• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You simply cannot give someone fucking 6 Strange Coins for that level 30 NF, Bungie. Fix your loot system. GODDAMNIT. :mad:

Zakalwe

Banned
Like not being able to double jump?

And all those pits that the wizards kept creating in the second mission. Hot lava yo.

Robbing us of an ability instead of creating interesting ways for us to use our skill set, and a few pools of dot aren't exactly bullet point worthy.

If I didn't really enjoy the new raid I'd probably feel like this DLC was a waste.

About to jump into DLC Crucible for the first time. I like the pvp so I hope this is good.

-

@everyone; The new no powers no skills mode sounds glorious. Any idea when we're getting that? :3

Just started again after 2 months. Within the first 5 enemies on my patrol of the moon I got a new legendary chest piece. Then went and bought vanguard pants and gloves. This should get me to 30 in a couple of days. I still have my level 30 exotic helmet.

Did they add exotic armor that I should be looking to get from Xur on Firday?

Nodnol

Morning all.

Spoilertag the answer for those that don't want to know, but can someone let me know the loot drops for Crota's End? As in how many and after what section?

Nice OT Hawkian. Can't believe we are at number 12!

Quoting for new page.

It's like a carrot I want to dangle for my other buddies to plow through the tough bits!

Plan C arc is much better than Murmur in arc mode. It doesn't take an exotic slot though

All in all Murmur is pretty sweet to have. Too bad you gotta get Eris to level 3 to finish off upgrading it.

DjRalford

Is the dlc crucible maps the only ones available on the DLC playlist?

Or are they mixed in with normal maps, as I keep getting the same 3 over and over

Robbing us of an ability instead of creating interesting ways for us to use our skill set, and a few pools of dot aren't exactly bullet point worthy.

If I didn't really enjoy the new raid I'd probably feel like this DLC was a waste.

About to jump into DLC Crucible for the first time. I like the pvp so I hope this is good.

-

@everyone; The new no powers no skills mode sounds glorious. Any idea when we're getting that? :3
Oh I certainly don't think they are some grounbreaking mechanics, but to blatantly say that they don't exist is factually wrong. Don't get me wrong, I feel as robbed as most people.
Must of missed the new mechanics. What were they?

See my post at the bottom of the previous page

Also, that "not being able to jump" is used in the Raid, as well as others.

Do the Raid before complaining, dude.

Man...the opening of the raid was fucking intense. I'm just wondering if there's any more chests down there....

Can't find any blades of Crota knights now that I have a bounty for them.

I have found 2 in 15 minutes on Earth in The Steppes. On the edge inside the building down the steps. You will see a notiification saying they have started a ritual and it has been there both times.

Oh I certainly don't think they are some grounbreaking mechanics, but to blatantly say that they don't exist is factually wrong. Don't get me wrong, I feel as robbed as most people.

Yeah, um, I wouldn't really say those things are particularly note worthy, even if they're new additions.

I liked the new story missions but fuck me they were over very quickly.

Just got a new legendary Fusion Rifle out of a blue engram.

This DLC is treating me well so far. That is two legendary random world drops in 4 hours.

Are all new legendary drops going to be the higher light versions? If so does that mean VoG is totally pointless since it drops the old shit?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I have found 2 in 15 minutes on Earth in The Steppes. On the edge inside the building down the steps. You will see a notiification saying they have started a ritual and it has been there both times.
Yeah I started finding them the second after I typed that. One came after me during a public event so it was fun using the sword during that.

CLBridges

Welp, got up to Crota and group decided to stop there, took about 4 hours at least, phew! Pretty sure we probably missed some loot chests during the journey, but it's all good.

That first loot chest is def. easy to get, so after we called it for the night, I logged in solo with my alt. warlock and hunter. Got the chest for both, radiant energy for warlock and radiant shards and raid cape for hunter, not bad.

Yeah I started finding them the second after I typed that. One came after me during a public event so it was fun using the sword during that.

It won't be long until a farm spot is established.

Edit: Just got all 3 of mine in the same spot in The Steppes. To the left of where you spawn along the edge of the map, go inside and downstairs for fast respawning hive and a Crota knight every 5-10 minutes.

Nodnol

The cost, and thus the value, of the DLC is an interesting one.

First up, the vanilla content is...erm..yeah. For a lot of people, it's not enough, not up to scratch. For most people in this thread (I appreciate we've had an influx of returning players thanks to the DLC dropping), we've been happy enough playing what we have been for the last three months. We wouldn't still be here.

It wasn't too long ago when $15 got you three MP maps.

So $20 for 3 MP maps, 3 "Story" missions, a new vender, updated gear, new gear, one (or two) new strikes and a new Raid. In that respect it doesn't look too bad.

Let's face it, most of us still playing daily at this point are going to continue to do so. There's no obligation or expectation there, but I know I will be.

I think the problem comes from what Bungie have promised or hinted at, both in terms of pre-release with the vanilla game, and with this DLC apparently being the product of listening to complaints. In that respect, it feels like a slap in the face, and rightly so. It's a proper smh moment, because if this is the best they can do when listening to feedback...

CaptDjob

Neo Member
People seemed to be upset with this weekly/nightfall lock down and rightfully so. Bungie could easily fix this by adding DLC weekly and nightfall as extras every time its their turn. This way everybody would be happy and DLC folks would get some extra coins every 6. weeks.

Because they need to fix this anyways before the next DLC. Then it would be 2 out of 7 weeks when vanilla guys could only watch and cry.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Man...the opening of the raid was fucking intense. I'm just wondering if there's any more chests down there....
I know of the location for 2 chests so far - one in that first section, and the other after the bridge, but before you fall down the hole.

The cost, and thus the value, of the DLC is an interesting one.

First up, the vanilla content is...erm..yeah. For a lot of people, it's not enough, not up to scratch. For most people in this thread (I appreciate we've had an influx of returning players thanks to the DLC dropping), we've been happy enough playing what we have been for the last three months. We wouldn't still be here.

It wasn't too long ago when $15 got you three MP maps.

So $20 for 3 MP maps, 3 "Story" missions, a new vender, updated gear, new gear, one (or two) new strikes and a new Raid. In that respect it doesn't look too bad.

Let's face it, most of us still playing daily at this point are going to continue to do so. There's no obligation or expectation there, but I know I will be.

I think the problem comes from what Bungie have promised or hinted at, both in terms of pre-release with the vanilla game, and with this DLC apparently being the product of listening to complaints. In that respect, it feels like a slap in the face, and rightly so. It's a proper smh moment, because if this is the best they can do when listening to feedback...

100% Agreed. I play almost daily and will continue to do so, but.. yeah. Before we knew about what was coming for Expansion I, I was really expecting a new planet to explore. I guess it still looks like we will get stuff on the Reef for Expansion II (based on that video showing the map of content etc, there was a Raid and Story events there).

I know of the location for 2 chests so far - one in that first section, and the other after the bridge, but before you fall down the hole.

Yeah me and my group missed that second one, even though we were hanging around in that area forever. We even tried dumb shit like opening all the doors the hive come out of, since you can open those doors if you bring out your ghost while you're standing next to them. Who knows....maybe there is more to that room.

Shito

Oh, Iron Banner 3 is already coming next week, isn't it?
I probably won't play it as much as I did for the last one, because "meh 33 light gear you can buy when you wish now", but if they introduce some good looking new armor, or cool weapons, I might dive again badly... ^^

Lima

So yeah dat Raid man. I got gauntlets from the first part. Chest piece after the second and boots from Crota. Got Helm of Saint 14 from Nightfall. Now I need me some of those radiant shards and I will already be level 32 on my Titan. Aw yiss

R0ckman

Seems Dragon's Breath may be the opposite of Horn, good at taking out large groups of enemies. Blast Radius seems insane.

I have about 6-8 hours to spare. Can we get a blind raid group going?
I did the first part with a random group yesterday, but I'm fine with doing it again if we can get a new group.

PS4

1) PewPewPewBow - 30 sunsinger (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

So yeah dat Raid man. I got gauntlets from the first part. Chest piece after the second and boots from Crota. Got Helm of Saint 14 from Nightfall. Now I need me some of those radiant shards and I will already be level 32 on my Titan. Aw yiss

So what was the strategy behind beating Crota? Oh and good luck with those radiant materials. You can only get them from the raid right? I think this is gonna become a problem very quickly.

Midas

Haha that's awesome. But you need like 63 of them. That can take a while. :)

Why did this DLC have to be released now when I have 7 days more of work before vacation? I need to grow up and learn to concentrate better on things.

Nodnol

Praise RNGesus! As pointed out though, the mats could slow you down!

For the rest of us, we will fall into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking our thumbs.

CLBridges

The feeling you must have felt to get all those drops this early, grats! Those radiant shards will be a pain though unless there are a lot more chests that haven't been found yet. You need a total 21 shards each to max each piece.

BokehKing

Banned
Welp, got up to Crota and group decided to stop there, took about 4 hours at least, phew! Pretty sure we probably missed some loot chests during the journey, but it's all good.

That first loot chest is def. easy to get, so after we called it for the night, I logged in solo with my alt. warlock and hunter. Got the chest for both, radiant energy for warlock and radiant shards and raid cape for hunter, not bad.
You can get to it solo? No 'unlocking' a gate like VoG?

Lima

Btw it's bullshit that there are only three drops. There is one really though part before Crota and you don't get anything for it.

Damn, you beat Crota?

Having the gear and no mats is better than having the mats and no gear. It'll be a while before you get those upgraded. Should be done by the time Hard hits though.

I got the gloves and chest from 2 checkpoints. Hopefully I can see the ending by the reset.

Midas

Damn, you beat Crota?

Having the gear and no mats is better than having the mats and no gear. It'll be a while before you get those upgraded. Should be done by the time Hard hits though.

I got the gloves and chest from 2 checkpoints. Hopefully I can see the ending by the reset.

Everyone is getting loot. I only got shards. But I only beat the first part though, might get something good from the other parts.

Have anyone looted any weapons?

Lima

Damn, you beat Crota?

Yeah we had one guy at lvl 31 already. He was our sword carrier for that whole fight. It's pretty much necessary to be lvl 31 for that role so you can survive at least one hit.

Damn, you beat Crota?

You want to pick up where we left off? I'll be back in an hour. If not at the third CP, could try with another character.

Btw it's bullshit that there are only three drops. There is one really though part before Crota and you don't get anything for it.

Yeah, kinda fucked up

Though maybe you have to beat it before the countdown or something like that. Or there's possibly some way to activate another chest.

CLBridges

You can get to it solo? No 'unlocking' a gate like VoG?

Currently, yes, you can get the first chest solo.
Once you drop down in the "abyss" take the first stone path to the left before reaching the first light pillar. It may not spawn the first time, so go back to orbit and reload.
Took me two tries with my warlock and three with hunter.

Currently, yes, you can get the first chest solo.
Once you drop down in the "abyss" take the first stone path to the left before reaching the first light pillar. It may not spawn the first time, so go back to orbit and reload.
Took me two tries with my warlock and three with hunter.

Also
the door that has the chest is illuminated. Not sure if this is true would like someone to confirm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I ran the Vault of Glass today for the exotics, and our group got 9 in total, if you count Vex Mythoclasts. I got four myself... but nothing of any use. :(

And I know it's old info, but they are using the old loot tables and the exotics are not upgraded.

So I ran the Vault of Glass today for the exotics, and our group got 9 in total, if you count Vex Mythoclasts. I got four myself... but nothing of any use. :(

And I know it's old info, but they are using the old loot tables and the exotics are not upgraded.

This is disappointing. Now I really have no reason to run it at all
I'd still run it for a Horn even if it's unupgraded :(

Shito

Yeah, it has already been reported, and this is so stupid that I can't think of anything but it being a bug.
The VoG is already kinda useless now, you would think they would at least want people to run it for exotics...

Top Bottom