• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will Crota's End actually open up on 12/9? I thought there was a one week delay like VoG.

In the interview a while back with Bungie CEO Harold Ryan, he said it would be unlocked "over-time", but urk and luke have said recently that it'll be available launch day 12/9.

Maybe they plan to make it more story focused i.e. it won't be unlocked until you run some story missions and tasks for Eris.

Yes this was posted and confirmed yesterday, Luke commented here as well for some clarification. It seems the non-RNG gear may even get you to 31.

Oh ok, cool. I just noticed some people in the last few hours asking if this info had been confirmed. I shoulda known that 20 hour old info had already been posted here :)

realcZk

Maybe they plan to make it more story focused i.e. it won't be unlocked until you run some story missions and tasks for Eris.

That's a good point too. They did say in the vidoc that they are integrating Eris's story into everything this time (bounties, strikes, raid), so you probably have to complete the strike and some missions before you can raid, I'd assume.

Oh ok, cool. I just noticed some people in the last few hours asking if this info had been confirmed. I shoulda known that 20 hour old info had already been posted here :)

No worries! Just letting you know.

One week today we will all hopefully be awaiting the midnight launch of the expansion. I am worried it will be a 3am EST launch since Destiny was as well, I got the Ghost Edition at an EB midnight launch so I didn't have to wait on the digital front for another 3 hours.

I hope they just unlock whenever it is 12am in your part of the world since there is no physical copy to get.

No he said 31 in a second post that was replying to my speculation.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it. This non-RNG armour will basically be like the Vanguard armour that can be upgraded to 27 light and can get you max to level 29, 1 level below the max level of 30.

The Dark Below non-RNG armour will likely be sold by Erris, needing her rep and marks to get it, and will get you to 31, 1 level below the max of 32. Same system as the Vanguard non-RNG light armour.

Seems about right.

Deku Tree

It makes perfect sense when you think about it. This non-RNG armour will basically be like the Vanguard armour that gets to 27 light and can get you max to 29, 1 level below the max of 30.

The Dark Below non-RNG armour will likely be sold by Erris, needing her rep and marks to get it, and will get you to 31, 1 level below the max of 32.

Seems about right.

Yup. Same formula. No reason why they would change it. New armor will start lower but can level it up to 31.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Most likely, I would guess the armour that gets you to 32 will be Raid exclusive RNG drops, just like Vault of Glass.

yeah that makes sense. I should be able to get my alt up to speed in no time then if that's the case. I just hope that gear doesn't require different upgrade mats...

Jinjo

And IB gear just became useless again with the release of Crota lol. New IB gives light for lv32 hopefully?

Huh, that's strange. VoG is level 26 and 30. Now CE is going to be 30 and 32?

Unless they came to the conclusion how deceptive VoG is when saying 26 because plenty in it is 28, so anyone below that isn't that effective.

E92 M3

They need to add a better return rate for shards from broken down armor/weapons. Maybe like 60%? I'm going to hate breaking down my VOG armor for 3 or 2 shards.

I'm a little salty because all of my Level 30 friends will Raid right away while I still have grind away for Level 30 gear. At least the one week delay gave us Forever 29's a chance to catch up real quick.

Honestly I think 29s will be fine in the new raid, as long as there are a few 30s there. As people were discussing yesterday, don't discount the fact that it's still a normal mode raid and you can res people.

But maybe I'm just saying that because i'm #Forever29 and I want to raid.

Lima

Unless they came to the conclusion how deceptive VoG is when saying 26 because plenty in it is 28, so anyone below that isn't that effective.

From the info we have right now it will be 30 normal and 33 hard.

I'm a little salty because all of my Level 30 friends will Raid right away while I still have grind away for Level 30 gear. At least the one week delay gave us Forever 29's a chance to catch up real quick.

Sucks for the 29ers I guess, but I think its just fair to let us who are fortunate enough to be 30 to play it from the release date.

Strider

It would be dope if they added a level 32 version of VoG with more loot drops at bosses

I'll do anything for FateBringer

I think this was the mentality, along with getting people to buy the DLC with the enticement of getting to 30 without RNG.

They need to add a better return rate for shards from broken down armor/weapons. Maybe like 60%? I'm going to hate breaking down my VOG armor for 3 or 2 shards.

Yeah it makes no sense how you can put 18 shards or energy into upgrading something and the max you can get back is 3.

forrest

formerly nacire

Well if VoG normal is 26 and you can go in at 24, why wouldn't you be able to enter CE at 28 if it's lvl 30?

spyder_ur

Yup, I'm annoyed about 30 being the new raid level.

I've been playing heavily since the first day but haven't been blessed with enough armor drops to get any of my characters to 30 - they are all between 28-29. And now I'm going to be underleveled to do the raid, which is the main thing I am buying the DLC for?

We'll see how it plays out, but kinda bummed to hear that. I have a feeling that, like with the Hard Raid, 30s will be highly preferred. I guess it depends what the grind is like to get level 30 gear. If It's just playing through the story missions, that might be OK. But I was looking forward to grabbing a group from here and trying the new raid, and it looks like that will be tougher than anticipated. I thought 29s would be more than fine. I realize you can enter at 29, but still it kind of stinks.

HighOnPCP

Just went over some of the Eris bounties again and she has bounties where you have to kill enemies with shoulder charge, throwing knife and arc blade etc. and none for warlocks? So as a Warlock I just can't do those and don't get my "own"? cool bungie keep on hating us warlocks

X-Frame

Honestly I think 29s will be fine in the new raid, as long as there are a few 30s there. As people were discussing yesterday, don't discount the fact that it's still a normal mode raid and you can res people.

But maybe I'm just saying that because i'm #Forever29 and I want to raid.

Sent you a PM man!

Bizazedo

And IB gear just became useless again with the release of Crota lol. New IB gives light for lv32 hopefully?
Honestly, I'm surprised and shocked they got one IB in before the patch that had two pieces of level 30 armor. I was being negative and predicting it'd hit after Crota's, just to add to the misery of it all.

Well, you should have over 50 or 100 shards by now unless (and if you're doing this, it's understandable) you're slowly trying to get three dudes to 30. I haven't run a story mission for Ascendant material / public event in two to three weeks and still have 50 shards. And that's after having three different helmets, two arms, and two chests, and two boots maxed out for level 30 gear configurations based on stats for my Titan.

realcZk

Just went over some of the Eris bounties again and she has bounties where you have to kill enemies with shoulder charge, throwing knife and arc blade etc. and none for warlocks? So as a Warlock I just can't do those and don't get my "own"? cool bungie keep on hating us warlocks

Those bounties are interesting. I have a feeling they'll only show up for you if you're playing that class. Likely there will be a version of that bounty for warlocks and it might not involve any class-specific abilities.

Deku Tree

Yup, I'm annoyed about 30 being the new raid level.

I've been playing heavily since the first day but haven't been blessed with enough armor drops to get any of my characters to 30 - they are all between 28-29. And now I'm going to be underleveled to do the raid, which is the main thing I am buying the DLC for?

We'll see how it plays out, but kinda bummed to hear that. I have a feeling that, like with the Hard Raid, 30s will be highly preferred. I guess it depends what the grind is like to get level 30 gear. If It's just playing through the story missions, that might be OK. But I was looking forward to grabbing a group from here and trying the new raid, and it looks like that will be tougher than anticipated. I thought 29s would be more than fine. I realize you can enter at 29, but still it kind of stinks.

Normal CE raid will b much easier at 29 than VoG hard at 29 because revive...

If that info is correct heck yeah. Shit will be awesome. Still remember the first time we did hard VoG with a full 29 team.

Just seems odd given the previous pattern, unless there is some sort of extreme mode or something?

So CE may be 30 and 33 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom