level 30 into nothing would be the biggest kick in the balls Bungie could do. Getting 30 gear in IB was already bullshit but at least it was only two pieces and they were extremely ugly.
So uninstall, and go about trying to get your money back. Luke works for Bungie, there's no need to "if."

I was very confident the new raid would start at level 28, but the idea that we're going to have people complaining both about not having made it to 30 by the DLC and that the DLC makes getting to 30 easier is too much for my face right now. Just uninstall and move on.

Keep in mind, it will be possible to run the new raid, assuming it is level 30, as a level 29 character, just like the hard VoG. It won't be as easy as if everyone was 30, but it will be possible. Anyone can get to 29 with zero reliance on RNG (buy armor/weapons from vanguard/crucible, exotics from Xur, shards and enerygy from dismantling and the raid), so you're not really locking anyone out, besides the people who don't have time to do any raid in the first place, or are too lazy to level up their gear.
You'll be able to res, so it will be an order of magnitude easier than 29s trying hard VoG.

Arrrammis

Honestly does feel like I was spinning my wheels uphill for nothing if it'll be simple to get to level 30 post-expansion. I understand they want the content accessible to everyone, but Christ does that give me reason to reflect on how much time I've wasted on this game.

The level 30 gear they'll sell(assuming they do) will most likely not be as easily obtained as a lot of people seem to think. For the vanguard and Crucible armors, you have to spend a ton of time gaining rep before you can actually buy them, so I expect the new armor to be the same. Also, the current level 30 armor has great perks exclusive to the VoG (not so much IB, but still nice), and I doubt the new armor will be anything more than normal legendary bonuses with a bit more light tacked on.

Frenden

Banned
So uninstall, and go about trying to get your money back. Luke works for Bungie, there's no need to "if."

I was very confident the new raid would start at level 28, but the idea that we're going to have people complaining both about not having made it to 30 by the DLC and that the DLC makes getting to 30 easier is too much for my face right now. Just uninstall and move on.

You'll be able to res, so it will be an order of magnitude easier than 29s trying hard VoG.

Yeah. In light of the 30 requirement, a "level up your factions and use marks to buy legendaries" style progression option makes sense. If they didn't have that, 28 as a starting point would've seemed fairer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. In light of the 30 requirement, a "level up your factions and use marks to buy legendaries" style progression option makes sense. If they didn't have that, 28 would have made more sense. As it stands, I'm pretty okay with the potential path forward.
mm, yeah, I'd have fretted about it for a while but Luke swept in with a hush puppy on that. this would have been my second guess as to how they'd handle it. Interested to see how much 29 warlock fares in there, he was likely referring to something wholly outside of raiding in his comment, but it would be cool to be able to jump 29->31 with some higher light

CLBridges

I've been doing Hard mode for so long I forgot about this very important point, 'the ability to res on normal lol'. Bungie should put this disclaimer on the new raid "Yeah, new raid is 30 normal, but remember, you can res on normal guys".

CornDogg

One question I do have for Bungie though. Will the weekly lock-out be removed from VOG once TDB releases? Only thing I can compare this to right now is FFXIV, where once a new raid is released, there is weekly lockout on that one but lifted on the older content.

I suspect the lockout for VoG will stick around, but will just be separate from CE.

Frenden

Banned
mm, yeah, I'd have fretted about it for a while but Luke swept it with a hush puppy on that. this would have been my second guess as to how they'd handle it. Interested to see how much 29 warlock fares in there, he was likely referring to something wholly outside of raiding in his comment, but it would be cool to be able to jump 29->31 with some higher light

Yeah. This does two things. It removes folks from the forever 29 club and prepares them for the new raid. It seems a fair way to handle it.

The one thing I'm upset about is why not just have the level 30 armor available now? Why wait until the DLC. . Make it cost 200 points. is farming the raid 3 times as fast as possible to hopefully get a specific armor drop the way Bungie intended us to play?

Deku Tree

The one thing I'm upset about is why not just have the level 30 armor available now? Why wait until the DLC. . Make it cost 200 points. is farming the raid 3 times as fast as possible to hopefully get a specific armor drop the way Bungie intended us to play?

But it's probably level 31 armor not 30.

realcZk

Want to help a couple of us get the Clan strike trophy? I don't mind doing the weekly heroic again.
unfortunately I don't believe that trophy is obtainable on anything other than regular strikes. when we got it we had to do a normal strike from the orbit map, playlist or weekly never counted.

Spy

I may be in the minority, but I'd feel shafted if it were as simple as buying higher light gear from the cryptarch to hit level 30. It shouldn't be that easy.

I may be in the minority, but I'd feel shafted if it were as simple as buying higher light gear from the cryptarch to hit level 30. It shouldn't be that easy.

I'm sure there will be plenty of grinding rep or some such before hand, but gear from a vendor is probably going to be how they do it.

gdt

New raid is 30? Damn that locks out more casual gamers hard. I've been helping a friend out and told her new raid will be 28.

Hell, I was hoping us 30s would have a leg up in terms of difficulty for CE.

Anyone available for 15-20 minutes to run a quick strike and help rNilla and I get the clan strike achievement?

Warm feelings come with the completion.

Temujen

Neo Member
I don't understand. Getting to 30 is pure luck, no hard work. You want to cut out all the players who didn't have the chance of getting raid armor in spite of doing the Vault of Glass every week since it's there ?

No, it's not pure luck - if you keep doing the raid you will eventually get all the gear. I've gotten each part of the raid gear at least two or three times. And several VoCs, the Vex and each of the other guns at least once (except for Fatebringer). I can't just "be lucky".

And having all that time turn into a complete waste is really making me reevaluate playing the game. Why work for anything if you can just wait to get it for free?

I've defended this game a lot in the past months, but if they really turn all the hours I spent on it into nothing, then it's probably time to stop playing.

Frenden

Banned
No, it's not pure luck - if you keep doing the raid you will eventually get all the gear. I've gotten each part of the raid gear at least two or three times. And several VoCs, the Vex and each of the other guns at least once (except for Fatebringer). I can't just "be lucky".

And having all that time turn into a complete waste is really making me reevaluate playing the game. Why work for anything if you can just wait to get it for free?

I've defended this game a lot in the past months, but if they really turn all the hours I spent on it into nothing, then it's probably time to stop playing.

Random is random. There are folks who run the raid a heap and don't hit 30. Your case is not indicative of all experiences.

Giving folks a path forward to the new content makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom