• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not pure luck - if you keep doing the raid you will eventually get all the gear. I've gotten each part of the raid gear at least two or three times. And several VoCs, the Vex and each of the other guns at least once (except for Fatebringer). I can't just "be lucky".

And having all that time turn into a complete waste is really making me reevaluate playing the game. Why work for anything if you can just wait to get it for free?

I've defended this game a lot in the past months, but if they really turn all the hours I spent on it into nothing, then it's probably time to stop playing.

By its very nature RNG is based on luck.

I have 3 hunters and I run the raid every week since it was open. I am still do not have the raid chest. Luck is luck.

FyreWulff

New raid is 30? Damn that locks out more casual gamers hard. I've been helping a friend out and told her new raid will be 28.

Hell, I was hoping us 30s would have a leg up in terms of difficulty for CE.

Raids aren't casual content, though.

E92 M3

Every 30 from VoG and IB is a minority. You have to be fooling yourself if you think more than 20% of Destiny's population is 30.

Well, I think the core players provide a lot of blood to the game.

Yes.

The gear I mentioned previously will upgrade (in terms of Light) to 31, but upon initial acquisition it will have less Light than fully upgraded VOG gear.

Does being a 30 currently only grant us the ability to play the raid right away? And even then I assume the enemies to be 31. I'm guessing our raid gear is for naught now.

No, it's not pure luck - if you keep doing the raid you will eventually get all the gear. I've gotten each part of the raid gear at least two or three times. And several VoCs, the Vex and each of the other guns at least once (except for Fatebringer). I can't just "be lucky".

And having all that time turn into a complete waste is really making me reevaluate playing the game. Why work for anything if you can just wait to get it for free?

I've defended this game a lot in the past months, but if they really turn all the hours I spent on it into nothing, then it's probably time to stop playing.

I kinda feel the same, about really stressing to get to 30. Sucks to just have it thrown away with the expansion. There needs to be some kind of ways of doing things where progress doesn't get "reset" with each expansion. I know a lot of us here put hundreds of hours into the game and I feel like the expansion shouldn't equalize us with everyone else. Hopefully there are more things to be revealed though.

Frenden

Banned
I don't envy their tight-rope walk between making the hardcore folks happy and keeping the game accessible. Giving the more casual folks a path forward while still allowing the folks who've already beaten RNGesus about the face, head, chest, and neck for level 30 gear immediate access seems a good compromise. What else could they really do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been doing Hard mode for so long I forgot about this very important point, 'the ability to res on normal lol'. Bungie should put this disclaimer on the new raid "Yeah, new raid is 30 normal, but remember, you can res on normal guys".
lol, my most recent newbie raid after being in hard so much, it was like we were superhuman. Somebody would die and get frustrated with themselves and I'd be like, "hahaha, dooon't worry about it." We even recovered from 4 dead 2 alive once. Hard is just a whole different level of pain with that restriction.
This is so fundamentally wrong, such a deep misunderstanding of probability from top to bottom, that you probably are better off just stopping because of how eventually frustrating it will be when the pendulum swings the other way. You are, in fact, just lucky.
It won't be "free." Ridiculous claim.
I don't even get how offering another avenue to 30 is doing that. You're still already there. You won't have to do whatever people aren't will have to do to get there. Filling my mind with fuck, you are.

Bloodsent

I entirely expect there to be ways in the DLC for Guardians to get to 30 without the direct need to raid VoG HM. I don't expect it to be handed to people over the course of completing the DLC content, but not a grind either.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Honestly does feel like I was spinning my wheels uphill for nothing if it'll be simple to get to level 30 post-expansion. I understand they want the content accessible to everyone, but Christ does that give me reason to reflect on how much time I've wasted on this game.

I can understand this thought process which is why I think everyone would have been a-ok with Crota's End starting at Level 28.

Don't fret though, I'm sure those of us in the Forever 29 club will have to grind our faces off to get the new gear and then level it up enough to hit 30.

Spy

Well, I think the core players provide a lot of blood to the game.

Does being a 30 currently only grant us the ability to play the raid right away? And even then I assume the enemies to be 31. I'm guessing our raid gear is for naught now.

I kinda feel the same, about really stressing to get to 30. Sucks to just have it thrown away with the expansion. There needs to be some kind of ways of doing things where progress doesn't get "reset" with each expansion. I know a lot of us here put hundreds of hours into the game and I feel like the expansion shouldn't equalize us with everyone else. Hopefully there are more things to be revealed though.
Completely agree. I feel like all of the hours I put into running raids were pointless if you can just buy equal or higher gear from a vendor now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New raid is 30? Damn that locks out more casual gamers hard. I've been helping a friend out and told her new raid will be 28.

Hell, I was hoping us 30s would have a leg up in terms of difficulty for CE.
28, assuming there are level 32 enemies by the final fight, will be rough but 29 will be just fine. Remember you can be rezzed.
What do you mean about only, what other effect did you expect it to have?

I assume there will be level 32 enemies by the end if it's like the VoG's structure for enemies.

edit: huh. more people than I expect defending an unflinching gear treadmill that gates content over something more casually accessible. hmm.

there's not going to be be a way of doing this that makes everyone happy. 0% possibility of that. I hope everyone can keep that in mind.

Heel

Keep these motherfuckers in line, Show!

eq1yNHz.png

YT5ArYB.png

I don't envy their tight-rope walk between making the hardcore folks happy and keeping the game accessible. Giving the more casual folks a path forward while still allowing the folks who've already beaten RNGesus about the face, head, chest, and neck for level 30 gear immediate access seems a good compromise. What else could they really do?

I don't either. Hardcore gamers have more time than God apparently, and these reactions goes to show you what happens when Bungie slights the vocal minority.

gdt

Which is why IMO Lvl 28 was the best place to start the new raid. Anyone can get there with time, and gives the 30s a leg up in terms of difficulty. And then everyone needs the new raid gear anyway.

There will be a predictable (read: non-RNG) way to get any of your characters in the door for Crota's End in Dark Below.

People who still want to run VOG for 30 can, or they can acquire new gear in TDB that will get them to - and somewhat above 30 - for TDB progression.

PVE? Please no more ib. Some of us hate pvp.

Frenden

Banned
Which is why IMO Lvl 28 was the best place to start the new raid. Anyone can get there with time, and gives the 30s a leg up in terms of difficulty. And then everyone needs the new raid gear anyway.

If they do that, they tell the folks who are 30 that they may as well have stayed 28/29. By making the 28/29's do a little work to get ready, they validate some of the time of the more lucky or hardcore or whatever you want to call it.

The more I think about it, the more this all makes perfect sense.

gdt

28, assuming there are level 32 enemies by the final fight, will be rough but 29 will be just fine. Remember you can be rezzed.

I assume there will be level 32 enemies by the end if it's like the VoG's structure for enemies.

edit: huh. more people than I expect defending an unflinching gear treadmill that gates content over something more casually accessible. hmm.

there's not going to be be a way of doing this that makes everyone happy. 0% possibility of that. I hope everyone can keep that in mind.

Final enemies should be 31 actually....at least going by this raid.

E92 M3

Well, would be nice to have a bone thrown or some kind of unique item. Overall, I just don't want the expansion to equalize everyone and make everything kinda for nothing. Because our armor and weapons from VOG will become obsolete. I never played MMOs before Destiny, so don't know all of the nuances. Just stating my opinion that there is barely anyway to distinguish between people that put time into the game and the ones that just play here and there. I don't feel to feel silly for playing more and getting to the same spot as someone else does in 10 hours. I loved Destiny, but just want to have more fancy items for dedication.

Frenden

Banned
Well, would be nice to have a bone thrown or some kind of unique item. Overall, I just don't want the expansion to equalize everyone and make everything kinda for nothing. Because our armor and weapons from VOG will become obsolete. I never played MMOs before Destiny, so don't know all of the nuances. Just stating my opinion that there is barely anyway to distinguish between people that put time into the game and the ones that just play here and there. I don't feel to feel silly for playing more and getting to the same spot as someone else does in 10 hours. I loved Destiny, but just want to have more fancy items for dedication.

You get first access to the new content without needing to do the extra work the 28/29s need to do.

gdt

If they do that, they tell the folks who are 30 that they may as well have stayed 28/29. By making the 28/29's do a little work to get ready, they validate some of the time of the more lucky or hardcore or whatever you want to call it.

The more I think about it, the more this all makes perfect sense.

But I might as well have stayed 29 if I can just buy the new gear which will get me higher. Same situation.

I know it's not gonna satisfy everyone but....I dunno. I feel like making the new minimum 30 and then making that easily achievable isn't the answer. Not for the first DLC.

Frenden

Banned

But I might as well have stayed 29 if I can just buy the new gear which will get me higher. Same situation.

I know it's not gonna satisfy everyone but....I dunno. I feel like making the new minimum 30 and then making that easily achievable isn't the answer. Not for the first DLC.

Not really? If you stayed 29, you'd have to do whatever tasks will be required to get to 30/31 and play the new raid. You're still ahead of the game.

4 level 30's mind helping my friend and I, 2 level 29s at Atheon HM? So close over the last few days and we can't get over the hump. We have max armor for a 29 and max weapons.

Ps4 KoruptData

Would be our first time. Both need helmet for level 30.

No one said it was easy. It'll likely be grinding rep from Eris. Nothing is "easy" about grinding rep. That takes a lot of time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Final enemies should be 31 actually....at least going by this raid.
there aren't level 28 enemies during the Atheon fight...?
I don't enjoy this kind of vertical progression in mmos at all; it's not for me. my version of destiny would never raise the level cap. but this "make numbers go up" is what people want. To be clear, you're saying hitting 30 before the dlc should have given out a unique item that then won't be obtainable for later players?

If someone picks up the dark below and gets from level 20 to 30 in 10 hours you'll have a legitimate gripe. But for people who have been stuck just trying to go from 29 to 30 for over a month, it feels a lot like "the least they can do" to foster access to the new raid.

Remember you'll get to work tirelessly against RNG all over again to get from 31 to 32.

That's how like every loot based game/MMO with expansions has worked ever as far as I'm aware. That's my experience with WoW anyways.

Just that with Destiny, the "expansions" are a joke and aren't really "expansions" in the mmo sense of the word.

Am also imo, the light level should not be tied to character level. That shit is just stupid.

Charecter level should go up by 5/10 levels per expansion and then light should be a separate stat.

Bungie messed this up by wanting enemies to never be too weak to fight against as per the current system that no matter how high a level you are you still won't do x more damage to x enemy because you're a higher level than them.

Such a stupid system.

4 level 30's mind helping my friend and I, 2 level 29s at Atheon HM? So close over the last few days and we can't get over the hump. We have max armor for a 29 and max weapons.

Ps4 KoruptData

Would be our first time. Both need helmet for level 30.

Any space left?? Would like to finish what we started and kill him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom