• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Been Tiger Striking all day....no Hawkmoon :(

On a side note a maxed Gjallarhorn makes the boss fights go so much quicker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Figuring out how to do those boss kill patrols is a game changer. I feel like there's so much about Destiny that I don't understand yet that is probably basic for everyone else.
Assassinations you mean, from the beacons with the star icon?

+25 rep is good stuff.

or did you mean the kill target public events? I feel like i have those down pretty good but I know a lot of people think they're frustrating to solo.

Trying out a theory if anyone would like to tag along, what we need is two people to run Atheon HM... the catch is, we need people who have already completed Atheon at least once. If you have a character that still needs it, that's even better. We only want one person at a time to get the drop...

As it stands, we need to do it three times
PSN deafmedal

I have a 29 Titan who has cleared and a 29 warlock who hasn't. Dr_LawyerCop if you still need someone.

Assassinations you mean, from the beacons with the star icon?

+25 rep is good stuff.

or did you mean the kill target public events? I feel like i have those down pretty good but I know a lot of people think they're frustrating to solo.

I meant the stuff on the bounty board like 'Defeat Divisive Mind in Black Garden with hero modifier active'. I had no idea how to activate the heroic modifier. I thought you had to wait for a strike with that specific enemy in it and the modifier already on. I've just been ignoring those missions cause I didn't want them clogging up my bounties but thanks to some GAFers setting me straight I was able to clear a few today. Really helps with the rep gaining.

gdt

I meant the stuff on the bounty board like 'Defeat Divisive Mind in Black Garden with hero modifier active'. I had not idea how to activate the heroic modifier. I thought you had to wait for a strike with that specific enemy in it and the modifier already on.

Lol wut

You've been missing out on a lot of easy xp friend

Lol wut

You've been missing out on a lot of easy xp friend

Ha I know :/

I still managed to get to level 25 pretty fast though so its all good.

In defense of my stupidity, my friend who was co-oping the game with me the entire time and had the game long before me didn't know either.

lunlunqq

Raid time! Calling upon 5 brave guardians to team up with me to vanquish HM Atheon in the darkest depth of the Vault of Glass. He gave me and my companions he'll the other day. I want a quick and sweet revenge tonight! If you are interested, please let me know. PSN: lunlunqq

I meant the stuff on the bounty board like 'Defeat Divisive Mind in Black Garden with hero modifier active'. I had no idea how to activate the heroic modifier. I thought you had to wait for a strike with that specific enemy in it and the modifier already on. I've just been ignoring those missions cause I didn't want them clogging up my bounties but thanks to some GAFers setting me straight I was able to clear a few today. Really helps with the rep gaining.

damn

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Raid time! Calling upon 5 brave guardians to team up with me to vanquish HM Atheon in the darkest depth of the Vault of Glass. He gave me and my companions he'll the other day. I want a quick and sweet revenge tonight! If you are interested, please let me know. PSN: lunlunqq
2 of us. My PSN is jaguwar.

I would do full run as well.

forrest

formerly nacire

Just Atheon or full run?

I can go on my 29 warlock or 30 Hunter if we can't get enough 30s. Dr_LawyerCop.

I'm game. I have max Ghorn

j_rocca42

i'm down. level 30 titan. j_rocca42

Messiek

Hey guys, since Destiny launch people have been complaining about the lack of a 'trade system' . I was thinking about it and came up with something that might fit the game perfectly, so let me begin the explanation.

Destiny could really use a Gift System , but that's not as simple as it sounds. This system would allow you to send gifts to friends with a few requirements. (Gifting is available once you hit level 20.)

Oh, so I'll gift my second hawkmoon to my friend!

• Not really. When sending a gift you're not sending the exact item, instead you're sending a random item of that rarity.
So let's say I do send my second Hawkmoon to my friend, what would happen?
  • When opening the gift he would receive a random exotic weapon since you send him an exotic. Same thing for legendary , and of course raid gear would not be available this way.
Ha! I'll send him a legendary I don't want and then he send it back to me! It's an infinite reroll.

• Gifted items can't be gifted back. Preventing that problem and if you don't want the gift, just dismantle it.
I'll send tons of gifts, my friend and I will have all the exotics! Take dat RNGesus.

• You can only send 1 gift per week, preventing people to get items fast (that seems to be a problem, right?!)

A few examples:

• Send a Gjallarhorn - Receive a Suros (what a waste, nobody would do that)
  • Send a Found Verdict - Receive a The devil you know. (couldn't get any better)
  • Send a The Armamentarium - Receive a Heart of the Praxic Fire (GG)

I thinks this fits the game perfectly because it have the right amount of RNG(which is a lot btw) and it's a new way to maybe, just maybe, get that exotic or legendary you or your friend need.

I hope you guys understand the concept and let me know what you think! If you have any doubts and questions just let me know in the comments. I tried to be as clear as possible.

As a community, let's improve this concept and pray to RNGesus! (because you know that the chances of something like this to be implemented in the game are as random as RNGesus itself).

I posted the same thing on reddit.

Ghazi

Hey guys, since Destiny launch people have been complaining about the lack of a 'trade system' . I was thinking about it and came up with something that might fit the game perfectly, so let me begin the explanation.

Destiny could really use a Gift System , but that's not as simple as it sounds. This system would allow you to send gifts to friends with a few requirements. (Gifting is available once you hit level 20.)

• Not really. When sending a gift you're not sending the exact item, instead you're sending a random item of that rarity.

• When opening the gift he would receive a random exotic weapon since you send him an exotic. Same thing for legendary , and of course raid gear would not be available this way.

• Gifted items can't be gifted back. Preventing that problem and if you don't want the gift, just dismantle it.

• You can only send 1 gift per week, preventing people to get items fast (that seems to be a problem, right?!)

A few examples:

• Send a Found Verdict - Receive a The devil you know. (couldn't get any better)

I thinks this fits the game perfectly because it have the right amount of RNG(which is a lot btw) and it's a new way to maybe, just maybe, get that exotic or legendary you or your friend need.

I hope you guys understand the concept and let me know what you think! If you have any doubts and questions just let me know in the comments. I tried to be as clear as possible.

As a community, let's improve this concept and pray to RNGesus! (because you know that the chances of something like this to be implemented in the game are as random as RNGesus itself).

I get the Super Good Advice bounty many times. It's short and simple. I repeat said bounty for the SGA so I have an exotic weapon over and over again each week (if I'm lucky to get it). I send and/or charge my friends the SGA as a gift and they get a Hawkmoon or Gjallarhorn.

It's already been exploited. The problem with your system is that people will route the most efficient way to get weapons of a tier and abuse it. Everyone playing this game is already working the most efficient ways to do everything in it, your system now offers rewards to other for doing it.

That's for weapons, at least. However, someone with a lot of coins (MANY PEOPLE) can buy multiples of armor from Xur and send them each week to people.

Deku Tree

A few examples:

So I can gift all my garbage exotics and hope they turn into Suros and Gjallahorn?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

A few examples:

i was thinking it would be nice if you could get a once a week (month?) token to an auction house of some sort. sell an item or buy an item = 1 token. you set the "price" (specific items for trade, materials, glimmer, etc) for items you are selling, or willing to pay for items you buy.

Guys what's the best way to upload videos? (I'm not very good with tech)

I just won a rumble match with about 80% of kills just meleeing people and blade dancing... So much fun haha!

LordofPwn

I've been absent from here for most of the weekend. I know there is an update tomorrow morning. but outside of that what have i missed?

Messiek

I get the Super Good Advice bounty many times. It's short and simple. I repeat said bounty for the SGA so I have an exotic weapon over and over again each week (if I'm lucky to get it). I send and/or charge my friends the SGA as a gift and they get a Hawkmoon or Gjallarhorn.

It's already been exploited. The problem with your system is that people will route the most efficient way to get weapons of a tier and abuse it. Everyone playing this game is already working the most efficient ways to do everything in it, your system now offers rewards to other for doing it.

That's for weapons, at least. However, someone with a lot of coins (MANY PEOPLE) can buy multiples of armor from Xur and send them each week to people.

So I can gift all my garbage exotics and hope they turn into Suros and Gjallahorn?

Exotic bounty weapons couldn't get into the mix. And a few of the problems you mentioned is resolved with the "Gift only once a week" , even if he buys everything from Xur he can't send them all at once.
Your garbage exotic could be your friend's joy . lol

Deku Tree

Posting my Exotic Weapons collection:

Missing:

Hawkmoon
Univerisal Remote
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

So many of the exotics that I already have still have zero experience in them...
With my luck the next non-duplicate exotic weapon that I'll get will be "Univerisal Remote" (the worst of the ones I'm missing). Why do 3/4 of my missing exotics need to be some of the best ones?

Messiek

i was thinking it would be nice if you could get a once a week (month?) token to an auction house of some sort. sell an item or buy an item = 1 token. you set the "price" (specific items for trade, materials, glimmer, etc) for items you are selling, or willing to pay for items you buy.

That's one of the reasons I posted my idea, so people could start discussing this and have more ideas on the subject.

I've been absent from here for most of the weekend. I know there is an update tomorrow morning. but outside of that what have i missed?
A few more flawless raiders... Some beep bop boo stupid dlc/amazing dlc chatter between people.
Can you get a Hawkmoon from tiger strikes? My friends have all gotten them on Nightfall :(
Yeah there's a very very very small chance. Depends on RNG. You can even get it during a crucible match. But nightfall or the raid is the best (still slim) chance of getting it.

Deku Tree

New Raid is confirmed to be level 30. Eris is confirmed to sell legendary armor that can get you to level 31. Crota's End Raid open day 1. Crota's End Hard Raid might be level 33 (even though you can only get to level 32).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom