• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make sense and be consistent with Bungies previous way of doing things DrCrispy is also level 31 and doesn't appear to be wearing TDB raid gear so...

Whelp. Gotta start saving up those marks

theyre probably not gonna be for sale at the normal vendors. Can't wait to see the hoops Eris will make us jump through

Temujen

Neo Member
There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

If that happens, I'm finished with the game for good. I'll uninstall it immediately and try to get the money for the season pass back.

Turning all that work to get to level 30 into nothing would be the biggest kick in the balls Bungie could do. Getting 30 gear in IB was already bullshit but at least it was only two pieces and they were extremely ugly.

EL CUCO

Luke Smith just tweeted that it's going to start at 30. So dumb. They might have just unsold me on the DLC.

14u372l.png

I'm guessing Eris will sell level 30 light gear.

Jinjo

Ugh that's dumb. Thanks for cutting out most of my (casual) friends (and tons of other people) out of the new raid Bungie. Was really hoping for 28 so I could experience it first time with my actual friends. This non-RNG will probably be another bullshit grind and take weeks for them to get to lv30.

And Thorn is mine! "Xyor meet Gjallarhorn."
All available exotic bounties completed.
Time to have some fun.

Well done. I'm missing Supe Good Time (or whatever it's called) which I'm currently just on (Xurs pissed off so have to wait till Friday again now) and Invectus. Currently levelling up Vex, Thorn and The Last Word. All great weapons.

Ryhian

Looking to do VOG HM with my 30 hunter. Doesn't matter if fresh or a later checkpoint. Never done HM only NM.

Also wouldn't mind doing VOG on NM for my 27 Lock if someone wouldn't mind.

PSN: Ryhian

If that happens, I'm finished with the game for good. I'll uninstall it immediately and try to get the money for the season pass back.

Turning all that work to get to level 30 into nothing would be the biggest kick in the balls Bungie could do. Getting 30 gear in IB was already bullshit but at least it was only two pieces and they were extremely ugly.

I can somewhat agree with this. I'm assuming it will be just as much of a grind for the new gear you will be able to get from Eris most likely. They can't cut out what is assumed to be large swaths of the player base out of the new content though, and RNG does keep screwing some people over for certain things *cough* vex mythoclast *cough*.

This same thing will continually happen going forward, and it will still take effort to get to to the top. WoW let's you get one character to 90 now for free off the bat, but it doesn't invalidate all the hard work other people put into their game.

Hyun Sai

There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

People who still want to run VOG for 30 can, or they can acquire new gear in TDB that will get them to - and somewhat above 30 - for TDB progression.

So no way of upgrading or current equipment (armor or weapons) to 31 (or 320+ atk) then ? It's all in the dump ?

Lima

Is this confirmed? I thought they said you can upgrade exotics to match the light levels in the new DLCs. I'd hope they would do the same with the raid gear (aside from the armor)..

Exotics yes.

Legendary gear wouldn't make sense. Why would you want to get the new raid weapons with 331 attack rating? Yeah because your old guns are shit. We just have to wait and see though. I wouldn't be surprised.

CLBridges

Oh, does Luke Smith work for Bungie? I just saw the post from him confirming some info. about Dark Below. I originally speculated that the new raid would be 28 normal 32 hard, but that was based on current VOG being 26 normal 30 hard (4 level separation).

Hyun Sai

Gotta get dat new shit. You like your Fatebringer? Too bad for you.

I will like it when i'll have one ah ah.

I don't understand. Getting to 30 is pure luck, no hard work. You want to cut out all the players who didn't have the chance of getting raid armor in spite of doing the Vault of Glass every week since it's there ?

Exotics yes.

Legendary gear wouldn't make sense. Why would you want to get the new raid weapons with 331 attack rating? Yeah because your old guns are shit. We just have to wait and see though. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah I'm gonna' wait and see for all of this

Oh boy, now im second guessing my plan to delete my 2nd warlock and start a hunter.

That's exactly what I did this week and got my hunter to 28-29 in two days. Ran VOG last night and all I got was shards. My warlock got to 30 through RNG but my Titan needed IB gear. Have no idea how my hunter will hit 30

EL CUCO

Oh, does Luke Smith work for Bungie? I just saw the post from him confirming some info. about Dark Below. I originally speculated that the new raid would be 28 normal 32 hard, but that was based on current VOG being 26 normal 30 hard (4 level separation).

Yes.

For some reason I always had the impression TDB Raid would start at 28 too. I think that was the leaked data mining info that said that.

I really hope Bungie takes out ascendant materials in the loot tables for bosses in the Crota raid.

For the love of your fan base, please make the madness stop.

CLBridges

One question I do have for Bungie though. Will the weekly lock-out be removed from VOG once TDB releases? Only thing I can compare this to right now is FFXIV, where once a new raid is released, there is weekly lockout on that one but lifted on the older content.

rNilla

Finally reunited with my PS4. Any kind souls want to help me get the Clan trophy for the Strike? Can whip through the Nexus real quick or do a Tiger strike. Whatever works.

gdt

One question I do have for Bungie though. Will the weekly lock-out be removed from VOG once TDB releases? Only thing I can compare this to right now is FFXIV, where once a new raid is released, there is weekly lockout on that one but lifted on the older content.
Hopefully for gear but not for exotics.

Deku Tree

Probably not for players who don't have the DLC.

Arrrammis

Keep in mind, it will be possible to run the new raid, assuming it is level 30, as a level 29 character, just like the hard VoG. It won't be as easy as if everyone was 30, but it will be possible. Anyone can get to 29 with zero reliance on RNG (buy armor/weapons from vanguard/crucible, exotics from Xur, shards and enerygy from dismantling and the raid), so you're not really locking anyone out, besides the people who don't have time to do any raid in the first place, or are too lazy to level up their gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom