• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting my Exotic Weapons collection:

Missing:

Hawkmoon
Univerisal Remote
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

So many of the exotics that I already have still have zero experience in them...
With my luck the next non-duplicate exotic weapon that I'll get will be "Univerisal Remote" (the worst of the ones I'm missing). Why do 3/4 of my missing exotics need to be some of the best ones?
More vault space is much needed or it's time for you to have an exotic mule.

Hard mode raid. I will start with warlock lvl then switch to my titan at templar. I want to get him armor.

If interested add me.

Psn: Router_Go_Vroom

Messiek

By the feedback I'm getting in regards of my "Gift system" idea, I can tell that Bungie avoid in-game trades mainly because of the "Real money problem" it would cause.

Maybe bungie finds a way better to implement something, idk just wanted to share the idea : )

By the feed back I'm getting in regards of my "Gift system" idea, I can tell that Bungie avoid in-game trades mainly because of the "Real money problem" it would cause.

Maybe bungie finds a way better to implement something, idk just wanted to share the idea : )

The real money problem is just a risk people would have to take in my opinion. Or just have a system with one trade per week. The trade can be with multiple items and they all have an assigned value where the other trade has to match that (1 exotic for 1 exotic, 1 exotic for 3 legendaries). By having a ridiculously long restriction on how often you can trade prevents people from profiting off of Bungie.

Like who could sustain a business or waste their time if they can only make $5/week for a Hawkmoon (how much I would be willing to pay to get that damn gun).

(They could make a story or some crap about how only once Guardians meet up to trade loot and then they disperse swiftly and silent because acquiring another person loot is looked down upon as a guardian. . meh)

LordofPwn

A few more flawless raiders... Some beep bop boo stupid dlc/amazing dlc chatter between people.

Yeah there's a very very very small chance. Depends on RNG. You can even get it during a crucible match. But nightfall or the raid is the best (still slim) chance of getting it.

New Raid is confirmed to be level 30. Eris is confirmed to sell legendary armor that can get you to level 31. Crota's End Raid open day 1. Crota's End Hard Raid might be level 33 (even though you can only get to level 32).

Thanks for synopsis. Glad I didn't miss much. I was actually on right when Luke said 30 and non RNG way to get to 30.

Can't wait for the DLC. Even if the story will be bare bones I'll take any new content.
Finished Dragon Age so this will be a nice break from that.

If I'm not mistaken I've been seeing you over in the Dragon Age: I threads, yea I could use some DLC content to draw me back in instead of seeing this game as a chore.
Lol my edit.
Yeah Dragon Age has been a ton of fun. But it's hard to replay a large game like that. So this should be a nice break from that.

deafmedal

Spill the beans, what's the theory? I'd love to help, but...walking dead.
We want to see if it's guaranteed that HM Atheon always drops an item, and more specifically a hat. Everything is speculation right now, purely anecdotal observations, but we are curious none the less. We're gonna try again next weekend, at least three of us are gonna save an Atheon clear on one of our characters, we just need people to be willing to run it a few times with no drops...

Ghazi

We want to see if it's guaranteed that HM Atheon always drops an item, and more specifically a hat. Everything is speculation right now, purely anecdotal observations, but we are curious none the less. We're gonna try again next weekend, at least three of us are gonna save an Atheon clear on one of our characters, we just need people to be willing to run it a few times with no drops...

The last two times I've helped people run HM Atheon on Xbox, no one got a helmet. Not even a weapon.

Lol my edit.
Yeah Dragon Age has been a ton of fun. But it's hard to replay a large game like that. So this should be a nice break from that.

Replay? You beat it already? Wow impressive. I just got the game and I'm taking it slow so when my semester ends I can focus a lot of my time into that game. I have too many games to play at the moment but the one game I just keep on wanting to go back to and enjoy is Destiny. . I just need Bungie to allow me to enjoy the game.

Messiek

The real money problem is just a risk people would have to take in my opinion. Or just have a system with one trade per week. The trade can be with multiple items and they all have an assigned value where the other trade has to match that (1 exotic for 1 exotic, 1 exotic for 3 legendaries). By having a ridiculously long restriction on how often you can trade prevents people from profiting off of Bungie.

Like who could sustain a business or waste their time if they can only make $5/week for a Hawkmoon (how much I would be willing to pay to get that damn gun).

(They could make a story or some crap about how only once Guardians meet up to trade loot and then they disperse swiftly and silent because acquiring another person loot is looked down upon as a guardian. . meh)

I agree with you. The one trade/gift per week is good start, and restriction are probably the way to go. Bungie will find a way!

HighOnPCP

So I just couldn't handle getting NOTHING from the two Nightfalls I ran and the 4 Nightfalls before that...made a third warlock and got her to 30 today. Did the Nightfall and BOOM

a purple scout rifle

iWPPRCiaFiljn.gif

Interesting. I have two with clears, and one without. If you're still trying later, let me know.

So I just couldn't handle getting NOTHING from the two Nightfalls I ran and the 4 Nightfalls before that...made a third warlock and got her to 30 today. Did the Nightfall and BOOM

a purple scout rifle

iWPPRCiaFiljn.gif

Do you have 3 Warlocks? I have 3 Hunters. Welcome to the trifecta of shame

gdt

I'll never understand why people make doubles (or triples!) of the same class. Sharing gear isn't that much faster than just waiting till you get a full class set.

deafmedal

Interesting. I have two with clears, and one without. If you're still trying later, let me know.
Most of us are off for the night, but we're gonna try to at least get the clear tomorrow night, so if you still need it then(or wanna help :p)...

I guess we can rule out hats tho :S

Finally got my Thunderlord fully leveled. and man... when you get that drastic rate of fire speed increase from Lightning Rounds (coupled w/ Field Scout for huge ammo) and it really starts kicking in after a few seconds with the increased audio whine and the recoil going nuts, I always feel like the "riding the EAC" scene from Nemo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3RZ5zuLl48

"RIGHTEOUS... RIGHTEOUS!!!"

Dave_6

Well here's my Warlock. Got my hunter as high as it will go right now (29) so I figured it was time to get to work on my first alternate. Got it from around a 15 to what you see here in less than two hours thanks to having the helmet, Sunbreakers and the chest armor in my vault. Got them as drops with my hunter well over a month ago lol.

BTW I feel like I'm going to be so behind once the DLC hits. I've yet to even attempt my first hard VoG.

Serious question, why do you people have 3 of the same class
At first I rolled with 2 hunters. I manage to get the chest, helmet, and arms in one raid. When I did my second hunter right after, I got the boots. My titan and warlock got luck and I manage to get the boot, arms and helmet within 2 weeks. Using an exotic chest for both and IB boots for my titan.

3 chances per week at raid armor.

Seems like a lot of work for that

I'll never understand why people make doubles (or triples!) of the same class. Sharing gear isn't that much faster than just waiting till you get a full class set.

It's not for me either

I like Titans and have three so that they can share everything and I can roll multiple Nightfalls, raids, etc.

So it's Friday night, you're home and you just want to relax and play Destiny. Which of your three titans do you choose?

At first I rolled with 2 hunters. I manage to get the chest, helmet, and arms in one raid. When I did my second hunter right after, I got the boots. My titan and warlock got luck and I manage to get the boot, arms and helmet within 2 weeks. Using an exotic chest for both and IB boots for my titan.

So you've deleted characters?

spyder_ur

New Raid is confirmed to be level 30. Eris is confirmed to sell legendary armor that can get you to level 31. Crota's End Raid open day 1. Crota's End Hard Raid might be level 33 (even though you can only get to level 32).

Wait - really? I thought I saw something that said the normal new raid would be 28?

If that's true, that's kind of annoying to me. I've been playing heavily since the first day but haven't been blessed with enough armor drops to get any of my characters to 30 - they are all between 28-29. And now I'm going to be underleveled to do the raid, which is the main thing I am buying the DLC for?

We'll see how it plays out, but kinda bummed to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom