• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

I simply don't understand complaints of current gear becoming "obsolete" with new expansions. It's still incredibly useful for it's level, but with new content comes new levels and new, more powerful gear should follow. That's the point of a loot system, isn't it? I don't want to use the VoC through Level 35 and I don't expect Oracle Disruptor to be useful beyond VoG.

If we're going to argue for an upgrade path then I want upgrades for my Stranger's Rifle, Khovostov, and pieces of blue armor that are actually interesting.

I simply don't understand complaints of current gear becoming "obsolete" with new expansions. It's still incredibly useful for it's level, but with new content comes new levels and new, more powerful gear should follow. That's the point of a loot system, isn't it? I don't want to use the VoC through Level 35 and I don't expect Oracle Disruptor to be useful beyond VoG.

If we're going to argue for an upgrade path then I want upgrades for my Stranger's Rifle, Khovostov, and pieces of blue armor that are actually interesting.

I think we are all having post traumatic stress from the RNG system getting to 30 and now that we may all have to go into its depths again to level up we are going all cross eyed and foaming at the mouth while convulsing and cursing RNGesus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why does my post get picked on between all of them! :p
Sorry, you're totally right- it wasn't at all meant to be a response to just you, I should have quoted some more in the same vein.
I really don't care, I have all the gear and such and my characters are at or can get to 30 with mats and me not being lazy, the point I am trying to make is that they haven't fixed that problem of one person getting all raid armour in one go versus months of spotty loot drops. They just are providing a band aid that allows them to get people to the level they want for people to want to purchase the DLC. The loot system needs to be fixed, there will always be a weapon or something you may NEVER get your hands on and that just plain sucks.
The problem you're referring to is just RNG in a nutshell. You fall at the one extreme and everyone has everything they want, immediately, and gets bored. You fall at the other and the "rare crew" with maxed level and everything they want is so unbearably rare that it dissuades people from even trying.

Destiny's in the middle somewhere, and daily debate happens as to whether or not it should be moving further in one direction or the other. I know the sensation of "NEVER getting your hands on" something you want; at the individual level it always sucks. But look around you, does it seem like every

Bungie needs to ease up on the OCD inducing loot system so people can focus on playing and having fun, not getting bummed out from another poor loot drop they won't have a chance to roll again for another week or being left behind in levels due to RNG, which will continue in TDB because the purchasable gear will only get you to 31.
I try not to get into these stark terms so much, but...

What Bungie does or doesn't need to do, from their perspective, will come down to financials. Not to write us off completely, and I do believe this community and others like it will play an influential role in the ongoing development of future content... but talk is cheap. If players continue to shell out money with the basic structure they've instituted, they won't be motivated to change it.
Really, we can't debate this until we see what tomorrow's patch and TDB bring to us from playing it ourselves. Time will tell.
There's a patch tomorrow? Whoa where was the annoucement?

Strider

I hope people will still wanna Hard VoG when the DLC hits. Still need some exotics.

They will for sure and I'll be one of them. Still want that Fatebringer and those chests could still drop Gjallarhorn :D

Plus it'll be even faster now since everyone will be level 30+ with TDB gear. No more damage reduction.

hydruxo

I hope people will still wanna Hard VoG when the DLC hits. Still need some exotics.

I think the fact that you can still get exotics from VoG will make sure that it's always relevant. People might focus of the new raid for a while but I don't think people are going to completely stop running VoG unless they just don't need anything else from it.

That 300 attack Fatebringer is gonna look terrible in Crotas End compared to the new 331 attack handcannons.

It's crazy how old raid weapons will now become subpar. . will there really not be any upgrading system. What about old exotics?

And what should we expect in the patch?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still want a Fatebringer and Vex Mytho, friend. When will my time come? :(
Oh,
I still need Fatebringer, but even if I didn't...

at some point I'm gonna start doing a level 30 weekly run of the Hard VoG.

Will always be happy to take people willing to help too. Try to keep in mind how many people out there still haven't beaten it a single time
I don't care about that kind of stuff. Fatebringer is swagged out and I want all of the swagged out weapons. Fuck stats.
Preach. Need it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
FB will be great against Knights as well.
i forgot about that, but I'll run bladedancer for the nades and use VoC. I can fight knights much more effectively than wizards...

well I guess it depends... golden gun might be crucial at some parts. who knows what the mechanics will be.

pretty hyped.

Ghazi

I hope "tomorrow morning" means before 6 AM
3AQmK.gif

Frenden

Banned
Golden Gun has been a great help for Summoning Pits strikes/wizards. There should be something for both Hunter classes to contribute here, depending, like you said, on whatever unique mechanics are introduced.

Cruxist

I'm super hype for the DLC, but I'm also worried about the potential of lighting mechanics. The whole thing looks like it hinges on sight and being able to see the enemies. I've never been a huge fan of dark levels.

Maledict

Exotics yes.

Legendary gear wouldn't make sense. Why would you want to get the new raid weapons with 331 attack rating? Yeah because your old guns are shit. We just have to wait and see though. I wouldn't be surprised.

Because it isn't just the attack rating that matters. Unlike other MMOs, where the bigger number is always better and you always upgrade, Destiny has a *huge* amount of variety in its weapons. Each handles differently, and people prefer different types of weapon.

The expansion won't have as many weapons as the base game launched wi, we know that. So if there's no way to upgrade existing legendaries, you're narrowing the pool of items that are useable down even further which will absolutely be to the detriment of the game (it's already bad enough with the armour).

And that's not even considering the unique properties of some weapons, such as primaries with elemental damage, that won't be replicated in the expansion.

EL CUCO

I was thankfully able to put my Titan 26 through the Nightfall. Unfortunately, I got my 3rd Suros.

Why do you hate me, Gallajallarhorn?! :'(

phen0m24

I was thankfully able to put my Titan 26 through the Nightfall. Unfortunately, I got my 3rd Suros.

Why do you hate me, Gallajallarhorn?! :'(

Do not speak evil against the gjallahallahorn because it surely loves you and will serve you eagerly on the day of its arrival.
Just not this day

Sofa King

If legendary weapons cannot be upgraded, then everything you have that is not exotic will be useless in PVE high end stuff. This makes no sense. Are they gonna create new versions of legendary gear? You can only carry one exotic at a time. Will they change that 1 exotic at a time rule? Will they make a 32 VOG that you will have to grind for a new VOC, Fatebringer, etc....?

HighOnPCP

So with 2 whole new raid gear sets in the new raid I am getting worried.
Basically we have to get lucky twice as much now to get to may level?
People will be Stuck at 30/31 until 2016 god damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom